Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Official Ancestral Update issues thread

Comments

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,592
    Maybe it's been mentioned, but I'll toss this here cuz I don't feel like reading everything, lol:

Awesomium_Process and the Total War Launcher!

So... one of Rome 2's day 1 bugs is BACK IN BUSINESS! The launcher and that process get stuck "on", even after you exit the game. You have to manually go kill all the awesomium processes and the launcher in the task manager. What effect is this having? It's eating up resources and giving you "play time" on your steam counter that's not actually play time.... just how I got my first 90 hours in Rome 2 back in the day <3

That said, while it's amusing -- please stomp this bug (for the 15th time?) so that when you exit Rome 2... you really exit Rome 2 :)

Thanks for the patch! It's awesome.
  • lilsweetcaligulalilsweetcaligula Registered Users Posts: 285
    edited July 2018
    I can confirm this issue as well.

And I can also confirm that the patch is awesome, too. :)

P.S.
    Does anyone else find it annoying that cavalry units during naval invasions now spawn on land, being separated from the rest of the army which is mounting the naval assault?

Personally, it seemed to me more reasonable to handicap the mounted units to fight as infantry, when they were seaborne, as long as they spawned with the rest of the army.

Currently, I often have situations wherein a single general's cavalry bodyguard is spawned miles away on land, separated from the rest of the seaborne army. This unit usually ends up being intercepted and mauled by the enemy unless you micro-manage it to re-unite with the army.

This becomes tedious, since often, you do not have the time to micro-manage it. That, or you simply forget about the mechanic just to realize, much to your chagrin, that your general has been killed while you were busy taking out those towers.
    My personal favorite Total War games chart:
    I. Attila
    II. Rome II
    III. Napoleon
  • BoicoteBoicote Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 650
    I married one of my daughters with a member of a rival party. After that, I got +6 loyalty bonus with that party.
    Later, I decided to adopt this character as a member of my family and I was successful. However, I still get the +6 loyalty bonus.
    This is unfair because his Gravita belongs now to my party and I still have a loyalty bonus with a rival party.
  • WOBUHUIAWOBUHUIA Registered Users Posts: 10

So,why does a barbarian general could learn a Caesar'ability---loyalty of the 10th???
    Pls fix it.
  • StarcrusherStarcrusher Registered Users Posts: 1
    I really liked this beta, but one thing that really bothers me, even before the beta release, is the public order. I remember when I used to play Rome II way before Empire Divided, the public order was way more challenging, now it's too positive. This isn't just historically inaccurate, it also makes the campaign too quick and boring. I began my grand campaign on normal as romans and the public level was 0 +19, and the only public order building there was a shrine. I miss when I used to struggle more to keep the public order good. It was better when I played a campaign then went to conquer someone and then had to keep my armies there to keep the public order high while I romanized and built public order buildings. It made the campaign more challenging, slower and way more fun. Now it's just a nonstop conquest with little resistence after defeating the armies.

Caesar didn't conquer Gaul without dealing with numerous rebellions.
    Britannia was not conquered without rebellions.
    Hispannia was not conquered without a lot of rebellions.

This is how it was in history and this is how it should be in the game.
  • Octavius_5Octavius_5 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 280
    Following up again on agent upgrade issues. I see at least several dozen new agent effect lines in the character_skill_level_to_effects_junctions table that should apply to the parent army and only a handful of them are actually using the right effect scope to target the parent army instead of the agent (I didn't do an exact count). I don't know how all the new effects are supposed to work, but it does seem like a very large number of them need to have the effect_scope updated.

In addition, I think a lot of these new effects need to be in the effect_bonus_value_ids_unit_sets table or similar tables to match up with the right bonus_value_id and unit_set or other unit grouping. I only see around 5 or 6 of the new agent effects listed in the effect_bonus_value_ids_unit_sets table. Most of the new effects I've seen are targeting particular groups of units so I think there will need to be lines added for many of these.

I hope these can be fixed before release. If I'm reading everything right, there will be a lot of non-functioning new agent upgrades until these are all squared away and made fully functional.
  • siralvarexsiralvarex Registered Users Posts: 4
    motiv_8 said:

I've encountered a bug in which blocks of shadows on the campaign map as well as in the backgrounds of character portraits flicker constantly. I narrowed down the trigger to having the Shadows setting on any level above Low while SLI is enabled.

https://youtu.be/SD8W3iFQOJE

I'm having this same issue too. The battles are fine but the campaign map has a lot of flickering. Shadows on Low fixes the campaign map, but the family tree has flickering. After a battle it's even worse. One instance the portraits were doing an exorcist impression after a battle and I had to restart the game.

