Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SSAO improved? I think not.

ThaneMurthor12ThaneMurthor12 Registered Users Posts: 490
edited July 2018 in Performance & Graphics
Build : v1.4.1
7450.1400824 (modded)

The SSAO is horrible in my last battle nearly the empire map is covered in the SSAO bugs, basically lines or tire treads appear when I have SSAO turned on, I turned it off and while that takes away the lines it causes the game to appear entirely flat and without substance in the shadows department.

Also around the edges of units and objects, there is a white glow effect almost like an encasing shell of light that only appears when a unit or object is within a shadowed area, this only happens in above ground battles, underground battles do not have this issue.

And last, there is still the black static effects that you guys at CA said you reduced to where its not as noticeable, I beg to differ here because in my battle I can clearly see it.

I also included the replay of the battle so you can see for yourselves how terrible it is graphically.

Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

"In the centuries I have been the High King, our enemies have thought us weak, cowards hiding in the deepest, darkest places. Heh, fools! Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, etched in blood! Clan Gurnisson! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman! The Urks must pay, Let them come..."

"One wrong put right, yet the Great Book of Grudges...remains full..."

- High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer.

Comments

• GleichgewichtGleichgewicht Registered Users Posts: 29
    edited July 2018
    Is it really SSAO? Since some days it got worse for me, even with SSAO and Sharpening disabled.

Look at the inits in water textures, they are outlined again.

• ThaneMurthor12ThaneMurthor12 Registered Users Posts: 490
    Yes its SSAO for me, because when I turn my SSAO off, the lines in the shadowed areas of the battlefield go away.
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

"In the centuries I have been the High King, our enemies have thought us weak, cowards hiding in the deepest, darkest places. Heh, fools! Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, etched in blood! Clan Gurnisson! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman! The Urks must pay, Let them come..."

"One wrong put right, yet the Great Book of Grudges...remains full..."

- High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file