Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The worst possible outcome

SephlockSephlock Posts: 422Registered Users
edited May 16 in General Discussion
I don’t see many ways that green leaves and thorns

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/8juuuu/something_wicked_this_way_comes/?utm_content=comments&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=totalwar

can translate into anything other than High elf shades and starfire sisters.

Hopefully we’ll get White lion chariots or some other interesting HE units instead.

Comments

• PaulHPaulH Posts: 999Registered Users
    I'm just glad that it doesn't appear to be skaven.
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 422Registered Users
    PaulH said:

I too hate fun and prefer boring infantry.
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Posts: 770Registered Users
    On Facebook: "can you please post something vaguer? I don't want to get spoiled on the surprise."
    Grace responded with a crown.
    So Alarielle confirmed in my eyes

On Facebook: "can you please post something vaguer? I don't want to get spoiled on the surprise."
    Grace responded with a crown.
    So Alarielle confirmed in my eyes

Well that’s good, at least.
  • GW_84GW_84 Posts: 146Registered Users
    Most recent posts of Grace in the thread OP liked to seem to confirm Queen and Crone, which I'm totally fine with. The Lizards and Skaven will have their own DLC anyway.

Also, vastly prefer some AP High Elf archers above a haggard chariot, but the dark elves will probably get some more exotic units if thats what you fancy
  • ben8vteduben8vtedu Posts: 1,534Registered Users
    Sephlock said:

I don’t see many ways that green leaves and thorns

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/8juuuu/something_wicked_this_way_comes/?utm_content=comments&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=totalwar

can translate into anything other than High elf shades and starfire sisters.

Hopefully we’ll get White lion chariots or some other interesting HE units instead.

Pretty sure this is the backdrop for the DLC poster and the vines are for Alarielle while the thorns and Blood are for Hellebron. I don't think there's a whole lot one can infer unit-wise from it.
    Keep Grombrindal in KaK, K8P should be 10 slots, Dogs of War should be a horde, DoC should be one race- Change my mind

Give us a Slayer Hero!
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 799Registered Users
    edited May 16
    Sephlock said:

PaulH said:

Why would you want radioactive gatling guns carried by insane rat people firing at crazy lizard people riding blind, acid-spitting cave dinosaurs when you could have various infantry?
    GW_84 said:

Also, vastly prefer some AP High Elf archers above a haggard chariot, but the dark elves will probably get some more exotic units if thats what you fancy

Granted, TW Warhammer hasn’t handled chariots very well.
  • hurricane501hurricane501 Senior Member Posts: 1,834Registered Users
    Sephlock said:

GW_84 said:

Granted, TW Warhammer hasn’t handled chariots very well.
    Better than any tw to date.

They are clunky but they work.

Rome 1 chariots insta died on charge and rome 2 are not any better lol
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 3,581Registered Users
    *rolls eyes*

Like I've said before, if the HE+DE pack is as bland as you keep making it out to be, it's probably the reason why it's coming out first. Infantry variants are relatively cheap and quick to make. Ratling guns and salamanders probably take a bit more time.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 937Registered Users

Sephlock said:

PaulH said:

Why would you want radioactive gatling guns carried by insane rat people firing at crazy lizard people riding blind, acid-spitting cave dinosaurs when you could have various infantry?
    And why would you want giant daemon rats, or giant lizards that spit fire when you can have a surly edgelord leading a group of sneaky surly edgelords?
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 937Registered Users
    Draxynnic said:

*rolls eyes*

Like I've said before, if the HE+DE pack is as bland as you keep making it out to be, it's probably the reason why it's coming out first. Infantry variants are relatively cheap and quick to make. Ratling guns and salamanders probably take a bit more time.

Haha, tbh I am excited for the pack, will probs be more hyped for DE additions than HE but will see what the units are :smile:
    Draxynnic said:

*rolls eyes*

Like I’ve said before, I don’t think that it’s necessarily going to be that bland, but I find it astonishing that the units I keep seeing on peoples wishlists are the most boring possible ones.
    Hopefully they’ll at least be implemented with some abilities or quirks that make them more than what is being described.
  • RazmirthRazmirth Posts: 1,104Registered Users
    PaulH said:

• uriakuriak Posts: 2,199Registered Users
    Honestly it's less the pack than maybe get the chance to see most WH2 bugs ironed out that I'm waiting for. I purposely put the whole game on hold almost from its release so far ^^;

Gameplay wise, do you think the missing HE/DE units will play a huge factor for their armies?

I kinda feel the new ranged options for LM and skaven will be more important.
  • boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Posts: 4,023Registered Users
    I have to agree, an entire dlc with nothing but elves is about as bad as it gets. Luckily CA will be gracing us with an accompanying flc grom!! Otherwise my head might just explode all over the place and nobody wants to be the first video game company to murder a guy over the internet!
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Posts: 822Registered Users
    boyfights said:

I have to agree, an entire dlc with nothing but elves is about as bad as it gets. Luckily CA will be gracing us with an accompanying flc grom!! Otherwise my head might just explode all over the place and nobody wants to be the first video game company to murder a guy over the internet!

