Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What the Teams are Working On June 2018

CA_EllaCA_Ella Posts: 298Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team
edited June 2018 in News and Announcements

The Total War teams have been very busy with some very exciting stuff in the time since we last updated you, and with E3 on the horizon you can be sure there’s plenty to look forward to.

Check out the June 2018 edition of What the Teams are Working On here: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-june-2018

Comments

• Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    Really looking forward to some Three Kingdoms news and new content for Rome 2!
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,056Registered Users
    Dark places? Chaos waste?
  • SuliotSuliot Senior Member Posts: 653Registered Users
    Cool stuff, looking forward towards E3, where I hope we will finally get to see Three kingdoms gameplay.
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Posts: 1,121Registered Users
    What about the the lizardman and skaven Lord pack what happened to them?
  • ThaneMurthor12ThaneMurthor12 Posts: 490Registered Users
    edited June 2018
    I hope the warhammer 2 hotfix will include the fix to the tire tread bug in the SSAO
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

"In the centuries I have been the High King, our enemies have thought us weak, cowards hiding in the deepest, darkest places. Heh, fools! Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, etched in blood! Clan Gurnisson! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman! The Urks must pay, Let them come..."

"One wrong put right, yet the Great Book of Grudges...remains full..."

- High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer.

• NeoYasNeoYas Posts: 550Registered Users
    Great news! I knew you were working on a campaign pack for WII, I suspect It's Araby, we will see.

And thanks for this update.

• the_real_weedthe_real_weed Member Posts: 229Registered Users
    free feature update for Rome 2 = Family Tree management?
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Posts: 730Registered Users

What about the the lizardman and skaven Lord pack what happened to them?

Can we get an answer on this please?

The lord packs are small content and waiting another 6-8 months for the lizardmen/Skaven one is just silly. Especially since they were one after the other for wh1

• lilsweetcaligulalilsweetcaligula Posts: 241Registered Users
    More content for Rome II? Awesome!
    My personal favorite Total War games chart:
    I. Napoleon
    II. Attila
    III. Rome II
  • ZanatisZanatis Posts: 39Registered Users
    Please tell me the Rome 2 campaign will cover what most of us love, ancient Rome and Greece?
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Posts: 730Registered Users
    An easier question to answer CA, is the campaign pack the next DLC for Warhammer 2 ?

Or have you just started working on it and it's actually the lord pack next.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,209Registered Users
    Nothing about Attila? :'( :'( :'(
  • Ice_creamIce_cream Posts: 669Registered Users
    edited June 2018
    LestaT said:

Dark places? Chaos waste?

Dark place... Dark Lands... mmm.

@RockNRolla92 their plans for TWW1 were alternate between Lord Packs and Campaign Packs, they simply couldn't deliver the second CP in time, so they switched priorities and put the LP fordward.
    Post edited by Ice_cream on
  • GreymeneGreymene Posts: 19Registered Users
    Depending on how far north and east CA wants to take the 3rd game, it will be the goblin-infested eastern side of the World Edge Mountains, the Dark Lands which are crawling with greenskins, Chaos Dwarfs and monsters of all kind, the poisoned and ghoul-infested Desolation of Nagash, the haunted Plain of Bones, the Ogre kingdoms of the Mountains of Mourn, the Hobgoblin- and Marauder-infested Eastern Steppe and of course the demonic Chaos Wastes themselves. Pretty grim and dark places all of them.

Most of those places will be almost completely un-habitable for normal humans, dwarfs and elves. I think the “good” races will have a hard time winning in the 3rd game.

