Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Archmages? + New High elf mages need a visual update

StarkiStarki Posts: 12Registered Users
High Elves are now the only WH2 without mage lords and they don't seem like something hard to implement compared to most of the stuff we get in the game. Would love some Archmages with Greater Arcane Conduit to really show High elves and Lizards are the big magic users of the game.

Also the new mage of shadows and heavens are using the mage of life model. If making new models for them is too much, at least change the glow on the staff... a mage of shadows with green life magic radiating from the end of her staff just looks silly.

Comments

• SudoKnightlyNonsenseSudoKnightlyNonsense Posts: 1,818Registered Users
    I'd like the Archmage as well, make it DLC dependent if need be: since the Dark Elves are getting an extra treat for Q&C.
  • GeldorGeldor Posts: 1,115Registered Users
    I just made thread about missing Archmages a few days ago, and totally agree, it's strange that the HE are the only faction without non-LL caster lords out of the WH2 races.

Especially in light of the Vortex campaign, and a Loremaster faction. Archmages were also a popular lord pick on the TT, so I think many HE players who are coming from the TT would also like to see them.

And I also think they should be relatively easy to implement, as CA now already has figured out what to do with caster lords. They basically could copy-past what they did for the Supreme Sorceress (add GAC, some other advantages to the mage), and provide AM with Eagles and Sun Dragons as a mount options. The model would be very similar to the mage model they already have.

I really wonder why they haven't implemented them yet. It's not like CA ignored the magic aspect of the HE. They received a "magic" army stance, campaign bonuses etc.

I hope they have something in mind for them (implement them along with the Dragon Mage for example), instead of just not making them available.

Good point about the glow on the mage staff, that should be also relatively easy to implement, and would look much better.
  • SzemisSzemis Posts: 104Registered Users
    The copy paste models for the new elf hero mages was a tiny bit disappointing. I always liked checking out the little differences in the mages.
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Posts: 364Registered Users
    About Dragon Mage, I'm not really familiar with the TT but what if Mages got the ability to mount a Dragon, which would change their title to Dragon Mages instead of regular Mages?
  • GeldorGeldor Posts: 1,115Registered Users
    MiniaAr said:

About Dragon Mage, I'm not really familiar with the TT but what if Mages got the ability to mount a Dragon, which would change their title to Dragon Mages instead of regular Mages?

On the TT, the Dragon Mage meant a specific Mage (could only chose spells from the lore of fire) riding a dragon. The normal hero mage could not use a dragon as a mount. The Dragon Mage could never be on foot or with any other mount.

As the magic system is different to the TT, basically CA could do two things with the Dragon Mage: They could offer the Sun Dragon as a mount option for HE fire mages if/once they become playable. Or they could implement them as a single non-hero unit (mage & dragon together, and the mage only having some fire abilities).
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,532Registered Users, Moderators
    edited June 2018
    Make only fire mages able to mount dragons. Boom. Done.

Obviously only if/when they're playable.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • SilferSilfer Posts: 417Registered Users
    Starki said:

High Elves are now the only WH2 without mage lords and they don't seem like something hard to implement compared to most of the stuff we get in the game. Would love some Archmages with Greater Arcane Conduit to really show High elves and Lizards are the big magic users of the game.

Also the new mage of shadows and heavens are using the mage of life model. If making new models for them is too much, at least change the glow on the staff... a mage of shadows with green life magic radiating from the end of her staff just looks silly.

Mage lords appear in one artwork of high elves, where tyrion is rizing his sword, teclis is behind and other mages lords are behing teclis, swordmasters of hoeth are on their left side(right side of the art)
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 6,015Registered Users
    There is no better way to introduce Dragon Mages than by making them come out alongside Imrik LL and playable Caledor. Of course RoR dragons should follow. Ideal moment to let dragons speak.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Posts: 3,232Registered Users
    Canuovea said:

Make only fire mages able to mount dragons. Boom. Done.

Obviously only if/when they're playable.

Agreed. If Empire Amber Wizards can ride Griffons while the other battle wizards are limited to Pegasi, then HE fire mages should be able to mount Sun Dragons. An interesting tidbit though is that HE Archmages could mount all 3 dragon types in TT.
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

• ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USAPosts: 5,559Registered Users
    What about making the Dragon Mage a single model unit with bound spells on a Sun Dragon instead of making it a hero unit?
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me