Might aswell roll out the tarpaulin then, so you at least won't make a mess...
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Posts: 392Registered Users
    Razmirth said:

PaulH said:

The greatest gif of all time!
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 3,581Registered Users
    uriak said:

Honestly it's less the pack than maybe get the chance to see most WH2 bugs ironed out that I'm waiting for. I purposely put the whole game on hold almost from its release so far ^^;

Gameplay wise, do you think the missing HE/DE units will play a huge factor for their armies?

I kinda feel the new ranged options for LM and skaven will be more important.

They... could. Particularly if CA has gone the extra mile and included Skycutters. Sisters of Avelorn, for all some people like to denigrate them as being just another set of archers, will probably do for the High Elves as people are expecting ratlings and jezzails to do for the skaven. Shadow Warriors provide a sneaky option the High Elves currently lack, and there is potential for new generic lords (or heroes) to have a big impact.

Dark Elves are harder for me to analyse, but suffice it to say there's potential for a big impact there as well.

I still think the other two are missing more, but I can see a significant shakeup coming.
    The dark elves have a pretty decent roster of missing monsters- and didn’t someone find hooks for the Kharybdis a while ago?
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Posts: 899Registered Users
    Not a big fan of elves, but maybe that will change with the DLC...
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 7,776Registered Users
    You're reading a bit too much into the picture.

It's just a vague life/death hint, doesn't suggest what units we're getting.
    The best, most original, and funniest way to troll me is to insult the Ogres.
    The second best, super duper original, and l33t way is to insult me.
    The third best is to say "The Despoiler is a beautiful unit that fits perfectly into the Fantasy setting". Bonus points if you type that without throwing up.

Wrong thread, probably.
  • ben8vteduben8vtedu Posts: 1,534Registered Users
    Sephlock said:

Wrong thread, probably.
    You directly referenced Shadow Warriors and Sisters of Avelorn in the OP as if the video had something to do with them. He's just saying that there is nothing in the 6 second video that really indicate what units will be coming in the LP.
    Keep Grombrindal in KaK, K8P should be 10 slots, Dogs of War should be a horde, DoC should be one race- Change my mind

Give us a Slayer Hero!
  • LanancurasLanancuras Posts: 24Registered Users
    While pretty unrealistic, I'd like to see the Merwyrm (deep sea monster which can also fight on land that High Elf navies used, has forge world model and features in the High Elf Sea Lords list with proper rules and stats but is not part of their army book) added for the High Elves, but I'll be also happy if we get at least one of the exotic chariot units. Getting only new archer units would be a disappointment IMO.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 7,776Registered Users
    ben8vtedu said:

Sephlock said:

Wrong thread, probably.
    You directly referenced Shadow Warriors and Sisters of Avelorn in the OP as if the video had something to do with them. He's just saying that there is nothing in the 6 second video that really indicate what units will be coming in the LP.
    Correct.
    The best, most original, and funniest way to troll me is to insult the Ogres.
    The second best, super duper original, and l33t way is to insult me.
    The third best is to say "The Despoiler is a beautiful unit that fits perfectly into the Fantasy setting". Bonus points if you type that without throwing up.
    edited May 16
    ben8vtedu said:

Ah, fair enough.

Putting aside the issue of whether those units would be cool/fun to play with, based on the lists I've seen of the missing HE units it seems like they're the most likely to show up.

WH doesn't handle Chariots very well, and weren't there issues with regards to flying units transitioning between flight and staying on the ground? I'm not saying that they couldn't possibly implement a sky cutter (and if they do it well, that'd be fantastic) but it seems less likely.

***edit***

More to the point, the worst possible outcome is "it isn't a Skaven vs Lizardmen DLC".
  • PocmanPocman Posts: 1,556Registered Users
    Sephlock said:

ben8vtedu said:

Ah, fair enough.

Putting aside the issue of whether those units would be cool/fun to play with, based on the lists I've seen of the missing HE units it seems like they're the most likely to show up.

WH doesn't handle Chariots very well, and weren't there issues with regards to flying units transitioning between flight and staying on the ground? I'm not saying that they couldn't possibly implement a sky cutter (and if they do it well, that'd be fantastic) but it seems less likely.

***edit***

More to the point, the worst possible outcome is "it isn't a Skaven vs Lizardmen DLC".
    You are getting that sooner or later, so not really a bad outcome.

And in any case, Des are gettin Kharibdyss almost for sure, and probably Medusas too.

After an unbelievably long wait, it turns out the desperately needed units aren’t in the upcoming pack. So yeah that’s a pretty bad outcome. Who knows when the next pack will be, what with ToB stuff on the schedule...

Hopefully we get some of the cooler potential elf units at least.
  • ElectorCountElectorCount Posts: 80Registered Users
    Sephlock said:

After an unbelievably long wait, it turns out the desperately needed units aren’t in the upcoming pack. So yeah that’s a pretty bad outcome. Who knows when the next pack will be, what with ToB stuff on the schedule...

Hopefully we get some of the cooler potential elf units at least.

We've got no idea which units are even in it yet. Calm down.