Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Thrones of Britannia - Post-Release, What's Next?

12346»

Comments

• Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,095Registered Users
    Inocybe said:

I feel the same Skyjack. The difference with, for exemple, Paradox developer is striking: They always read what the fan have to say and they always argue with people with different view. The problem come from the economical model: Short life games versus long life games. The purpose of ToB is to make the most money on release (with a support for the first month) and then sell DLC for 6 months.

Paradox "listen" and then ignore everything and do whatever they want anyway.

Please do not fanboy for them.
  • InocybeInocybe Posts: 144Registered Users

Inocybe said:

I feel the same Skyjack. The difference with, for exemple, Paradox developer is striking: They always read what the fan have to say and they always argue with people with different view. The problem come from the economical model: Short life games versus long life games. The purpose of ToB is to make the most money on release (with a support for the first month) and then sell DLC for 6 months.

Lol, I do not fanboy for anyone (ok maybe for Microsoft products). I just think that Paradox are better for interacting with their playbase. Game directors are active on the forum and on twitter with weekly devlopment diary. If you compare with Jack Lusted for example, I think his last activity on this forum was, what, one month ago ?
  • SkyjackSkyjack Posts: 92Registered Users

Inocybe said:

They make solid games and are quite active in their interaction with fans/customers.
  • Emperor_NapoleonEmperor_Napoleon Posts: 122Registered Users
    So I guess this is it? CA are done with ToB now?
  • Castor878Castor878 Posts: 4Registered Users
    Does every battle have to end with the enemy king charging with his two remaining bodyguards back into the fray and certain death? Surely these guys had a strong instinct for self-preservation? What's the point in going to all that trouble to get historical characters so well represented if they have all blown their own brains out after 20 turns.
  • Total_War_VeteranTotal_War_Veteran Posts: 446Registered Users
    edited July 2018
    Haven't purchase the game as the review discourage me to do so, but still I am waiting for future content of the game. Is there any hope still that new features (ones that add management like religion, historical event, or any features) so that the game isn't too simplified ?
    I do like all the new features though, I just hope the game isn't too simplified (according to the review, as I haven't play the game myself)

NB : also for the current content, the price tag is a bit too pricey for me, I will wait for a sale to purchase
    Full support for CA and CA_Ella