For the second game: No more major races left to put in the existing maps, according to lore at least, but definitely possible to make new factions of the races who are already there, such as Dogs of Wars/southern human nations (Tilea, stalia, Border Princes, maybe even Araby), Kislev, more of the big Skaven clans (Skryre, Eshin, Moulder), another Norscan faction (maybe Skaelings, their faction leader Egil Styrbjorn is pretty big in lore), Undead (Strigoi Empire, Lahminans, Nechracts), etc.
  • Sughdian WarriorSughdian Warrior Senior Member Posts: 187Registered Users
    Keep up the good work on Rome 2 guys. Can't wait to see what more you have in store.
  • mrpopcornbmrpopcornb Posts: 29Registered Users
    Well, we can safely say that CA has buried any effort in making quality historical content. Just look at the reviews and reception Empire Divided and ToB has got. Which is bound to happen when you dont put any effort or resources in anymore when you're too busy making WH3 and DLC.

Have standards CA. Either make decent games (not weak, faulty reskins), or don't make them. Have at least the balls to admit that historical content, for many the reason we have been playing this series for over 15years, is no prority anymore. Don't rip off people who stayed with you for 15y (even after the shoddy exploits like Empire and Rome 2)

• McWimpyMcWimpy Posts: 5Registered Users
    hi dear TW crew!

i am anxious and curious about what is the next fantasy game! is there any chance you will be making a Game Of Thrones TW Edition? (Near or far future, doesn't matter.) How big are the odds that it will happen at all, what's the probability for sooner / later? When will the next update about 'what fantasy team is currently doing (preproduction)' be?

kindest regards and love from Austria
    M.N.
  • AxelradAxelrad Senior Member Posts: 629Registered Users
    I can't believe we've gotten so much Three Kingdoms news so fast. Now I'm excited to see what the new Rome 2 campaign is. Hoping beyond hope we get an announcement of it at E3 too.
  • Torgir98Torgir98 Posts: 7Registered Users
    Cant wait for the Rome 2 news.
  • Donofwar3Donofwar3 Posts: 62Registered Users
    Any news on rome 2 is good. That the bottom line. New mechanics system in game play or redoing the camping map are all Plus for those who played Rome 2. Well I'm looking forward in what the next campaign pack will cover and the new mechanics. I'm hopping a better grand campaing map. With more control political and power mechanic. Personally I like the idea assigning governer's to Regents. Rather the game do that for me. keep up the the support and thank you.
  • BenjinBenjin Junior Member Posts: 249Registered Users
    I'm really looking forward to the new campaign DLC + Free-LC mechanics for ROME 2!

Currently working on a whole lot more, stay tuned.
  • mcar110mcar110 Member United KingdomPosts: 398Registered Users
    @CA_Ella how soon is ‘very soon’ for info on the Rome II Free LC and the campaign pack? Can we expect news this week?
  • Donofwar3Donofwar3 Posts: 62Registered Users
    Like I'm married to total war. Like come on you got me straight trippen.
    Same here. Mars, aid us!
    I. Napoleon
    II. Attila
    III. Rome II
  • InocybeInocybe Posts: 144Registered Users
    Syracuse need its wall in the Rome 2 grand campaign ! It's the only change i'm waiting for.
  • Torgir98Torgir98 Posts: 7Registered Users
    I have an idea to improve the pikemen in Rome2.
    1. Increase unit size
    2. Decrease Pike damage
    3. The pikemen start the battle with pikes equipped.
    I cant wait for the Rome 2 news. Anything is welcomed. My favourite Total war game by far.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,209Registered Users
    Torgir98 said:

I have an idea to improve the pikemen in Rome2.
    1. Increase unit size
    2. Decrease Pike damage
    3. The pikemen start the battle with pikes equipped.
    I cant wait for the Rome 2 news. Anything is welcomed. My favourite Total war game by far.

It should be on Rome 2 sub forum.
    I strongly agree that pikes must be looked at.
    Yes, please fix the pikemen if at all possible...
    I. Napoleon
    II. Attila
    III. Rome II
  • TyphoonBlazeTyphoonBlaze Posts: 64Registered Users
    Torgir98 said:
    can we get normal unit size i mean like. i like your mod does but it increases unit size of pike thats what i dont want can you remove the unit size mod