Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Need ETA on "Monstrous Secret" before purchase

ReeksReeks Posts: 1,039Registered Users
Hey CA I would like to request a ETA on the arrival of:

But this is not all. The Druchii possess a dark and powerful weapon.
When blood runs in rivers and the air is choked with Death, the chains will break and this monstrous secret will be unleashed.

I understand from some responses on Reddit from a CA staff member that we can not expect to have this information in hand at the release of "The Queen and The Crone", I would like to know if we can expect the information to be released shortly after release of the DLC or not.

My opinion on this new direction in your release hyping is that it is distasteful if not outright shifty, and i can not for the life of me understand how you could think that the community would react in a positive way to not knowing what the DLC would contain before purchase, what is next.......mystery boxes? I sincerely hope not.

Regards Reeks.

Comments

• FrostPawFrostPaw Junior Member Posts: 725Registered Users
    Before the end of the preorder, so you'll be fine.
  • MetternichMetternich Posts: 77Registered Users
    In fact i think that i will sue CA for misleading advertisment, fraud and extortion to some consumer assosation.
  • BurtReynoldsBurtReynolds Junior Member Posts: 20Registered Users
    Selling stuff that you don't know for certain what it contains is a rather normal practice for games, look at the countless of season passes that gets released with games, buy all our expansions, dlc etc. for a reduced price before we release them. In the end though you can just wait with your purchase until it is released if the TBA item it has included is your deal breaker.
  • VacmidvalleyVacmidvalley Posts: 50Registered Users
    I don't want "season passes" in my strategy games. Thanks.
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member Posts: 991Registered Users
    You have to buy the DLC so that you can find out what's in it away from the fog of the controversy.
  • SteppelordSteppelord Junior Member Posts: 1,581Registered Users
    I think the high elves should get a named (RoR) dragon if they dont get skycutter or white lion chariot: I mean dark elves just got so many new monsters, and now possibly charybdyss, its a bit unfair towards the high elves.

In my opinion that would be worth those units not being included.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 8,789Registered Users

Selling stuff that you don't know for certain what it contains is a rather normal practice for games, look at the countless of season passes that gets released with games, buy all our expansions, dlc etc. for a reduced price before we release them. In the end though you can just wait with your purchase until it is released if the TBA item it has included is your deal breaker.

true but I would prefer what I purchase before.

Even if the claims that this is a reaction of the complains are true, CA should know what exactly that reaction is before release.
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 3,574Registered Users
    One of the RoR apparently couldn't be shown because the animations weren't finished (a fortnight from release!), so I'm hoping this is simply a unit they didn't complete in time.

Because if they're going to start making pot luck an element of their DLC's, I shan't be purchasing.

• Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Posts: 917Registered Users
    Upvote.

This reminds me some DLCs where if you're lucky you can find what you want inside it...if you're unlucky, well, this is your problem.

Furthermore, basing on CA hints-story, this "Monstrous Druchii's Secret" could be everything! It could be Kharybdiss, Medusa, a **** Quest, a **** weapon, a stupid new magic/skill..... :/

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
    - Gilead's Blood: 8/10
    - Riders of the Dead: 9/10
    - Empire in Chaos: 9/10
    - Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
    - Mark of Heresy: 7/10
    - G&F: Trollslayer: 6.5/10
    - G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
    - G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
    - G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
    - G&F: Beastslayer: 8.5/10
    - G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
    - G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
  • Otters007Otters007 Posts: 457Registered Users
    I agree it is quite irritating that in the dlc reveal they haven't actually let us know everything to do with what we are actually buying.
  • az88az88 Posts: 3,065Registered Users
    Honestly, if the extra "monster" is what makes the difference between this being worth it to you or not, don't buy it yet. The preorder discount is what, about 60p? Just wait.
  • SherShahSuriSherShahSuri Junior Member Posts: 1,109Registered Users

In fact i think that i will sue CA for misleading advertisment, fraud and extortion to some consumer assosation.

Shamefur Dispray...
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Posts: 497Registered Users
    I’m confused...is the monstrous secret coming with or after the new DLC. If it’s after that sucks big time!
  • Dr_MoldDr_Mold Posts: 51Registered Users
    It's 7$... Don't buy it until after it's released then if 7$ is too much money to throw around. This post is ridiculous.
  • ReeksReeks Posts: 1,039Registered Users
    edited May 20
    az88 said:

Honestly, if the extra "monster" is what makes the difference between this being worth it to you or not, don't buy it yet. The preorder discount is what, about 60p? Just wait.

Its not, not at all, I just want to know what I am buying before I pay for it, and I don´t think that's to much to ask for to be completely honest.

Edit "Typo fiveO"
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 9,217Registered Users, Moderators
    I don't care about ETA so much as I care about them actually saying what is coming.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
  • ReeksReeks Posts: 1,039Registered Users
    Dr_Mold said:

It's 7$... Don't buy it until after it's released then if 7$ is too much money to throw around. This post is ridiculous.

