Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

HeirofCarthage playing everqueen campaign plus overview of units

Bies#4376Bies#4376 Junior MemberSwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,725
edited May 2018 in General Discussion

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Tagged:

Comments

• Bies#4376Bies#4376 Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,725

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• DragonstormDragonstorm Registered Users Posts: 55
    Not anymore. seems they got nuked for some reason.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    Unbreakable blood voyage is it?
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • B1ing3rmanB1ing3rman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 357
    Probably they were uploaded too soon. Probably all youtubers will be online tomorrow or in a few hours.
  • sieahsieah Registered Users Posts: 1,055
    too late CA! video already watched.
  • SnipingAchillesSnipingAchilles Senior Member BelgiumRegistered Users Posts: 307
    He probably was too early
    AggonyAchilles on Steam.

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/snipingachilles
  • Mr_Finley7#4571Mr_Finley7#4571 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,375
    Damn I just missed it.
  • B1ing3rmanB1ing3rman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 357
    edited May 2018
    I started to see it, but I went to eat and now bye bye :(. Well I hope we can see more soon. Those who saw it, anything new?
  • harngersteinharngerstein Registered Users Posts: 1,028

I started to see it, but I went to eat and now bye bye :(. Well I hope we can see more soon. Those who saw it, anything new?

Fortress gates will allow blood voyages to walk right through. So no, nothing new
  • Mr_Finley7#4571Mr_Finley7#4571 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,375

Fortress gates will allow blood voyages to walk right through. So no, nothing new
    Jesus, still not fixed?
  • TyrionpeepTyrionpeep Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 333
    Yeah I watched it too.

Handmaidens have a weird skill tree. Instead of it going Skill > Skill > Skill > Skill

Her middle section has a weird;
    Skill > Skill > Skill (this line seemingly for politics
    Skill > Skill > Skill (this line for General Army buffs
    Skill > Skill > Skill (this line for her combat buffs
    Along with the usual Blue Campaign at the bottom and Mount options at the top.

Her and Alarielle struggled against a Dark Elven Lady. Sisters of Slaughter aren’t too easy to pick off with bows, even with 1 Sisters of Averlon and 2 archer units focusing them down. At almost no health they still killed well enough.

Sisters of Averlon aren’t too bad, just too expensive, especially in Multiplayer. They can put out a bit of damage, but you’d need multiple to actually do anything with them.

Alarielle does get a +12% Weapon Strength and +4 Melee attack against Tomb Kings and Vampire counts as a skill, and a skill that gives her +15% against Large and +4 Melle attack against Chaos if I remember correctly. All in all she won’t be too great, she’d certainly heal up your units but not much else. Never got to see the buffs she gets in Campaign really as it was too early.

Didn’t get to see Shadow Warriors in Work though. However, Scourge of Khaine have most of Averlon, The Phoenix Gate and Nagarythe. Which added with the Cult of Pleasure in Lothern will make Ulthuan much more fun to play. Plus Heir was attacked basically at the start by a Blood Voyage. It will be a fun campaign. Alarielle just doesn’t seem to be anything better than a generic Lore of Life caster. But the Tree units are pretty awesome.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,472

Not really, same custscene for the Vortex campaign, although Heir said some of the stuff was stand-in's still.

Armies can still march through the Fortress Gates seemingly, and the High Elves diplomacy is still...peculiar, with even Tyrion being unfriendly.

Blood Voyage armies are God-awful to deal with even when comprised of naff units, they must be an absolute terror when comprised of good ones, it'll be interesting to see how balanced they are.

There are still Quest Items that are dependent on missions, like the Moonstaff and Heart of Avelorn, in Alarielle's case the Shield of Isha is dependent on taking the Phoenix Gate.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • TyrionpeepTyrionpeep Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 333
    Arsenic said:

Not really, same custscene for the Vortex campaign, although Heir said some of the stuff was stand-in's still.

Armies can still march through the Fortress Gates seemingly, and the High Elves diplomacy is still...peculiar, with even Tyrion being unfriendly.

Blood Voyage armies are God-awful to deal with even when comprised of naff units, they must be an absolute terror when comprised of good ones, it'll be interesting to see how balanced they are.

There are still Quest Items that are dependent on missions, like the Moonstaff and Heart of Avelorn, in Alarielle's case the Shield of Isha is dependent on taking the Phoenix Gate.
    Shield Stone* of Isha. How dare you get the name wrongish. The Everqueen will hear of this.

Shield Stone* of Isha. How dare you get the name wrongish. The Everqueen will hear of this.

The Everqueen will keep her trap shut, or I'll inform the Phoenix King of who his daughter's daddy is!

For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • Otters007Otters007 Registered Users Posts: 1,552
    The fortress gate bug is an absolute joke. What the hell is the point of them if enemies can just waltz right through them?
  • RattusXIIIRattusXIII Registered Users Posts: 205
    Otters007 said:

The fortress gate bug is an absolute joke. What the hell is the point of them if enemies can just waltz right through them?

If its a bug, then its not a feature. This is why the DLC isn't out yet to the public.

Otters007 said:

If its a bug, then its not a feature. This is why the DLC isn't out yet to the public.
    Been in the game since the beginning. CA have never said to the best of my knowledge whether it's meant to be happening or not.

Beginning to think it's like the wounded LL "bug", something for some reason they can't fix. Or perhaps it's for gameplay reasons and they didn't want inner Ulthuan to be made practically impenetrable right from the start.
  • RikRiorik#9890RikRiorik#9890 Registered Users Posts: 12,001
    edited May 2018
    The Gate thing is down to sieges disabling the zone of control like for any settlement in game. Which doesn't make sense since the gate is supposed to block of the mountain pass. Unless you think of it blocking off a main mountain pass and acting as a bastion to control the lesser passes that you can negate by sieging the garrison who can no longer patrol the passes.

