Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Has this ever happened to you?

RohanSaskRohanSask Posts: 3Registered Users
edited June 10 in Total War: SHOGUN 2
So there I am late in the game, conquering the final provinces of Japan, all the while leaving a few enemies out there to amuse myself while I consolidate power. The rebels pop up here and there, my remaining enemies occasionally take a swing at me, but nothing really challenges me at this point; it's smooth sailing from here on out.

Then the Date throw an army at my most powerful citadel filled with exclusively monk and hero units. The date army is a laughable force comprised of mostly ashigaru, bow and spearmen, so instead of pressing auto resolve, I decide to fight it out to watch my hero units in action.

To say the least it's a short fight. The ashigaru are quickly broken and running scared, but for some reason the game hasn't thrown up the decisive victory screen. I look all over the place but can't seem to figure out why the conflict isn't ending. Then I notice than my general unit is losing men. I move back to the castle and notice that the Date general unit has scaled the walls and killed off almost every general unit I have.

My general unit is quickly wiped out, and there's just a single guy left, the Date general, in the main circle, so I start throwing monk and hero units at the guy. Not just regular units, mind you, but superior moral, improved armor, and in some cases improved weapons units on each.

And I watch in horror as he starts killing every one of them.

Nothing can stop this guy. The Date general carves up every last one of my monk units, so then I start attacking him with hero units, in some cases charging him from a distance. No matter. He beats every guy I have, and then, finally, the battle is over. The Date general has single-handedly killed off more than 300 men of my elite army.

And I'm sitting there shocked, in stunned defeat, and in total awe of the Date general. And as the battle screen resolves, I'm muttering expletives, vowing to send in my 6 star geisha to finish him off.

But here's the thing. When I move in my geisha, the guy's gone. Just disappeared. The castle is filled with the standard retainers. No general in sight.

So i look all over the remaining provinces for him, but in vain. The guy's a ghost; nowhere to be found.

Has this ever happened to you?

Post edited by RohanSask on

Comments

• wil07012wil07012 Junior Member Posts: 74Registered Users
    There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
  • RohanSaskRohanSask Posts: 3Registered Users
    That really seems to be the long and short of it. At first I was hesitant to even mention it, but thought some might enjoy hearing the story. I still get the feeling it's either a practical joke put in there by designers, or a famous Date general I seem to remember reading about when I was younger but have since forgotten. My Japanese wife thinks it's the latter, but can't remember the name of the guy, either.