Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end...

CA_EllaCA_Ella Posts: 129Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, SuperAdmin, Community Team

Comments

• Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 668Registered Users
    Get your tinfoil hats on, lads!
  • lilsweetcaligulalilsweetcaligula Posts: 240Registered Users
    edited July 11

Get your tinfoil hats on, lads!

I got mine on. Kappa.jpeg

P.S. What tree is that?
    My personal favorite Total War games chart:
    I. Rome II
    II. Attila
    III. Rome I
  • mcar110mcar110 Member United KingdomPosts: 371Registered Users
  • mahboi1mahboi1 Member Posts: 538Registered Users
    edited July 11
    oh ok
    Post edited by mahboi1 on
    For Sigmar, Karl Franz, and The Empire!
  • the_real_weedthe_real_weed Member Posts: 201Registered Users
    Is it a hint for a Family Tree?
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Posts: 301Registered Users
    Is this supposed to be the major FLC update mentioned in the blog. If it is the DLC I just hope it's release is over and done with, then we get more gaps for WH2 DLC to be announced.

Is it a hint for a Family Tree?

I didn't even think of that! It definitely fits with the video and the quote.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 7,634Registered Users
    edited July 11
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...

It might be Byzantine.
    jamreal18 said:

It might be Byzantine.

Byzantine would be more suited to Attila's time frame.
    edited July 11

jamreal18 said:

It might be Byzantine.

Byzantine would be more suited to Attila's time frame.
    You are right!

I just thought about the hint. Yeah it would be awkward to put Byzantine into Rome.

What might it be?
  • InocybeInocybe Posts: 112Registered Users
    Maximus DLC announced !
  • MarcusIuniusBrutusMarcusIuniusBrutus Senior Member GermanyPosts: 1,696Registered Users
    Beginning: Founding of Rome by the Kings ( 753 BC)

New Beginning: Expulsion of the Kings, Birth of the Republic
  • InocybeInocybe Posts: 112Registered Users
    Another theory.

These words are lyrics from the song "Closing time" by Semisonic.
    This song is notably interpreted by the hillarious Stanley and Andy from the NBC series The Office (US).
    A quick bing (or google if you insist) research with the key words "Stanley" and "Rome" and...

I found this guy in the first page, Stanley Roman, which is an indian bishop.
    They are going to add India in the grand campaign., I'm 100% sure.
  • tak22tak22 Senior Member Posts: 2,333Registered Users
    That's definitely desert. On the R2 map, then, that means North Africa/Egypt/Middle East. Presuming after HatG and Desert Kingdoms that it's not more in North Africa, Egypt/Middle East would suggest Alexander/Successors or maybe 'Rise of Parthia.' A setting that captured a good bit of the Successors conflict and the emergence of Parthia, with maybe Rome arriving as a late-game challenge, could be a lot of fun. And a lot of ends/beginnings ...
  • lilsweetcaligulalilsweetcaligula Posts: 240Registered Users
    mahboi1 said:

oh ok

When in Rome... :wink:
    My personal favorite Total War games chart:
    I. Rome II
    II. Attila
    III. Rome I
  • ZanatisZanatis Posts: 35Registered Users
    edited July 11
    That's the end of the Etruscan hegemony in Italy and the beginning of Rome, as well as the beginning of Carthage as a Mediterranean superpower, so Italy + North Africa confirmed. That means we'll have Sicily, Sardinia, and Corsica too.

Just how further East the map will go is the question. Including the Balkans and Greece would make this DLC the best so far.

I also think the campagin will start around 540 BC during the Battle of Alalia where the Etrusco-Carthagianin coalition defeated the Phocaean Greeks (founders of Massalia) off the coast of Corsica.
  • BenjinBenjin Junior Member Posts: 236Registered Users
    edited July 11
    That tree has definitely got to be symbolic of a "Family Tree" system as part of the FLC beta - it has been one of the most requested features to the political system since the game was released. CA know this already (as highlighted by the interview back in November in the Power & Politics interview, where it was mentioned), so it would be insanely cruel if it turned out to not be true.

I also think that this was the main purpose of making the female character FLC first as part of Desert Kingdom's release - it was working towards implementing the family system that we'll most likely be getting.

Currently working on a whole lot more, stay tuned.
  • mcar110mcar110 Member United KingdomPosts: 371Registered Users
    edited July 11
    tak22 said:

That's definitely desert. On the R2 map, then, that means North Africa/Egypt/Middle East. Presuming after HatG and Desert Kingdoms that it's not more in North Africa, Egypt/Middle East would suggest Alexander/Successors or maybe 'Rise of Parthia.' A setting that captured a good bit of the Successors conflict and the emergence of Parthia, with maybe Rome arriving as a late-game challenge, could be a lot of fun. And a lot of ends/beginnings ...

The emergence of Parthia is a great suggestion. Perhaps the time period focused on would be the Seleucid-Parthian Wars?
    Benjin said:

That tree has definitely got to be symbolic of a "Family Tree" system as part of the FLC beta - it has been one of the most requested features to the political system since the game was released. CA know this already (as highlighted by the interview back in November in the Power & Politics interview, where it was mentioned), so it would be insanely cruel if it turned out to not be true.

