Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

User Info RequiredDisplay/pointer problems

CapMorganCapMorgan Posts: 2Registered Users
edited May 2018 in Performance & Graphics
Hi. I installed TOB yesterday, but when running the game I have had issues with the screen going blank and a "signal not in range" error.

If I unplug the monitor and reconnect, I can get the game picture on screen but then there are issues with the pointer, as you cannot click directly on any of the options and can only select by positioning the pointer a way off to the right of the options button.

This also has an effect on gameplay as I cannot select units without trying to guess where the pointer should be - please help!
Post edited by CA_Nate on

Comments

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 17,519Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Moved to the Support area.

Please provide the information Support will need, as outlined in this link:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/217713/guide-to-posting-in-performance-and-graphics#latest
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • CA_NateCA_Nate Creative Assembly Posts: 922Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hi @CapMorgan

Could you please provide us with the following files to help us investigate this issue further:

DXdiag,
    Preferences Script,
    Modified Log

If you are having issues finding the files, please refer to the following link below:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/217713/guide-to-posting-in-performance-and-graphics#latest

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • CapMorganCapMorgan Posts: 2Registered Users
    Build: V10.0 build 11479.1360569

Detailed description: When the game first runs all I see is a black screen with "signal not in range". This can be overcome by disconnecting/reconnecting the monitor. The next issue is the mouse pointer, as it does not accurately point at the game options. Sometimes I have to point it a centimetre or two away from the option I am trying to select before it "lights up" as being selected. The same issue is during gameplay as you cannot click accurately on units.

Reproduction Steps:
    - not sure what this relates to?
    -
    -

Screenshot: Unable to attach, but the above description is self explanatory.

Details of any solutions that have already been attempted: Tried reinstalling directX, updating drivers and repairing vcredist_x64 and vcredist_x86 files.

Please attach DxDiag - attached