Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Skaven ambushes while besieging their settlements

sccrboi01sccrboi01 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 339
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
Seriously they need to either disable the ability for the besieged Skaven to initiate an ambush battle or adjust it..... I am sick and tired in my current campaign of having them besieged in their settlements while they also have an army present and attacking me and its an ambush battle....

I don't know why for the love of God I am instantly marching in some narrow pass when I was in actuality sitting outside their decrepit settlement. It makes zero sense in its current iteration. If you still want to allow them to ambush then put the defender in some kind of encampment or something along those lines and have them surrounded. That makes loads more sense then having my army marching somewhere when it wasn't! God its just so frustrating!! Please tell me people agree???
Most peoples' response to Rome II expansion...."Please Sir may I have some more"......

My Massagetae, battered and bloody, but undefeated in the field! True masters of battle :)! Masters of campaigning on the other hand, unfortunately not.......:(
Tagged:

Comments

• Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,110
    If they could get a new map for it that'd be ideal, and ideally more Skaven ambush maps period as the current ones aren't advantageous enough for them for my liking. They should definitely keep it though.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• Nitros14#7973Nitros14#7973 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,897
    edited June 2018
    Skaven are already one of the weakest campaign races, this is one of their biggest strengths.

If you want to remove ambush on attack Skaven would need heavy compensation.
  • epic_159733007811cHJwei4epic_159733007811cHJwei4 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,549
    It's extremely loreful though and honestly in keeping with the skaven themes in general. It's not like they're crazy hard to fight in the campaign either.

New map variations though would be cool.
  • cool_ladcool_lad Senior Member IndiaRegistered Users Posts: 2,278

It's extremely loreful though and honestly in keeping with the skaven themes in general. It's not like they're crazy hard to fight in the campaign either.

New map variations though would be cool.

How is an ambush that makes no actual sense loreful and in keeping with the Skaven theme?

The fact that they stay hidden most of the time is loreful, the fact that they come in massive numbers is loreful; being able to magically ambush stationary armies is just plain nonsensical.

It's an ability that makes less sense the more you look at it; the Skaven have already been buffed, and while I'd like to see more of them in the campaign, the ambush on attack is just plain unbalanced and OP, actually reducing the strategic play on the campaign map and making the game annoying in the long run.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    Gotta side with the OP on this. Besieged armies should not be able to ambush the besiegers like it's a battle anywhere else on the map. The besiegers are not going to be marching in circles in some far off valley for fun while they wait for the battle. It defies all logic even for a game.
  • MrdocTyrMrdocTyr Registered Users Posts: 2
    This may be one hell of an old discussion, but oh damn I ragequited so fast.

I agree that ambush is one of the skaven traits it should be there. Ofc.

But;

If you as an attacker are sieging their settlement with 3 armies, they are surrounded.
    They have one army in the settlement and the garrison.

Why in the hell are they able to ambush from that.

Ofc a sneacky way out like Aragorn and Gimli did in the battle of Helms Deep.
    But not the frickin whole Garrions too, thats just way to OP.

There is no way for you as an attacker to actually win then?
    I mean ofc attack direktly and not take advantage of building the towers and a ram.
    Why there hell are they even there as a choice if you're not even gonna be able to use em.

Nope I cant find a single good thing about them being able to ambush out from an besieged settlement.

if it was another army from outside. SURE! I can buy that. Thats just clever if you can managed a pincer attack like that.

BUT THAT IS NOT HOW IT WENT! THATS NOT FRICKIN FAIR AND IM RLY SAD, cuz I lost my campaign like that.
    I can try again from an earlier save, but how fun is that... ''When you tried to actaully plan your actions''

Had no clue skaven could do that. Now I know, and I wont ever try to besiege skaven ever again.
    Not feeling like playing the game at all if thats how its going to be ^^

Well rant over, thanks for reading.

TLDR; Im mad, skaven ambushed = I lost.
This discussion has been closed.