Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A little poll about The Queen & The Crone

Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 5,985
https://strawpoll.com/6crhyb22

Just a very simple poll to gauge opinions about the roster issues in the upcoming DLC. If you aren't happy with the answers provided feel free to elaborate here.

Comments

• az88az88 Registered Users Posts: 3,065
    I've already bought it, but I do think CA tried it on a bit and are now scrambling to deal with the blow-back.

I recognise when I'm being "PRed", but as I said in another thread I'm too cynical to be bothered by it overly much.

I do think the work they have done on it looks good. That's not to say it gives the same value as other DLC and I'm not really interested in getting into that over and over again. Whatever management and budget decisions got made, the people who have worked on it seem to have done a good job and put thought and care into the design. I think we can all appreciate that side of things.
  • Overlord87Overlord87 Registered Users Posts: 861
    As of now, I'm not satisfied.

Once we know the full content of the pack (that is, the monstruous surprise), I'll probably change my position.

Still, we really should know all the content, but I don't want to reignite the discussion.
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 5,985
    az88 said:

I've already bought it, but I do think CA tried it on a bit and are now scrambling to deal with the blow-back.

I recognise when I'm being "PRed", but as I said in another thread I'm too cynical to be bothered by it overly much.

I do think the work they have done on it looks good. That's not to say it gives the same value as other DLC and I'm not really interested in getting into that over and over again. Whatever management and budget decisions got made, the people who have worked on it seem to have done a good job and put thought and care into the design. I think we can all appreciate that side of things.

I agree. It seems to me they did a good job with limited resources being allocated.
  • Khaine1godKhaine1god Registered Users Posts: 451
    az88 said:

The Dlc quality isn't bad in its current state but it could have been better.They had the assets for the skeleton with the hydra and the sepulchral stalkers for the missing dark elf monsters,they only had to do is make the skycutter work and give the high elves the dragon mage as a lord with fire/beast lore with a dragon mount and get the dark elves fleet master/beast master hero unit.Some people including me expected more because of the huge content hunger from the last Dlc.I cant say the flcs are bad but to be honest exept for Alith and his crew and the dwarfs new forging mecanic,the rest is eye candy.
  • CirdanCirdan Registered Users Posts: 778
    The last option seems a bit missleading to me. I think most of us who are happy with the DLC do care about more units being added. Thus the option should rather be "I'm happy with the DLC and additional units is just a bonus."
    edited May 2018
    Cirdan said:

The last option seems a bit missleading to me. I think most of us who are happy with the DLC do care about more units being added. Thus the option should rather be "I'm happy with the DLC and additional units is just a bonus."

Then you should vote "I don't care". The last option means "I would not be happy if the missing units/heroes would be confirmed to never be included". It's worded "but only" for that reason.
  • BiesBies Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,546
    nice one :p

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,837
    I'm not happy with it, of course.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

Bies said:

Talk about splitting the community :D
    Xenos7 said:

Bies said:

You should post it on reddit, in no time purple will reign triumphat.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

Xenos7 said:

Bies said:

And if I posted it on Steam, then green would triumph. Remember the review bombing? The official forum seems to me the most balanced and most representative of level-headed fans.
  • HeruwulfarHeruwulfar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 108
    Very biased poll but at least you are not hiding your opinion or purpose.
    -"If you're harpy and you know it clap your hands"
    edited May 2018
    Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Bies said:

And if I posted it on Steam, then green would triumph. Remember the review bombing? The official forum seems to me the most balanced and most representative of level-headed fans.
    Oh right, there is Steam too. Worth trying to be honest. I don't remember, or rather I didn't know about it. I don't visit Steam forums at all.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

Why biased, exactly? My opinion is

I'm fine with it, but only if more units are included down the line via DLC or FLC.

I've voted first.
    Xenos7 said:

Bies said:

I'm flabbergasted about the purple side how can people literally refuse content?And people wonder why these days Dlc policys are so toxic when you got people thanking and paying Gaming companies for a stick that has a shiny ribbon on it with the name new content.
    Not saying it apply 100% to CA dlc policys but CMOOON.

Xenos7 said:

Bies said:

I'm flabbergasted about the purple side how can people literally refuse content?And people wonder why these days Dlc policys are so toxic when you got people thanking and paying Gaming companies for a stick that has a shiny ribbon on it with the name new content.
    Well, there were people here arguing that 8th edition constructs shouldn't have been included in the Tomb Kings DLC, so this isn't weird.
    Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Bies said:

Well, there were people here arguing that 8th edition constructs shouldn't have been included in the Tomb Kings DLC, so this isn't weird.
    I bet you some of them used a mod to remove them beceaus MU GW POINTLESS MINIES and I LOVE ME STICK DON WHANT EXTRA STUFF ,and my favorit MAAA I DON WHANT EXTRA CONTENT AND DON MINDE IF I GET BUT I GONNA TROLL OTHER CONSUMERS CUS MA STICK.
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,139
    Leading question wording much?

