Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Another great mod was released

makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
I strongly recommend you to check this out
It adds feature which people were asking for months . . .

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1391653276
Tagged:

Comments

• endurendur Registered Users Posts: 4,090
    "Legendary Lord Respec and Wounded Lord Revival"

Just so people know, this mod does respecs of confederation LLs and also allows confederation of wounded LLs.

• KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,754
    Definitely both things that should be in the base game. I'll be sure to check out the mod.
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Registered Users Posts: 1,105
    Totalwar Warhammer community of modder never seize to amaze me.
  • JollyRogeroJollyRogero Member Registered Users Posts: 675
    This is amazing! We have needed this for so long! Clever devils I assumed it wasn't possible because CA wasn't doing it due to some hardcore issue.
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,068
    edited May 2018
    Really nice mod ! But on the other hand I find it sad that we need a mod to fix the bug , oh sorry the "feature" that CA added .
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • TheBlaze_64TheBlaze_64 Registered Users Posts: 302
    That is seriously freaking cool. I'm very impressed.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,185
    That should seriously be incorporated into the game and that dude should get all future DLC for WH2 for free.
  • GwydionGwydion Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,247
    Modders doing CA's work again..... without them this game would be dead to me. Spot on as always
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
  • az88az88 Registered Users Posts: 3,070
    Sounds like one of those rare mods where, once you've had it installed for a bit, you completely forget it's not just part of vanilla. Then one day you play vanilla and can't believe how daft the game is without that mod.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,185
    I seriously cannot remember the last time I got The Fay Enchantress in a confederation -- she is ALWAYS wounded. Gets annoying.
  • GwydionGwydion Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,247
    Lets all not forget that CA said this was IMPOSSIBLE to do. That it would take SO much work and require SO many HOURS of long back breaking work.

Such laziness.... I swear.
    PLEASE CA!!! Chaos Warriors need a faction that is not horde only by the time the trilogy is finished! We beg of you!

Just Realized this topic has been viewed more, the topic of " Limiting Race Expansion/ Colonization Expansion" alone than more than half of the stickied things at the top of the forum... I hope you are too CA and I mean that in a positive way from a huge fan!

Please improve sieges! Add racial flavor and ACTUALLY make them "deeper rather than wide" copy and paste with different art needs to go!
  • Jappie87Jappie87 Registered Users Posts: 164
    Gwydion said:

Lets all not forget that CA said this was IMPOSSIBLE to do. That it would take SO much work and require SO many HOURS of long back breaking work.

Its not lazy. From what Ive seen people spend an abnormal amount of time explaining why things are as they are.

Look at how many threads in this forum are basically one guy saying "well this is silly" and then 10 guys running in to explain them why its very logical that its silly. Its the same in most corporate cultures. Instead of identifying a goal state and going from A (current state) to B (goal state) most companies just spend ages reasoning why A is a logical state to be in. Untill someone outside shouts "Im at B!".

Kudos to the maker for not buying into "cant" and getting to B.
  • DEM0N_LLAMADEM0N_LLAMA Registered Users Posts: 620
    OMG! Sweet, so downloading this.
  • FredenFreden Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 440
    Im hoping for a version with Mixu's LL 1 & 2 :)
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,391
    Itharus said:

That should seriously be incorporated into the game and that dude should get all future DLC for WH2 for free.

Yes. Some of the work done by modders is awesome.

Is there a reason why ca doesn’t use their input for the official game?
  • sieahsieah Registered Users Posts: 1,050
    whoa, this is a must have.
    CA- please take note on how to add useful and needed stuff to you game. Hint- Lab was neither needed nor useful.
  • hurricane501hurricane501 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,834
    edited May 2018
    Literally adds nothing to the game.. respeccing lords seems dumb even when the ai totally ruin the lords and if you confed when you want a ll thats your fault simple as that.

Be informed that graph that showed most players play normal then hard then easy and very easy is kinda the same for modders they want the game to be as easy as possible... probs most play with god mode or infinite cash mods too :/
  • EK5000EK5000 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 153
    Great mod, definitely something that should be part of the base game, especially if more game 1 legendary lords are being given their own factions (like Ungrim).

The mod seems to have a few kinks though: for example, Legendary Lords who get "reset" seem to lose their unique lord traits, which is annoying but something I can live with.
  • TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Registered Users Posts: 1,126
    I find it absolutely laughable how CA's dev team are unable to prioritise and fix things that modders don't seem to have too much trouble with. CA's dev team seem increasingly weak in skill.
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
  • FabiFabi Registered Users Posts: 216
  • CorbaniteCorbanite Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7
    Cool,.. so it's not a respec,.. it's a delete and replace with a lvl x clone with x free skill points to spend.

Looks like there's some troubles with undead from the comments on the thread. It would be nice but I am not that fussed tbh, If I wanted to play a lord that badly I would play that faction. Often I gets the lords when I confed sometimes I don't. /shrugs. I like to play the hand I am dealt and figure the game is balanced around this.
  • ZilongZilong Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 501
    There is some strange hate in this thread for the developers.

