Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The 32 settlement Mortal Empires trigger for Chaos invasion takes WAY too long!

Sage_of_SalemSage_of_Salem Posts: 8Registered Users
In ALL of my Mortal Empires campaign, I have not triggered the Chaos invasion ONCE.

The 32 settlement requirement is ridiculous! If I conquered that much of the world map, why would I want to bother with the Chaos invasion at that point? What's the incentive here?

And why does Chaos only have ONE starting position on the Mortal Empires map? This faction is outdated as the Empire faction.

I am very disappointed in Creative Assembly's failure to properly to keep the Old World factions up-to-date.

Comments

• daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,158Registered Users
    Where did you get the figure of 32 settlements? Especially if you never actually triggered it?

What's your criteria of up to date?

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • Sage_of_SalemSage_of_Salem Posts: 8Registered Users
    daelin4 said:

Where did you get the figure of 32 settlements? Especially if you never actually triggered it?

Online Total War Internet posts say 32-36 settlements to trigger the Chaos invasion. I have not seen any other Chaos trigger.

I want to emphasize that both Chaos and Empire factions are UNIQUE races but only have ONE starting location. All of my campaigns using these unique races are nearly identical. If I wanted to play with Chaos or Empire armies and mechanics, I can only do so from ONE starting location.

Give Chaos and Empire an update already!
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,158Registered Users

Online Total War Internet posts say 32-36 settlements to trigger the Chaos invasion. I have not seen any other Chaos trigger.

Maybe because these internet posts are wrong?

I want to emphasize that both Chaos and Empire factions are UNIQUE races but only have ONE starting location. All of my campaigns using these unique races are nearly identical. If I wanted to play with Chaos or Empire armies and mechanics, I can only do so from ONE starting location.

So your idea of updated races are ones where you start in different locations?

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 17,587Registered Users
    edited June 2018

In ALL of my Mortal Empires campaign, I have not triggered the Chaos invasion ONCE.

The 32 settlement requirement is ridiculous! If I conquered that much of the world map, why would I want to bother with the Chaos invasion at that point? What's the incentive here?

And why does Chaos only have ONE starting position on the Mortal Empires map? This faction is outdated as the Empire faction.

I am very disappointed in Creative Assembly's failure to properly to keep the Old World factions up-to-date.

That's been changed now two patches ago, with the Resurgence update. Chaos is on a timer again and invades at a certain turn whether you own the required number of settlements or not.

Save your outrage for present issues, not past ones. Also, read the patch notes.

• Sage_of_SalemSage_of_Salem Posts: 8Registered Users
    edited June 2018
    daelin4 said:

So your idea of updated races are ones where you start in different locations?

Empire is also missing a few noteworthy units like the Imperial Dragon, archers, huntsmen, and the Celestial Hurricanum:

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/7yg9vv/comprehensive_list_of_missing_units_from_the_tw/?st=jiw94myu&sh=a217d8c1

Every detail counts!

That's been changed now two patches ago, with the Resurgence update. Chaos is on a timer again and invades at a certain turn whether you own the required number of settlements or not.

Save your outrage for present issues, not past ones. Also, read the patch notes.

I do read the patch notes but how am I suppose to know what "Imperium level" is?

Anyways, my other complains are still valid.
  • 4uk4ata4uk4ata Posts: 872Registered Users
    I'm not sure the Imperial Dragon counts as "iconic" - yes, it is one of Karl Franz's unique mounts, but no other character has it (Elspeth has access to a Carmine dragon, not quite the same thing). But yes, the Empire should get a serious update soon, and a few extra units and a LL - it never got a FLC lord, unlike every other core faction - would not go amiss at all.

Chaos could use a serious retouching as well, though I expect CA to do it with or just prior to game 3.

Land is Kislev, Kislev is Land! We are Kislev!

Proud Elspeth von Draken partisan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file