Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

When CA tells me that they have 2 different teams but still WH2 DLC/FLC won't come shortly~

Comments

• EnforestEnforest Posts: 2,096Registered Users
    edited June 2018

Y'all realize people get swapped from team to team to meet schedule right?
    >

I like what pathetic lies can the apologists come up with just to make community look bad for everything CA do, when in fact CA have stated exactly that they "don't do that":

Post edited by dge1 on

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,227Registered Users
    It's just a total coincidence that 3K is delayed the exact length of time Norsca took to fix.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 17,251Registered Users
    edited June 2018
    Enforest said:

Y'all realize people get swapped from team to team to meet schedule right?

I like what pathetic lies can the apologists come up with just to make community look bad for everything CA do, when in fact CA have stated exactly that they "don't do that":

Is there need for such vitriolic language? Really.

It's quite depressing. R.I.P civility.
    Post edited by dge1 on
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Posts: 1,335Registered Users
    MrMecH said:

Gotrek meme will continue until community destroyed.

Enforest said:

:D Nirvana-stic!

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
    - Gilead's Blood: 8/10
    - Riders of the Dead: 9/10
    - Empire in Chaos: 9/10
    - Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
    - Mark of Heresy: 7/10
    - G&F: Trollslayer: 6.5/10
    - G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
    - G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
    - G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
    - G&F: Beastslayer: 8.5/10
    - G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
    - G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
    - The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade vol. one: 8.5/10
    - Drachenfels: 6.5/10
    - Genevìeve Undead: 7.5/10
    - Silver Nails: 9.5/10
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Posts: 2,735Registered Users
    edited June 2018
    Oh noes! It's 28 days since the last DLC was published and we have no new release today

Enforest said:

Racepack = WoC, Beastmen, Woodies, Norsca, TK
    Lord pack = Rival DLC aka grim&Grave, King&Warlord, Queen&Crone
    Campaign pack = What the hell are those supposed to be? Are we now making DLCs up to complain they did not happen yet?

------Red Dox
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,464Registered Users
    Red_Dox said:

Oh noes! It's 28 days since the last DLC was published and we have no new release today

Campaign pack = What the hell are those supposed to be? Are we now making DLCs up to complain they did not happen yet?

------Red Dox

Campaign packs are the name for the big race DLC, like TK with 4 LL's, switch the former mini-campaign for additional 2 LL's, while race packs have only 2 LL's.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Posts: 2,735Registered Users
    edited June 2018
    SiWI said:

Red_Dox said:

------Red Dox

Campaign packs are the name for the big race DLC, like TK with 4 LL's, switch the former mini-campaign for additional 2 LL's, while race packs have only 2 LL's.
    Sounds like a stupid distinction since game#1 then never had any campaign packs to begin with, so expecting them for game#2 sounds rubbish. I assume it was not CA who came up with this. And the picture then expects 4 races extra for game#2? Rofl.

-----Red Dox
  • EnforestEnforest Posts: 2,096Registered Users
    Red_Dox said:

SiWI said:

Red_Dox said:

------Red Dox

Sounds like a stupid distinction since game#1 then never had any campaign packs to begin with, so expecting them for game#2 sounds rubbish. I assume it was not CA who came up with this. And the picture then expects 4 races extra for game#2? Rofl.

-----Red Dox
    https://totalwarwarhammer.gamepedia.com/Downloadable_Content

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • uriakuriak Posts: 3,421Registered Users
    Honestly, even if the post made me smile, two things can be true at the same time

- there is a communication issue, and large post launch support ongoing issue
    - asking for specific dates for new content and counting points about winning and losing factions is raw entitlement

If only there was a reality where bugfix and updating patches were separated from new content releases... *sheds a tear*

Anyway, all considered, when you realise part of the community actively wants to shaft other games and projects (and I for one do believe TW3 would benefit from a lukewarm success of 3K ), you can't deny we have arrived at a low point.
    Red_Dox said:

SiWI said:

Red_Dox said:

------Red Dox

-----Red Dox
    WE and BM are technically campaign packs, race dlc with a mini campaign.

Thou I agree that the name isn't most helpful.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,414Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    A couple of posts removed. Please cut out the personal sniping and focus on the topic.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,785Registered Users
    Enforest said:

Ah, forgot "vintagepurple" was very respectful and civic, am I right? There is a saying in my native language, which is usially translated like this: "Why do you look at the speck of dust in your brother's eye when you have a plank in your own?"