There is a thread on reddit where the creator of the mod basically says that CA was, in fact, not lying about the impossibility of skill resets and confederating. Essentially, they said that the mod effectively just bypasses everything by creating a clone of the legendary lord, rather than actually transferring the actual lord from the current campaign.

So, no, it is not possible, as far as anyone knows so far. There is, as this mod shows, a band-aid solution, but expect things to break with the upcoming patch as the modder him/herself has said it is a workaround as opposed to a fix.

Regardless, it is impressive work on their part. I just won’t be using it because I’m fine with the current system.
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,232
    would be funny when the update on 31th does the same :D
  • AvadonAvadon Registered Users Posts: 1,545
    endur said:

"Legendary Lord Respec and Wounded Lord Revival"

Just so people know, this mod does respecs of confederation LLs and also allows confederation of wounded LLs.

Which should be...base game...

Again...great work from a modder...this case...errrm /cough...o,..,O...slave!..is this actually right?...-,..,-'...fine then...

Ahem...great work from...Drunk Flamingo...

edited May 2018
    Zilong said:

There is a thread on reddit where the creator of the mod basically says that CA was, in fact, not lying about the impossibility of skill resets and confederating. Essentially, they said that the mod effectively just bypasses everything by creating a clone of the legendary lord, rather than actually transferring the actual lord from the current campaign.

That explains everything, cloning is apparently only possible for the modders, paid professional cant help you here, sir.
    Thanks man, are you a genius or something cause u smart man.
  • twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,670
    edited May 2018
    Gwydion said:

Not sure what quote you are referring to, I'm only aware of these by @EvaJobse :

- LL's not appearing after confederating (only when they are alive)

Behaviour is intended, sorry.

It is the way it is because of all the code changes that had to be done to make generic lord/hero immortality work without potentially crashing the game if the character pool is being flooded with immortal generic lord/hero candidates after confederating with many factions and getting all their immortal characters.

On reset:

This issue is pretty much at the top of the wishlist of stuff that we still want to do, but unfortunately the amount of work it requires is extremely high as this system has tendrils everywhere, which is why we haven't been able to do it yet. Sorry.

Every time we have some spare resources people bring this feature up again; we want it just as badly as some of you. It's just a case of "Do you rather have skillpoint resets, or do you rather have these 3 small features", and then you can figure what gets priority. But I'm sure it will happen someday!

If we want CA designers to engage on forums best not put words in their mouths. If you do have such quotes then I stand corrected.

I had a look at the mods solution posted on reddit, it looks a good workaround making a cache of character then respawning a new version of the character. There do seem to be a few wrinkles with the reset and probably not the way CA would want to do it. Not sure what this does in terms system stability re crashing the character pool. The thing with mods is that they come with a "buyer beware" caveat whereas CA are responsible above all else to providing a crash free game, with many hundred hours of TWW played something they seem to have achieved.
    Post edited by twwatcher on
  • NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,864
    edited May 2018
    sieah said:

Zilong said:

That explains everything, cloning is apparently only possible for the modders, paid professional cant help you here, sir.
    Don't be naive.

CA have to prevent catastrophic failures that can occur with such a implementation such as crashes, freezes, and lock ups. The solution to the modders is a clever one that I'm sure CA looked into, but it's not exactly a secure and bug free implementation either which the modder is not responsible for whereas CA is. So your sarcasm is unnecessary.

Work arounds and Band-Aids are not what professional developers do. They go for proper implementations. You don't solve a problem purely based on scripts for something like this.

If this means CA has to get rid of immortality then I'm all for it. You could just have immortality changed to a supremely high resistance to assassin based actions to the point where it's impossible. Or they could just not even let Legendary Lord's and Legendary Hero's even have the assassin based actions allowed against them, be greyed out for the enemy agent basically.

That would solve the problem. Not be a workaround with the same existing problems present.
  • DMFan79DMFan79 ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 407
    If you want to do a clean job with your lords, you need to use SaveParser.
  • DethonDethon Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 56
    sieah said:

Zilong said:

I'm a paid, professional developer and I would NOT implement this kind of solution (unless the situation is extremely dire, which this isn't).

As for the reasons; it's bad design, bug prone and introduces maintenance overhead. That alone screams "don't touch me with a 10 foot pole".
    edited May 2018

Don't be naive.

CA have to prevent catastrophic failures that can occur with such a implementation such as crashes, freezes, and lock ups. The solution to the modders is a clever one that I'm sure CA looked into, but it's not exactly a secure and bug free implementation either which the modder is not responsible for whereas CA is. So your sarcasm is unnecessary.

So, they cant fix catastrophic bugs either, they also cant implement simple solutions, so actually what CAN they do?
    Dethon said:

I'm a paid, professional developer and I would NOT implement this kind of solution (unless the situation is extremely dire, which this isn't).

As for the reasons; it's bad design, bug prone and introduces maintenance overhead. That alone screams "don't touch me with a 10 foot pole".

Well if youre a pro isnt it your job to implement it without bugs?