Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SSAO has tire tread issue again in almost all battle maps

ThaneMurthor12ThaneMurthor12 Registered Users Posts: 490
edited June 2018 in Performance & Graphics
Build : v1.40 7243.1386140 (modded)

I spotted an issue with the SSAO, don't get me wrong, the SSAO is VASTLY improved, but the tire tread issue in the SSAO is back, this issue was last around when the game first launched, but now it has returned.

to reproduce, simply play a desert map or snow map, preferably the deep desert maps or snow maps that have alot of trees in it . and look off into the distance in the area between the ground and the horizon, and you should see tire tread SSAO issues. and this is for spotting them easily, I have found them on almost every other maps that are above ground.

the only solution to this issue is to turn off the SSAO, but the game looks ugly without it, so you guys need to tweak the SSAO again for the next patch or hot-fix patch.

Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

"In the centuries I have been the High King, our enemies have thought us weak, cowards hiding in the deepest, darkest places. Heh, fools! Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, etched in blood! Clan Gurnisson! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman! The Urks must pay, Let them come..."

"One wrong put right, yet the Great Book of Grudges...remains full..."

- High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer.

Post edited by ThaneMurthor12 on

Comments

• ThaneMurthor12ThaneMurthor12 Registered Users Posts: 490
    edited June 2018
    Got some more pictures to show as evidence.

its hard to see with just pictures, so the best way to notice it is to play a battle on snow, desert, and maps where the lighting is bright and yet there are shadows in alot of places, and move the camera around while looking at the center of the screen.

I hope there is a hot-fix for this soon. because now that I see this bug, I always notice it and its annoying.
    Post edited by ThaneMurthor12 on
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

"In the centuries I have been the High King, our enemies have thought us weak, cowards hiding in the deepest, darkest places. Heh, fools! Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, etched in blood! Clan Gurnisson! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman! The Urks must pay, Let them come..."

Another good example here.

Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

More examples, this one was a doozy

Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

• CA_HamishCA_Hamish Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, SEGA Posts: 131
    Hi @ThaneMurthor12

Thank you for providing all the information above, we are aware of this issue and currently working on a suitable fix.

CA_Hamish
    CA_Hamish said:

Hi @ThaneMurthor12

Thank you for providing all the information above, we are aware of this issue and currently working on a suitable fix.

CA_Hamish

Thank you so much for the reply, and I thank the CA team for their work and diligence as well.
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

Beta patch still has the tire treads in the SSAO.
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

What gives? you said that there was a fix in the works and yet the patch arrived and still no fix! :/
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file