It's a Bible quote, the parable of the Mote and the Beam.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 3,354Registered Users
    I play the historical titles to and I do not want them to go away even if I'm more interested in Total War Warhamme.

However, I do think they are still playing fast and loose with team counts and Warhammer II is getting a bit of a shaft as it's just a crossroads game.
  • baronblackbaronblack Posts: 3,202Registered Users

You guys would fit in well if this were a Taleworlds forums waiting for Mount & Blade Bannerlord...

The wait for Bannerlord is nothing in comparison...
    Please. I'm a Kingdom Hearts fan. That's the real waiting. 14 years for KH3...
  • khyronkhyron Posts: 172Registered Users
    Well the two teams soon to be one once the big team is fully moved onto Warhammer 3. Leaving us with the smaller game maintenance team. With luck the maintenance team will fix the reinforcements bug and send the notes along to the Warhammer 3 team so they can not break it again with the first update to Warhammer 3.
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 2,326Registered Users
    Is the two teams thing really so hard to believe? It's just that things are scheduled so that the releases don't overlap, because that screws with sales.
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,785Registered Users
    Sephlock said:

Is the two teams thing really so hard to believe? It's just that things are scheduled so that the releases don't overlap, because that screws with sales.

It's possible.

But I think people have a hard time believing in two entirely separate teams when Norsca took so very long at a time when Thrones of Britannia was being released, and work on Three Kingdoms ( due next year) somehow precludes Warhammer content within the next few months.

Doesn't really sound like two separate teams in the way I'd understand it.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 5,176Registered Users
    And that's why I generally dislike big developers communication strategy. If CA was a smallish studio they would have simply said "well folks, Warhammer 2 performed below our expectations so new content production will be scaled down. Sorry about that.". Which is exactly what happened.
  • uriakuriak Posts: 3,421Registered Users
    The new content team is not very large and probably covers exactly most required posts (designers, artists, coders, etc)

I don't think there is a downsizing. Just consider Norsca 2 as newly done race pack with the addition of LP done in the same interval. At least coders/ data wise, it's true the assets and rules were already done.
    But a delaying is certain to have taken place.

Some resources are likely to be shared, though, it would be hasardous to start duplicating too much in a single studio.

As a customer, I'm not unhappy with content so far, but miffed at their polishing. This has delayed a lot my enjoyment of the second game (which could explain the first point, of course, had I played dozens of campaigns I would be waiting for more)
    Xenos7 said:

And that's why I generally dislike big developers communication strategy. If CA was a smallish studio they would have simply said "well folks, Warhammer 2 performed below our expectations so new content production will be scaled down. Sorry about that.". Which is exactly what happened.

so you claim.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,227Registered Users
    uriak said:

The new content team is not very large and probably covers exactly most required posts (designers, artists, coders, etc)

I don't think there is a downsizing. Just consider Norsca 2 as newly done race pack with the addition of LP done in the same interval. At least coders/ data wise, it's true the assets and rules were already done.
    But a delaying is certain to have taken place.

Some resources are likely to be shared, though, it would be hasardous to start duplicating too much in a single studio.

As a customer, I'm not unhappy with content so far, but miffed at their polishing. This has delayed a lot my enjoyment of the second game (which could explain the first point, of course, had I played dozens of campaigns I would be waiting for more)

I do not believe it took CA longer to add Norsca to WH:2 than to make them in the first place.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • CountTalabeclandCountTalabecland Posts: 225Registered Users
    This is so true. I'm convinced that the multi-team thing was just a weak attempt to shut up all the historical fans blowing up their social media every day about how TW forgot historical titles.

Also would be stoked for Getrekt Gurnisson to be added to Dwarfs or Empire. Along with that manling too.
    SiWI said:

Xenos7 said:

so you claim.
    Just look at peak players on Steam compared to Warhammer 1. Then look at the drastically reduced amount of content compared to Warhammer 1.
    Xenos7 said:

SiWI said:

Xenos7 said:

so you claim.
    Just look at peak players on Steam compared to Warhammer 1. Then look at the drastically reduced amount of content compared to Warhammer 1.
    "drastically reduce contend".

We have right now 1 "Campaign pack" and 1 LP.

We know we get 1 more campaign pack and pretty much know we get another LP as well.

Makes it 2 Campaign packs and 2 LPs, at the very least.

WH 1 has 2 campaign packs (WE and BM), 2 LP and 2 race packs (WoC and Norsca).

