Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Warring States

RenobrRenobr Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 3
Someone likes this time? There's a manga going on, I hope that they could make an DLC for this, I love the period of 3 kingdoms, but the warring state has more heroes =3

Comments

• IntranetusaIntranetusa Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 385
    Renobr said:

Someone likes this time? There's a manga going on, I hope that they could make an DLC for this, I love the period of 3 kingdoms, but the warring state has more heroes =3

No, it doesn't have more named heroes/characters? Especially not historically. The manga is gibberish in terms of historical accuracy btw.
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 315
    edited May 8
    I got hooked in the Warring States period after watching "Little Big Soldier" starring Jacky Chan. It really captured the plight of war , especially the ending :'(

• MrMecHMrMecH Registered Users Posts: 1,543
    It might come as next SAGA title.
    SHUT UP AND TAKE ME GHORGON

• BreadboxBreadbox Registered Users Posts: 193
    edited May 10
    Kids these days with their manga histories and original characters(donut steal)! /s

I have no idea what’s going on.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,013
    edited May 12
    MrMecH said:

Warring States will only use exactly the same Campaign Map of Three Kingdoms which is China itself as well.

Saga is expanding a certain region of Campaign Map, right?
    edited May 12
    jamreal18 said:

MrMecH said:

Warring States will only use exactly the same Campaign Map of Three Kingdoms which is China itself as well.
    Using the same geographic region doesn't necessarily mean it'll be the next saga game though. Saga is to create a stand alone experience, not expand an existing campaign map. ToB expanded nothing for Attila basically.

MTW1, MTW2, RTW1, RTW2, Attila, and Napoleon basically all used the same Europe map...
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,013

jamreal18 said:

MrMecH said:

Using the same geographic region doesn't necessarily mean it'll be the next saga game though. Saga is to create a stand alone experience, not expand an existing campaign map. ToB expanded nothing for Attila basically.

MTW1, MTW2, RTW1, RTW2, Attila, and Napoleon basically all used the same Europe map...
    ToB expanded a fraction of Attila campaign map and provided different factions which are different from Attila.

How about Warring States?

edited May 12
    jamreal18 said:

jamreal18 said:

MrMecH said:

ToB expanded a fraction of Attila campaign map and provided different factions which are different from Attila.

How about Warring States?

Yeh, if you look at it that way then you can consider it as expanding on it.

idk how it will work for going back in time with Warring States vs going forward in time like ToB or FOTS if they want to base it on a previous game.

The Warring States might have a problem of scope creep because the end of it leads to another large war within 20 years that was almost as big...which leads to the Han Dynasty wars which has the geographic scale of a RTW game.
  • IchonIchon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,682
    Red Turban Rebellion or the Mongol invasion of Song could cut down the full map size to something smaller.

I actually think the Mongol invasion of Song could be really interesting if CA focuses on siege battles and river battles.
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • TheodoreTheodore Member Registered Users Posts: 73
    Rome II had multiple expansions to different era's, so perhaps three kingdoms will also include expansions to different era's in Chinese history.
  • IchonIchon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,682
    Theodore said:

Rome II had multiple expansions to different era's, so perhaps three kingdoms will also include expansions to different era's in Chinese history.

Almost guaranteed as it might be awhile before CA revisits China so with the map and other assets in place having an expansion and at least 1 saga makes sense but alot will depend on sales of the starting title.
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • BreadboxBreadbox Registered Users Posts: 193
    edited May 18
    Games after Napoleon have largely replaced mini campaigns with grand campaigns of different start dates.
    It has been a trend for quite some time so I don’t doubt that we’ll see DLCs or Sagas of similiar nature.

A super obvious candidate for DLC would be the Chu-Han contention/Fall of Qin and Rise of Han.
    It retains some focus on heroic characters and romantism (though no where as strong), and features a short conflict that could be done justice in a dlc.

Warring states ‘might’ be too big of a setting for mere dlcs to handle.
    But it all depends on how much detail (or lack there of) they include.
    I imagine there will be difficulties in research, seeing how little we know of the militaries belonging to states that isn’t Qin.
    And I don’t particularly fancy seeing the awful TW chariot vs chariot clash,which resembles nothing like a sensible chariot fight.

Mongols,Jín(金) and Song would is the one I’m most interested in personally (Yay, Medieval 3), but would be a whole different beast.
    Breadbox said:

Games after Napoleon have largely replaced mini campaigns with grand campaigns of different start dates.
    It has been a trend for quite some time so I don’t doubt that we’ll see DLCs or Sagas of similiar nature.
    A super obvious candidate for DLC would be the Chu-Han contention/Fall of Qin and Rise of Han.
    It retains some focus on heroic characters and romantism (though no where as strong), and features a short conflict that could be done justice in a dlc.
    Warring states ‘might’ be too big of a setting for mere dlcs to handle.
    But it all depends on how much detail (or lack there of) they include.
    I imagine there will be difficulties in research, seeing how little we know of the militaries belonging to states that isn’t Qin.
    And I don’t particularly fancy seeing the awful TW chariot vs chariot clash,which resembles nothing like a sensible chariot fight.
    Mongols,Jín(金) and Song would is the one I’m most interested in personally (Yay, Medieval 3), but would be a whole different beast.

An issue I see with that is a game around the Chu Han Contention/Rise of the Han would be bigger in scale and geography than both the Warring States and the 3K TW. 3K may or may not have the Han Dynasty territories of the Western Regions, half the Korean pennisula, and northern Vietnam. However, a campaign detailing the rise of the Han Dynasty would certainly include those areas and maybe go deep into Mongolia and southern Russia too.

Geographically, the smallest scale would be Warring States, then Chu Han Contention, then 3K TW, and finally the overall Han Dynasty being the biggest.