I also think that this was the main purpose of making the female character FLC first as part of Desert Kingdom's release - it was working towards implementing the family system that we'll most likely be getting.

Yeah, that's a pretty solid theory.
  • billydillybillydilly Member Posts: 131Registered Users
    Excited!! 12th is tomorrow!!!
    CPU: i5-4690. RAM: 32Gb. SSDs: Kingston 120Gb (System) and Samsung EVO 500Gb (Steam). GPU: GTX 1070 (8Gb), PSU: Corsair CX600W.
  • huntermrghuntermrg Junior Member Posts: 86Registered Users
    I just pray to the all mighty that this time they will deliver us a good CAI that will give us all a challenge in mid and late game.
  • cool_ladcool_lad Senior Member IndiaPosts: 1,690Registered Users
    Benjin said:

Honestly, I think that the current system is a better representative of political factions than family trees; especially since families weren't necessarily the basis for political factions.

Family trees would only work for monarchies and even there they're limit the uses for external factions and characters. The current system allows for multiple competing factions and for politics to have a tangible relationship with the overall game (something I think can be expanded upon); so family trees at this point would perhaps be a step backwards rather than forwards.
  • billydillybillydilly Member Posts: 131Registered Users
    edited July 11
    Google says it's a quote from Seneca (c. 4 BC – A.D. 65). He wrote several tragedies with greek themes, for example "Agamemnon".
    Post edited by billydilly on
    CPU: i5-4690. RAM: 32Gb. SSDs: Kingston 120Gb (System) and Samsung EVO 500Gb (Steam). GPU: GTX 1070 (8Gb), PSU: Corsair CX600W.
  • cool_ladcool_lad Senior Member IndiaPosts: 1,690Registered Users
    Could this be a reference to the Trojan War; the mythical founding of Rome by the Trojan hero Aeneas? The beginning that came from an end.
  • Jedidias1Jedidias1 Posts: 39Registered Users
    That is an olive tree, it may hint to Greece and all the region of Judea and around, Middle East. It grows in desert like climates too. In addition to the commentary, it is a general clue to a Successors War DLC. The kingdoms of the Successors Begun after "the end of the beggining¨ of Alexander.
  • tak22tak22 Senior Member Posts: 2,333Registered Users
    mcar110 said:

tak22 said:

The emergence of Parthia is a great suggestion. Perhaps the time period focused on would be the Seleucid-Parthian Wars?
    I've been trying to figure out a good timeline - the thing is, I think they'd like to keep the DLC campaign to probably 50 years (4 TPY) or even shorter, and much as I'd like to write Rome out of it or leave them as an end-game threat, I doubt they wouldn't be playable. 'How far will you go for Rome' tends to reinforce this - even if it is recycled from initial promotions of the game. But to go from the first Seleucid defeat at the hands of Rome to Carrhae is far too long a time span for a DLC, and getting things down to a shorter period means sacrificing either the successor states as viable players on the map, or else an appropriate time span to 'go far' for Rome (i.e., into Parthian territory). So I could well be wrong.

But I do hope for something on the eastern half of the map.
  • BenjinBenjin Junior Member Posts: 236Registered Users
    edited July 11
    cool_lad said:

Benjin said:

Honestly, I think that the current system is a better representative of political factions than family trees; especially since families weren't necessarily the basis for political factions.

Family trees would only work for monarchies and even there they're limit the uses for external factions and characters. The current system allows for multiple competing factions and for politics to have a tangible relationship with the overall game (something I think can be expanded upon); so family trees at this point would perhaps be a step backwards rather than forwards.
    I don't think they'll be ditching all of the work they've done on the existing political system with Power & Politics to suddenly replace it all with something totally different.

Rather than replacing the existing faction political system - which I agree is pretty good now (but not perfect) - I think they'll try to combine the best of both; family trees could add some extra depth to the currently existing political parties through handling how new characters emerge within parties (e.g. natural birth), heir management, marriages with specific characters from other parties, individual character loyalties etc. We'll just have to see how it's implemented if it does turn out to be true.

Currently working on a whole lot more, stay tuned.
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Senior Member Posts: 2,324Registered Users
    Benjin said:

cool_lad said:

Benjin said:

I don't think they'll be ditching all of the work they've done on the existing political system with Power & Politics to suddenly replace it all with something totally different.

Rather than replacing the existing faction political system - which I agree is pretty good now (but not perfect) - I think they'll try to combine the best of both; family trees could add some extra depth to the currently existing political parties through handling how new characters emerge within parties (e.g. natural birth), heir management, marriages with specific characters from other parties, individual character loyalties etc. We'll just have to see how it's implemented if it does turn out to be true.
    I didn't think of any of that. I just figured it was going to be a visual representation of the people in your faction. Now I'm getting excited
    Team Mercia

Team Picts

Team WRE
  • MarcusIuniusBrutusMarcusIuniusBrutus Senior Member GermanyPosts: 1,696Registered Users
    Anyone an idea, what the falling "snowflakes" in the teaser could mean?
    Announcement Trailer today?