Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ladder REstart?

gildagriffongildagriffon Registered Users Posts: 153
maybe restart MP ladder every 1-3 months? like all others games do? Dota, starcraft, warcraft..and many more

Comments

• JackasstropjeJackasstropje Registered Users Posts: 6
    Hey shoot I just played you. I'm pretty new to multiplayer, but damn you have a hard lizardmen counter. Usually solar engines can stop phoenix guard but I wasn't expecting two dragons to disrupt and breath down my units. Should of went with two carnosaurs
  • gildagriffongildagriffon Registered Users Posts: 153

Hey shoot I just played you. I'm pretty new to multiplayer, but damn you have a hard lizardmen counter. Usually solar engines can stop phoenix guard but I wasn't expecting two dragons to disrupt and breath down my units. Should of went with two carnosaurs

60-70%its about pick, i knew you would not risk to bring Carnosaurs (lords and heroes on them too) vs he, so i countered that by playing without archers at all and you got no chance :) also phoenix guard has nothing to do with Victory, result would be same if instead of phoenix i would brought 6 lions of chrace its dragons and lifemage that won, specially Lifemage :smiley:
    ALso, climbing on ladder is extremely hard now, i win most of my games but after 130-150 place you climb very slow every win only brings you +1 increase in ladder and when you lose you drop about 10-15 and its impossible for anyone to get 100% win rate, thats why i suggest laddder restart every month or once in 3 months :) its good for begginers and also for pros, so they can test their skill again.
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 3,374
    edited June 11
    ladder should reset every 3 months with a tournament to give meaning to the ladder, if there is no meaning to it there is no need for reset. If there is no tourney than ladder should only reset after patch otherwise there is no point to resets.

Getting to top 50 is fast, but progressing from top 20 to top 3 takes long time. My 1st account has near 95+% win rate and is 3rd now where as my 2nd account has about 90+% win rate and is 24 or so.

ladder should reset every 3 months with a tournament to give meaning to the ladder, if there is no meaning to it there is no need for reset. If there is no tourney than ladder should only reset after patch otherwise there is no point to resets.

Getting to top 50 is fast, but progressing from top 20 to top 3 takes long time.

im telling you, every win gives me 1 or 2 ladder climb, when i lose, i lose 10-15 and this starts after 150 place.

also, why ladder restart has to depend on tournament?

every competitive game restatrs their ladder, Dota 2 for example restart it every 6 months, stacraft 2 does it every 3 i think..
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 3,374

Getting to top 50 is fast, but progressing from top 20 to top 3 takes long time.

im telling you, every win gives me 1 or 2 ladder climb, when i lose, i lose 10-15 and this starts after 150 place.

also, why ladder restart has to depend on tournament?

every competitive game restatrs their ladder, Dota 2 for example restart it every 6 months, stacraft 2 does it every 3 i think..
    i get 30 wins in a row and gain no position on the ladder, also if you win vs higher ranked players you gain more points and if you loose to low ranked players u end up loosing lots points, key is not to lose to low rank players.

Because why reset if there is no reason for it? other games have reason for reset such as season and you get rewards for finishing high, if they make the ladder better than they can give rewards and have seasons and ladder resets, rite now resets are pointless because there is no reward for the ladder.
  • ElectorOfWurttembergElectorOfWurttemberg Registered Users Posts: 998
    been saying this for months, seasonal resets would be nice
    What are you, some kind of... FANBOY
  • kenjigreatkenjigreat Registered Users Posts: 384

maybe restart MP ladder every 1-3 months? like all others games do? Dota, starcraft, warcraft..and many more

It's so easy to climb the ladder.

I say this as someone who sucks and lost to everyone because I'm lazy as fc with micro.

When someone who barely plays this game can reach top 200 with lack of practice playing only one faction. You know this game is busted.

What it actually needs is a higher player count. Resetting the ladder won't do anything because most people quite before they get 10 wins.
  • CrazyeightCrazyeight Registered Users Posts: 323
    Ladder sucks so much that there is not even a reason to restart it, it is useless like foot fungus especially if you face up against cheeser like lutus m0un. Do your own ladder, for more fun output but the game is not competitive playable anymore just for fun, balance out of control.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file