Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Three Questions by a NOOB

Akat19145Akat19145 Posts: 2Registered Users
edited June 22 in Napoleon: Total War
1. Which difficulty is the most realistic one? I mean, if I play normal will I be close to real experiences of Napoleon? Or Very Hard means Realistic?

2. Why Piedmont gives access to Austrian army in Italian campaign? Can I prevent it? If I can't, what is the point of playing Italy campaign when you have no chance to play in Very Hard? (They give access to Austria everytime. Even if protectorate.)

3.Why autoresolving is a very good example of how AI sucks?

Comments

• SangPhamSangPham Posts: 10Registered Users
    As a newbie in this game, i can't answer (1). But in your second question, in my way, first of all, I gave Piedmont money and gifts for free to change my relationship with Piedmont from "indifferent" to "very friendly", then I just convinced Piedmont to declare war with Austria in the "relation" panel, and I give them tons of money exchange for that.
    And in the third question, I only use autoresolving if the ratio goes about 70(me)/30(enemy) in the ratio bar. If not, you have to control by yourself cuz' AI only rely on the ratio bar to decide who wins, how many soldiers lost in the battlefield, etc... And AI always tries to be as fair as possible so autoresolving battles are kinda bland because there aren't any special tactics to over the enemy.That's why you should engage in more battles to gain some of your own signature tactics and ways to win, and some good experiences.
    *My way to win the battle is trying to kill the general of general's staff asap