There are no 'missing units' in the DLC. The DLC is the DLC that was announced. If it's 1st June and you have bought the DLC and there are no Shadow Warrior in your game, then there'll be missing units.
    edited May 2018

There are no 'missing units' in the DLC. The DLC is the DLC that was announced. If it's 1st June and you have bought the DLC and there are no Shadow Warrior in your game, then there'll be missing units.

Vote grab your stick and begone this poll is about to see if people are happy with what the dlc contains ,or if they should have put more in it,for a higher price ofcourse.

Oh Lord. Missing in respect to the 8th edition TT roster. In your definition of the matter there would be no missing units even if just one was included.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,339

You can pretend monsters were not a part of the 8th edition WH:FB game CA is creating TW:W from.

The rest of us will be here in reality.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Registered Users Posts: 1,441
    I'm not happy~ and i want more units.

The ones who believes "more units = worthless" are just a bunch of sloppy Yes-Men plebeians~

Grace said that many players wanted other units for Queen and the Crone...and CA'll take it into consideration for the future. A good news, finally~

Change my mind.

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
    - Gilead's Blood: 8/10
    - Riders of the Dead: 9/10
    - Empire in Chaos: 9/10
    - Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
    - Mark of Heresy: 7/10
    - G&F: Trollslayer: 6.5/10
    - G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
    - G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
    - G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
    - G&F: Beastslayer: 8.5/10
    - G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
    - G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
    - The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade vol. one: 8.5/10
    - Drachenfels: 6.5/10
    - Genevìeve Undead: 7.5/10
    - Silver Nails: 9.5/10
    Did you edit poll or colours change depending on percentage, with green being the highest?
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

The ones who believes "more units = worthless" are just a bunch of sloppy Yes-Men plebeians~

Grace said that many players wanted other units for Queen and the Crone...and CA'll take it into consideration for the future. A good news, finally~

Change my mind.

That would be great news. Could you provide a link for that?
  • CirdanCirdan Registered Users Posts: 778
    edited May 2018
    Because people who are happy about it has to vote that they don't care about additional content, per my earlier post. We have to literally refuse additional content according to your options. Hence we are forced to vote for "i'm fine with it, but only...". As i said earlier, it's not representative because we can't vote for "I'm happy with, and i would love to get more content".
  • Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Registered Users Posts: 1,441
    Xenos7 said:

Change my mind.

That would be great news. Could you provide a link for that?
    Give me a sec.

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
    - Gilead's Blood: 8/10
    - Riders of the Dead: 9/10
    - Empire in Chaos: 9/10
    - Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
    - Mark of Heresy: 7/10
    - G&F: Trollslayer: 6.5/10
    - G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
    - G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
    - G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
    - G&F: Beastslayer: 8.5/10
    - G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
    - G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
    - The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade vol. one: 8.5/10
    - Drachenfels: 6.5/10
    - Genevìeve Undead: 7.5/10
    - Silver Nails: 9.5/10

Change my mind.

HAHHAHA bray with me in victory my cloven brother the ghorgon shall feast today.
    edited May 2018
    Cirdan said:

Then i absolutely find the poll itself missleading, because people who are happy with it but wants more units are forced to pick an option that says that i'm only happy with it if

Xenos7 said:

Cirdan said:

Then you should vote "I don't care". The last option means "I would not be happy if the missing units/heroes would be confirmed to never be included". It's worded "but only" for that reason.
    Then the poll itself is biased and missleading, because people who's happy with the DLC are forced to say that they don't want more units. As i said earlier, many of us are happy with it, but its not a requirement for our happiness that more units are added. Your suggestion for content people is that we refuse more content. Thus we are forced to vote for a
    Xenos7 said:

Why biased, exactly? My opinion is

I'm fine with it, but only if more units are included down the line via DLC or FLC.

I've voted first.
    Because people who are happy about it has to vote that they don't care about additional content, per my earlier post. We have to literally refuse additional content according to your options. Hence we are forced to vote for "i'm fine with it, but only...". As i said earlier, it's not representative because we can't vote for "I'm happy with, and i would love to get more content".
    "I don't care" doesn't mean "I don't want it". It just means that, well, you don't care. You may not care for a thing and still be happy if you get it. I think it's worded pretty clearly. A "I would love" option would be useless, everyone loves getting more. The poll is trying to gauge the strength of that wish.
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 980
    Very biased and leading question but all good fun.

And seeing who posted it I'm surprised that you've been as restrained as this!

Very biased and leading question but all good fun.

And seeing who posted it I'm surprised that you've been as restrained as this!

You know what's fun? Every single time I've defended CA DLC policy and prices, and I've done that a lot, people have called me a fanboy. Now that I'm not happy with this DLC, I'm suddenly a hater and what I say is biased.