Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Help with Shogun 2 and others total war games

ottaviano16ottaviano16 Registered Users Posts: 1
hello everyone im here to beg your help to fix a problem that has been regarding my PC since many years now.
when i try to launch total war games (ive got napoleon, empire, shogun, medieval, rome 1 (barbarian), ) through my steam account nothing happen, sometimes it pop up a window that says ''microsoft directx downloadin'' but then the window shut off but nothing happen and im not able to play. That doesnt make any sense, since many years ago i was able to play shogun without lag problems on medium-low settings and never had problem. Then one day, it random stopped working, i dont know what to do i tried every guide on every forum in the web but nothing seems work, the thing weird is that im actually still able to launch rome 1 total war and medieval, but i cant play any other game.
I have windows 7 XP
after some research it seems the problem is my directx but i dont know how fixed it, can you help me? when i try install my dirextx it says ''error occuring while downloadin, check dxsetup.log and dxerror.''
Please, i really need your help

Comments

• Tyer032392Tyer032392 Senior Member FloridaRegistered Users Posts: 4,756

hello everyone im here to beg your help to fix a problem that has been regarding my PC since many years now.
    when i try to launch total war games (ive got napoleon, empire, shogun, medieval, rome 1 (barbarian), ) through my steam account nothing happen, sometimes it pop up a window that says ''microsoft directx downloadin'' but then the window shut off but nothing happen and im not able to play. That doesnt make any sense, since many years ago i was able to play shogun without lag problems on medium-low settings and never had problem. Then one day, it random stopped working, i dont know what to do i tried every guide on every forum in the web but nothing seems work, the thing weird is that im actually still able to launch rome 1 total war and medieval, but i cant play any other game.
    I have windows 7 XP
    after some research it seems the problem is my directx but i dont know how fixed it, can you help me? when i try install my dirextx it says ''error occuring while downloadin, check dxsetup.log and dxerror.''
    Please, i really need your help

You may be better off posting a similar topic in the Tech forum; however, have you tried manually uninstalling and reinstalling your DirectX program?
    "All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. "