Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Karak Eight Peaks

SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Registered Users Posts: 571
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
Does anyone know if they ever fixed the issue with Karak Eight Peaks not being you're capital if you capture it as Belegar? I wanted to start a campaign with him after the new update but I haven't been able to find anything on wether or not they fixed that problem. It was extremely frustrating to capture Karak Eight Peaks and then not be able to trade with anyone because your capital was still Karak Izor.

*Edited for typos*

Comments

• PetromirPetromir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,157
    Not heard about them making it move, but in ME would the lack of regional occupation render the trade part less of an issue?
  • SubjectEighteenSubjectEighteen Registered Users Posts: 571
    It would, but only if you attack factions that would better serve as allies. Its not the biggest issue, just a minor frustration and a little immersion breaking for Belegar to not move his capital to the place his entire campaign revolves around.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,655
    If you capture the new Sartosa would that add a sea route at least?

Not sure if it is likely to leave Tilean hands though. Havent played much since the newest DLC.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,232
    That would be nice, just to feel like you accomplished something huge, and the same for skarsnik please.
  • PilthoidPilthoid Registered Users Posts: 287
    If you were to lose your original capital then wouldn't 8 Peaks become your new one? I'm not sure how the game adjudicates that. Maybe it would default to the next powerful capital you own?
  • kgmikgmi Registered Users Posts: 92
    Vlad has the same issue, when you capture Drakenhof and later Altdorf, those cities should become his capital, at least as an option.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,643
    Remember back in the day when the further away from your capital settlements were, the more unrest they took; and back then you could relocate your capital?

I swear sometimes that Medieval 1 was potentially the most complicated Total War actually made -- and it predates the fancy 3D map with movement ranges and what not!
  • TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    Itharus said:

Remember back in the day when the further away from your capital settlements were, the more unrest they took; and back then you could relocate your capital?

I swear sometimes that Medieval 1 was potentially the most complicated Total War actually made -- and it predates the fancy 3D map with movement ranges and what not!

Considering Med1 didn't discourage you from spamming once you could and had the hilariously broken individual tax bar to make sure this moment came early...no, it wasn't complicated at al. It had some nifty mechanics, but it wasn't a gut-bustingly hard game.
    I swear Ephraim, you are like my personal nemesis on these forums sometimes.
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,310
    Itharus said:

I swear Ephraim, you are like my personal nemesis on these forums sometimes.

He just likes picking fights. He'll argue any position just to feel superior
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165
    Itharus said:

Shogun I to Empire was a steady increase in complexity.

Not all of the features transitioned forwards, but each was still complicated. Shogun II, while amazing, didn't iterate on Empire's complexity, and Rome II onwards went backwards.
    Oh, Rome 2 has tips AND quotes. Just checked the other day.