Even if after the LP and after the Campaign Pack comes no further DLC for WH2, which we have no evidence for, that would make at best a lack of 2 smaller race dlc.

(not counting Blood dlc since that applies to both games anyway)

So even if we assume the worst case, that WH 2 only get 2 more DLC (the old FLC chart suggest more btw), where excatly is the suppsoe "drastically reduce contend"?

It takes longer this time around sure, through norsca complication and the fact that every DLC has now 2 campaign to apply to. But how can you maintain such claim? Especially since we simply don't know the end.

IF araby comes, as race DLC, then the difference between the 2 is 1 race pack. If it is even a campaign pack, then Wh 2 has more DLC defactor.

Any further dlc and WH 2 has more then Wh1.

• NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 3,354Registered Users
    Let's have a little perspective here. WH2 is still one of CAs best selling titles even if less than one.
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 2,326Registered Users
    Arsenic said:

But I think people have a hard time believing in two entirely separate teams when Norsca took so very long at a time when Thrones of Britannia was being released, and work on Three Kingdoms ( due next year) somehow precludes Warhammer content within the next few months.

Isn't it a bit more likely that they delayed it because they didn't want Norsca to hit at the same time as ToB, and likewise don't want Warhammer 2 DLC to steal the thunder of 3K?

I get that a lot of people are only interested in WH2 (I'm one of them), but it doesn't seem unlikely that a marketing person would think that way.
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • NemoxNemox Posts: 2,708Registered Users
    Sephlock said:

Arsenic said:

Isn't it a bit more likely that they delayed it because they didn't want Norsca to hit at the same time as ToB, and likewise don't want Warhammer 2 DLC to steal the thunder of 3K?

I get that a lot of people are only interested in WH2 (I'm one of them), but it doesn't seem unlikely that a marketing person would think that way.
    They knew Norsca would be around May since last year. Thrones release was changed from April to May, putting it closer to clashing with Norsca...

I don't think they are separating them for marketing at all.
  • baronblackbaronblack Posts: 3,202Registered Users
    edited June 2018
    In fact I don't despise the developing teams at all. What I despise of CA is their marketing team, probably ushered by Sega corporative shenaningans, that seems to have total control in the development process, like it's them to decide what to put on hold and what to release or posticipate.
    And after all, the community always blame to the development teams, even when they try hard to deliver new content, because the marketing team is so obscure that it's barely even known.
    Having multiple release in a single month is not unknown in video games, especially the FLCs, which sometimes are relegated to a secondary patch instead of being released all along DLCs.
    I don't get why CA can do this too, they would have to resolve less bugs per time, and still a lot to deliver. By Warhammer 3 this model won't work anymore. The game would be so huge that would be impossible to have a recount of possible problems (especially with the mega campaign coming up) and so in the end, impossible to fix in the long term. The more the patches expand the game, the more difficult is to recollect everything for WH3, so bugs like the Reinforcements one, will surely still happen if the patches system won't change.

Imagine if the Old World Part of the campaign is still bugged as hell, but the content team and the balancing team cannot syncronize the efforts for fixing, then you will have a huge clusterflock of bugs for a long time.
    SiWI said:

Xenos7 said:

SiWI said:

Xenos7 said:

so you claim.

We know we get 1 more campaign pack and pretty much know we get another LP as well.

Even if after the LP and after the Campaign Pack comes no further DLC for WH2, which we have no evidence for, that would make at best a lack of 2 smaller race dlc.

So even if we assume the worst case, that WH 2 only get 2 more DLC (the old FLC chart suggest more btw), where excatly is the suppsoe "drastically reduce contend"?

It takes longer this time around sure, through norsca complication and the fact that every DLC has now 2 campaign to apply to. But how can you maintain such claim? Especially since we simply don't know the end.

IF araby comes, as race DLC, then the difference between the 2 is 1 race pack. If it is even a campaign pack, then Wh 2 has more DLC defactor.

Well, mate, what can I say. You're an optimist. I, myself, think the writing on the wall is clear enough by now.
    Xenos7 said:

SiWI said:

Xenos7 said:

SiWI said:

Xenos7 said:

so you claim.

Well, mate, what can I say. You're an optimist. I, myself, think the writing on the wall is clear enough by now.
    that doesn't even remotely answer how you can maintain the claim that WH2 has supposedly "drastically reduce contend".

Given that you don't attempt to defend it, I assume you admit that that claim is wrong.