Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressHard Screen Freeze with Buzzing sound on battles

natethegreat1112natethegreat1112 Junior MemberPosts: 102Registered Users
edited July 2018 in Crashes
hello all,
i've been experiencing hard screen freezes with a loud buzzing sound during battles. i have completely removed the data folder and reloaded all new data from the servers on steam and verified content as the forum says to do.

Its still hangs on the last frame with the loud buzzing sound..its the last sound that the game is making and holds that as a buzzing sound.

Any ideas are appreciated. I have only had one hard freeze frame crash on campaign .

thanks

ed
Fear is wisdom in the face of danger.
Post edited by CA_Nate on

Comments

• CA_NateCA_Nate Creative Assembly Posts: 1,036Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hi @natethegreat1112

When this crash occurred would it be possible that a Minidump crash file was generated, this can be located in the appdata folder for WH2. If this is the case could you please post here. Though even if you do/ don't find the file could you also please provide us with your:

DXdiag,
    Preferences Script,
    Modified Log

If you are having any issues finding these files, please refer to the link below:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/202015/read-this-before-posting#latest

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate3
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • natethegreat1112natethegreat1112 Junior Member Posts: 102Registered Users
    thank you. the modified script is 0k and would not attach. there is no current minidump file. the last minidump is from 6 months ago.
    All I can say is that my son had mods turned on at some point during the month i've played intermittently and then i turned them off once he alerted me to that fact. we have done a clean install but maybe there is mod data in the saved games that is perpetuating the freeze during battles. the crash has occurred multiple times now in the campaign as well since posting. i had the game work wondrously for 1 hour and 27 minutes the other day after the reinstall...then it did the freeze crash again.
    thank you for taking the time to address this.
    sincerely
    ed walther
    Here is the first windows error code that has surfaced...i let the machine buzz until this arrived on screen.
    I have a large windows memory dump. screen shot attached...but still no WH2 minimdmp.

• CA_NateCA_Nate Creative Assembly Posts: 1,036Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hi @NateTheGreat4995

Thank you for providing us with the above files, we've now passed this along to QA for further investigation.

Kind regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Did a complete lobotomy of warhammer 2 and threw out and deleted everything that was realted to the install.
    reinstalled clean...no mods...new campaign start....8 turns into it and a longer battle...hard freeze with buzzing sound and last frame of the game frozen.

im clueless in more ways than i can count.

its only warhammer 2 that freezes like this...warhammer playes fine....rome 2 playes flawlessly
    no minidump created and no crash log...ive included modigfied log...its 0k in size
    reinstalled....completely clean. 37 turns into the campaign had a hard freeze and the system said it was a whea_uncorrectable error...updated windows.

played for several more turns with avg off and whea again in campaign mode.

Whea_uncorrectable error is what happens every time there is a crash. only has happened since the install of the crone DLC
    Hi @natethegreat1112

After investigating it seems to be a hardware error code which appears on the blue screen, for "whea_uncorrectable" errors please follow the link below, which might be able to help you.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4028662/windows-how-to-fix-wheauncorrectableerror

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Its related to the asus motherboard displaying code 40 when windows 10 is in fast startup mode in power settings....turn off fast start up and the motherboard will start in A0 code...fixed. Used to error out with a hard freeze of the screen and after a restart the mother board would display the A0 codem on the board readout.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file