Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Those intro cinematics!

AgandorAgandor Posts: 20Registered Users
Hey CA, having a blast with your sequel to TWW1 so far, Dwarfs and Empire are still my favorite factions tough, despite all the new ones. But I do have a small gripe that I discovered today when starting up a new Dwarf campaign in Mortal Empires. There's no intro cinematic! These were fun to watch in the first game, and even tough I used to skip them in later campaigns, it was still good to have the option to watch them if I wanted to.

I don't think too many players would have a problem if you put them back into Mortal Empires, as a small click on ESC skips it altogether if you're not interested in watching them over again. So please CA, patch these cinematics back into this new installment, they were such good little watches, with great voice acting from the Narrator! Alright, I made my case, have a good day everyone at CA and fans here on the forums!

Comments

• TRexTRex Posts: 358Registered Users
    Yes, quite. The intro videos are literally the best bit, i could scarcely believe they've removed them.

That bloody vortex campaign, so much to answer for. I never even played it once.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,316Registered Users
    Guarantee you someone would complain about storage space or bandwidth usage on the download.
  • AgandorAgandor Posts: 20Registered Users
    edited June 2018
    Itharus said:

Guarantee you someone would complain about storage space or bandwidth usage on the download.

True, there might always be some, but I can hardly imagine those 6 to 8 (i think) cinematics would take up the most space on the TWW2 install. There might be a good reason CA left them out of this expansion, but I like to think they just forgot, seems the more positive alternative, means they can still change their minds if enough fans want it.
  • SherShahSuriSherShahSuri Junior Member Posts: 1,109Registered Users
    Agree with the OP

GIVE BACK INTROS CA!
  • Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Posts: 1,635Registered Users
    edited June 2018
    TRex said:

Yes, quite. The intro videos are literally the best bit, i could scarcely believe they've removed them.

That bloody vortex campaign, so much to answer for. I never even played it once.

Your loss. The Vortex Campaign is a ton of fun. I think I've done the Vortex now as Malekith, Morathi, Teclis, Tyrion and Queek. Good times.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Posts: 1,844Registered Users
    Nitros14 said:

TRex said:

Your loss. The Vortex Campaign is a ton of fun. I think I've done the Vortex now as Malekith, Morathi, Teclis, Tyrion and Queek. Good times.
    ^^Agreed! If you play the Vortex once and decide you don't like it, fine. To each their own. But I think at least one play through is warranted.

Imo, it's actually a better campaign experience than Mortal Empires the first time. It does suffer from a lack of replayabiliy. So Mortal Empires currently wins most of my play time these days. But I don't regret my Vortex playthroughs at all. Totally worth a shot imo.
  • kitekazekitekaze Posts: 266Registered Users
    In addition to OP movie, I also want to select the title bgm. The first one with grim dark theme was way better.
    Nitros14 said:

TRex said:

For some people, no favourite faction = zero fun.
  • PocmanPocman Posts: 2,382Registered Users
    The Vortex is objectively badly designed. If you enjoy it, lucky you, but its design flaws are obvious. Just to list a few:

- Huge amount of water which means the games forces you to use annoying mechanics like intervention armies, which have no real chance of avoiding the completion of the ritual and end being a waste of moneny most times.
    - No naval battles in a map that is mostly water.
    - Promotes a defensive playstyle and turtling.
    - Based on a mechanic that you can simply ignore, but that your enemies can't.

• Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,503Registered Users
    Well said. OP.

And also, ending cinematics.

What ever happened to proper victory cutscenes, like the ones in Shogun 2 or Empire? Granted, there wasn't a huge amount of variation of them between the various factions, but they were really awesome, and a hell of a lot better than a popup window saying "You Won!". It seems really anticlimactic for a game and series about huge, epic battles, and conquering an empire.
  • AltarielAltariel Posts: 145Registered Users
    edited June 2018

Agree with the OP

GIVE BACK INTROS CA!

I love the intros!!! I miss it

Well said. OP.

And also, ending cinematics.

What ever happened to proper victory cutscenes, like the ones in Shogun 2 or Empire? Granted, there wasn't a huge amount of variation of them between the various factions, but they were really awesome, and a hell of a lot better than a popup window saying "You Won!". It seems really anticlimactic for a game and series about huge, epic battles, and conquering an empire.

OH yeah we really need a ending cinematic
  • FenrirGreatWolfFenrirGreatWolf Posts: 6Registered Users
    Still waiting in 2019 :D