Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Limited Unit Selection - All Ashigaru Campaign

RohanSaskRohanSask Posts: 3Registered Users
So I'm playing Oda for the first time and noticing that the ashigaru units have better moral and melee than their regular counterparts. They're also cheap to recruit and maintain, so I hit on the funny idea of an all ashigaru campaign; I won't play anything except ashigaru spear and bow units.

The first 10 to 15 years are a bit hit and miss, but with some economic development across the board, I'm somewhat ready for Realm Divide when it comes at 13 provinces (a bit earlier than I'm used to, but I attribute this to early gains).

Since I have a decent bottleneck to the east and the west to defend, things aren't that hairy, and it's about five more years til I'm up to 25 territories. Then I finally take Kyoto and become Shogun.

As this campaign unfolds, I am looking at different things than simply worrying about recruitment, and enjoying the game a lot more than I have in the past. Don't get me wrong, I love the variety of unit selection and what goes into it, but playing Oda in this way allowed me to breathe a bit easier and absorb different aspects of the game as a result.

Have any of you tried anything like this?

Comments

• Cash41Cash41 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I had found Oda to be just as you described it. It has become my go to game for the most pleasure.
  • guineawolfguineawolf Junior Member Posts: 192Registered Users
    after pretty income flow in,i decide to recruit some expensive units like kisho ninja and no dachi samurai for some fun.....using kisho ninja to blow enemies up before they get into melee is a fun ,.....this is my 3rd Oda campaign oredi.....

loss as Uesugi coz strategies mistake(choosing to attacking a far target rather than attack a close target let enemy have time to recruit enough troops to hold off my invasion,then get overwhelm by Takeda....)
    THERE IS NO CRIME IN WAR!!! EXCEPT THE WAR ITSELF IS A CRIME!!!!!
    WAR IS SWEET TO THOSE WHO NEVER EXPERIENCE IT!!!EXCEPT EXPERIENCING WAR IN """TOTAL WAR"""?????
  • luther84695luther84695 Member Posts: 429Registered Users
    Even if I don't play Oda, my game strategy mainly involves using a stack of 1 Lord and 19 Yari Ashigaru. It's cheap and fast. Bow ashigarus are not needed. Morale is an issue so you need to find ways to buff morale.