But ultimately this is an improved (or even worse if you will) effect as any other terrain feature in game being totally negated by the various "Underway" stances on offer.

Managed to see the whole thing. I didn't think I'd be impressed by Alarielle but she looks right up my Alley to with the way I prefer to play it. She can't buff the Forests Spirits in her Red Line skills, just like Arkhan can't buff the VC units which is disappointing. But at least she had some of her personal skills that could buff some of them slightly which Arkhan doesn't,
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • Blaeys#7037Blaeys#7037 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,383
    RikRiorik said:

Managed to see the whole thing. I didn't think I'd be impressed by Alarielle but she looks right up my Alley to with the way I prefer to play it. She can't buff the Forests Spirits in her Red Line skills, just like Arkhan can't buff the VC units which is disappointing. But at least she had some of her personal skills that could buff some of them slightly which Arkhan doesn't,

I actually prefer it this way. It lets the Wood Elves retain their title as masters of the forest denizens while still adding some flavor to the new faction.
    Arsenic said:

Otters007 said:

Been in the game since the beginning. CA have never said to the best of my knowledge whether it's meant to be happening or not.

Beginning to think it's like the wounded LL "bug", something for some reason they can't fix. Or perhaps it's for gameplay reasons and they didn't want inner Ulthuan to be made practically impenetrable right from the start.
    That is in line with your negativity of late
    edited May 2018
    Blaeys said:

RikRiorik said:

I actually prefer it this way. It lets the Wood Elves retain their title as masters of the forest denizens while still adding some flavor to the new faction.
    For sure if it was given out to all of that factions armies. But just for the Legendary Lord's army I think would be nice. Maybe not as much for Alarielle because her selection of units is a bit better than Arkhan's where he only has one out of four units that can be decent without any buffing but where the rest can be safely ditched after a relatively short time.

Still she could actually buff some of them (maybe all of them) a little bit with an armour buff I think, maybe something more I don't remember.

Cobblers.

I'm one of the more reasonable people here, and make very sure I'm neither unduly negative nor blinkered by fanboyism.

Arsenic said:

Otters007 said:

I think someone posted a mod to at least be able to respecc aquired Lords, legendary or not.
    edited May 2018
    Arsenic said:

Cobblers.

I'm one of the more reasonable people here, and make very sure I'm neither unduly negative nor blinkered by fanboyism.

I might have missed some, but I have to say your signature image has become a bit of an instant-sigh when it comes to being Rude toward CA's employee.

I see now though that the issue mentioned isn't about the gates so much as about sieges removing the zone of control. At least its something that you can decide not too exploit as a player, and hope the AI will not do accidentally.

I might have missed some, but I have to say your signature image has become a bit of an instant-sigh when it comes to being Rude toward CA's employee.

Am not entirely sure how you've got that impression, have usually defended the likes of Grace and Whelan when they get it in the neck from the community over real or imagined slights for much the same reason I don't agree with yelling at call centre staff or being rude to waiters; there's no point shooting the messenger.

The recent livestream is the only thing I can imagine you're thinking of, where I said Guy plays about as well as my dead granny, and I would have thought it quite clear I wasn't being entirely serious. Even then I said you could enjoy the stream as two friends playing a game, but it was a bit awful regarding showcasing gameplay.

• Bies#4376Bies#4376 Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,725
    Now the other guys are posting videos

• Otters007Otters007 Registered Users Posts: 1,552
    RikRiorik said:

She can't buff the Forests Spirits in her Red Line skills, just like Arkhan can't buff the VC units which is disappointing. But at least she had some of her personal skills that could buff some of them slightly which Arkhan doesn't,

She can't buff them via her red line skill tree, but she can still buff her forest spirts units by +9 melee attack and +10 armour via another skill tree (the 2nd highest one).
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 3,055
    Arsenic said:

Am not entirely sure how you've got that impression, have usually defended the likes of Grace and Whelan when they get it in the neck from the community over real or imagined slights for much the same reason I don't agree with yelling at call centre staff or being rude to waiters; there's no point shooting the messenger.

The recent livestream is the only thing I can imagine you're thinking of, where I said Guy plays about as well as my dead granny, and I would have thought it quite clear I wasn't being entirely serious. Even then I said you could enjoy the stream as two friends playing a game, but it was a bit awful regarding showcasing gameplay.

He's confusing you with someone else.
    Otters007 said:

RikRiorik said:

She can't buff the Forests Spirits in her Red Line skills, just like Arkhan can't buff the VC units which is disappointing. But at least she had some of her personal skills that could buff some of them slightly which Arkhan doesn't,

She can't buff them via her red line skill tree, but she can still buff her forest spirts units by +9 melee attack and +10 armour via another skill tree (the 2nd highest one).
    Was it all of them or just Dryads? I don't remember? Also did you miss the second sentence of the quote :smile: ?
  • FinishingLast#1402FinishingLast#1402 Registered Users Posts: 4,856
    Arsenic said:

Otters007 said:

As far as the wounded LL “bug”, CA has said that it’s working as intended. Something to do with the new immortality skill for regular lords making the factions have too many on confederation. There’s still no reason they couldn’t just have it work with LL only and not regular lords, but that’s what they’ve said. To my knowledge they’ve never addressed the sphere of influence not working when seiged and that’s been there since game 1.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."