Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

User Info Required[Coop Campaign] Game desyncs when Morathi attacks Ironspike

JochonJochon Registered Users Posts: 32
edited June 2018 in Multiplayer Bugs
I'm playing a multiplayer campaign with a friend on Legendary (no mods). I'm playing Clan Pestilens and he's playing the Cult of Pleasure. The game desyncs us every time Morathi attacks the Ss'ildra Tor controlled Ironspike settlement in the Titan Peaks province and plays the battle. It does not occur when we auto resolve it (though that causes him devastating losses, of course).

This bug has been consistent. We've exited the game and tried again several times as the losses from an auto resolve slow down his momentum too much before Alith Anar's (overpowered) army arrives. I think we tried to play that battle four or five times before we gave up (the game desynced us immediately after the loading screen) and made a new game, but the same bug happened when he reached Ironspike again.
Post edited by Shieldhero90 on

Comments

• Shieldhero90Shieldhero90 Creative Assembly Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,036
    edited June 2018
    Hi @Jochon

If the game has been desync'ing for you in battle then would it be possible for you to provide us with a battle_replay or autosave.replay file as well. Alongside these specific files could you provide your save game for before this occurring and modified log also.

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • JochonJochon Registered Users Posts: 32
    It would be possible yes, but I don't want to ask my friend if he wants to start a campaign just for the sake of recreating the desync.

It doesn't happen during the battle, it happens directly after we have both finished loading the battle map (during what would normally be the army setup phase).

• Shieldhero90Shieldhero90 Creative Assembly Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,036
    Hi @Jochon

So is there any possibility of you and your friend having a save file of this occurring during the original gameplay time, also providing us with your modified logs still

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    I have all the save files where it occurred, yes, but I don't know if they'll have anything recorded. When it desyncs us it throw us out of the game and that puts us back to the turn before we try attacking Ironspike, so it doesn't actually get to save our attack on Ironspike (except for when we auto resolve it, but then it doesn't desync).

Unless you need the file to see what happens before we make the attempt? Please let me know what to do and how to do it and I'll try my best to accommodate you :smile:
    Hi @Jochon

The reason behind needing the Save file is that it allows us to go back and investigate the issue (desync) to attempt to reproduce it :smile: Also alongside that we'd require both your modified logs as well.

When attempting to upload file's please attach them using the "paper icon" in the comment toolbar above. If you have issues attaching please compress the files into a .rar or .zip file.

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

edited June 2018
    I have no idea what a "modified log" is, though. You're overestimating my technical knowledge here, Nate :#

Let me know exactly where to find these logs and what to do with them once I find them and I'll send them to ya ;)
    Hey @Jochon

No worries, if you follow the hyperlink below this will guide you on how to find many of the files we require for investigation, including the modified log file :smile:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/202015/read-this-before-posting#latest

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Here's a file with the modified log, the auto save file of our latest attempt, and a screenshot of the desync itself :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file