I find your post to be extremely silly, if your fine with paying for mystery stuff that's your right, just don´t expect others to feel the same way.

Have a nice day
  • az88az88 Posts: 3,065Registered Users
    Reeks said:

az88 said:

Its not, not at all, I just want to know what I am buying before I pay for it, and I don´t think that's to much to ask to be completely honest.
    It's not. I don't approve of what they're doing at all.
  • drakeof5ddrakeof5d Junior Member Posts: 235Registered Users

Then w8 for the dlc to release to buy. No one force u to preorder
  • PocmanPocman Posts: 1,628Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

I don't care about ETA so much as I care about them actually saying what is coming.

Yep. Someone said that it may not be a new unit but a RoR... if that was the case, it would be not only a disappointment but I actually would feel a little cheated.
  • 2X4B2X4B Posts: 47Registered Users
    edited May 20
    If CA Hadn't have put that little blurb at the bottom of the DLC page, and just released the unit as a surprise afterwards, would y'all still be mardy?

(Edit: I say unit, could be owt, right? but still)
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 8,039Registered Users
    2X4B said:

If CA Hadn't have put that little blurb at the bottom of the DLC page, and just released the unit as a surprise afterwards, would y'all still be mardy?

(Edit: I say unit, could be owt, right? but still)

yes, because then we wouldn't have the talks about the "Secret" but even more complaints about the "Lacklustre roster"
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 9,217Registered Users, Moderators
    Pocman said:

Canuovea said:

Yep. Someone said that it may not be a new unit but a RoR... if that was the case, it would be not only a disappointment but I actually would feel a little cheated.
    I didn't buy the pack because of that unit, I bought it based on what it has... but even I'd feel a bit cheated if it weren't an actual unit, yeah.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
  • RichdogRichdog Posts: 642Registered Users
    CA are doing a crap job latey and they know it. I am guessing management is giving them a hard time over Norsca and also trying to cost cut with the new content being produced. Hence the new unit re-skins and re-hashing of Lords. All of this secrecy is basically CA doing their best to avoid the great amount of flak that the are currently (and rightly) getting for their quality issues.
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
  • KrilralKrilral Member Posts: 902Registered Users
    I posted something like this in response to another thread as well:

It is problematic that CA (and SEGA) are trying to sell us something without telling us (in full) what it is. This is true regardless of the price. Nowhere else would we accept the explanation of "hey! why don't you give me 7 euros and in return I'll give you some totally cool stuff...but I'll only tell you what it is, after you buy it".

The fact is CA (and SEGA) are willing to take our money for this right now, but they won't be willing to give it back if we don't like it, when we find out what it is. People could be buying this DLC right now based at least partially on a wrongful assumption of what is in it. Especially if the mystery content isn't a monstrous unit, as the description very heavily hints at.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Posts: 1,249Registered Users
    I dunno, I guess I'm not buying it for whatever the secret is. The pack already looks worth it to me.

I guess it depends on how the secret is obtained, but I honestly don't understand this whole "I have to know 100% of everything in my game in advance" mentality.

I liked unlocking secret characters or hidden levels in the games of yesteryear. Now this only applies if the secret is unlockable via gameplay in the DLC.

If the secret is just going to be patched into the DLC later as part of an update.....yeah....that is a little dumb. Not a deal breaker....but dumb.
  • HarkovastHarkovast Posts: 843Registered Users
    I am happy with the content in the pack already.
    But I will feel a bit annoyed if it isn't a new monster unit.
    They are hinting so strongly that if it isn't that it will seem like some kind of trick.
  • Khaine1godKhaine1god Posts: 78Registered Users
    edited May 21
    Richdog said:

CA are doing a crap job latey and they know it. I am guessing management is giving them a hard time over Norsca and also trying to cost cut with the new content being produced. Hence the new unit re-skins and re-hashing of Lords. All of this secrecy is basically CA doing their best to avoid the great amount of flak that the are currently (and rightly) getting for their quality issues.

The Norsca thing messed everything up for everyone ,lets hope the "secret"is worth the wait and then move on,lets hope when Lizardmen/Skaven dlc comes we won t have discussion like this(they will be rosters complains that s guaranteed).
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • KrilralKrilral Member Posts: 902Registered Users
    @Valkaar

I'm also mostly satisfied with the contents of this DLC already; I think it's just a matter of some people (myself included) not liking to be "tricked". Sure, I have 7 euros to spend, but I want to know what I'm getting. It's especially problematic because the careful, thoughtful costumers - who wait to see what it is before paying - will have to pay more than those who pre-order.

It's also not really comparable to hidden unlockables. This is being directly marketed to us as a reason to buy the DLC.

Also I just don't want it to become a common practice to withhold information about products that are not refundable while still accepting the costumers' money. So I show my dissatisfaction when it happens.
  • MetternichMetternich Posts: 77Registered Users
    There is too little transparency and seems that CA isn't going to change that. For me they are trying to tell us that they have the intention to abandon the project and they are ignoring us so that we also lose our confidence in the future of the game.