After a battle the campaign map lags like crazy. Oddly enough the lag goes away if I move the mouse around. Have SLI GTX 1080's and 2 monitors.
  • Octavius_5Octavius_5 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 280

I've noticed that all of the "infamy events" during my Icenii playthrough have not had an actual resolution come up. Unless they do not automatically pop anymore and I just did not notice. Going to test another faction later, may update the comment if I am just dumb and blind.

I haven't seen any resolutions to any dilemmas yet in any of my campaigns either. I also don't see the notification popping up in the faction summary window letting you know there is a pending outcome for a future turn.
  • punchthefacepunchtheface Registered Users Posts: 3
    When ever I finish a battle in the regular campaign my frames drop to about 3-10 per second and makes my game almost impossible to play, all I can do to fix this issue is save, and force shutdown and restart. OR I just never fight any battles and auto-resolve all of them to avoid, which is not good because we all know that players can easily win battles that the computer thinks are not in your favor.
  • HadrianLPHadrianLP Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 41
    Using any kind of 4 Turns Per Year mod (playing as Rome) breaks the family tree, preventing Lucius Julius Libo from bearing children.

Can confirm this is the case for three different basic 4 TPY mods on the workshop; it also happens when modifying the startpos.esf file directly.

Driving me crazy because I'd really like to enjoy this new campaign in true 4 TPY fashion.

-H
    Emperor of Rome 117-138 AD
    or Total War Addict, circa 2018

Check out my channel! | Visit hadrian.watch
    • No-nonsense Let's Play for thinking gamers.
    • Daily, multi-genre videos in HD.
    • At least two series running at all times.
    /r/HadrianLP | Steam Community | Facebook | Twitter
  • kenneth2222kenneth2222 Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited July 2018
    since i got ancestral beta some times my game lags in the world especially after ive taken a settlement and i mean like nearly frozen , doesnt do it in battles . i havent changed graphics etc everything else seems fine. other than that love the update so far
  • Droiyan7Droiyan7 Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited July 2018
    https://youtu.be/Vx_VcjYYChk

I found only one character of mine has access to Veteran Legionaries as General's bodyguard.(I didn't research Cohort yet)

Is it bug? or something I don't know?

• BoicoteBoicote Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 650
    edited July 2018
    The faction leader traits (emperor, dictator, king, etc...) give always the same bonus . I have a suggestion to balance it. The bonus should be correlated with the character's authority, cunning and zeal. For example, if an emperor has high authority, the trait should give public order bonus and if the authority is low it should give public order penaties.
    With this system, the player should be more carefull when chosing his heir. Right now, chosing heirs has no purpose except for role-play.
    Post edited by Boicote on
  • maddhatter1084maddhatter1084 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Campaign map is very glitchy...battle map is fine but campaign is slow and stuttering.
  • TolgharTolghar Registered Users Posts: 97
    After fighting a battle my fps drops in campaign map. It turn back normal after I restart it.
  • SandelloSandello Registered Users Posts: 4
    Hello dear CA. Thank u for the new patch. Would u be so kind to create units with two-handed weapons for some factions. like atilla. Thank u!
  • DodanodoDodanodo Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 353
    First, amazing update, can´t wait for the full release and I am definitely buying that DLC because, Yay Family Tree! (at last my prayers were answered)

Couple things though. I don't know if some of these things have been mentioned, I didn't go through the whole thread but saw some of these already, yet figured it would be helpfull for you to know they are recurring:

- I don't know how the new post-battle loot system works, but it only sometimes shows up in the UI of the post battle screen for me when hovering over release, enslave and execute. Is it supposed to be for every battle? If so at least the UI doesn't seem to think so at the moment.
    - I've had a situation of a powerful faction about my size and strength declare war on me, then offer vassalization a few turns later, even though they were far away from me so no battles took place and they were not at war with anyone else. That can't be normal AI behavior I presume.
    - Family names aren't passed down, like at all. Playing as Cornelia, I've played about a hundred years and have had like twenty children at this point, non of them called Scipio or Cornelia, even though the first three characters in the tree were all called that. I know this is probably not a bug but simply the same as it was before the family tree, but could you please change it so family names are passed down, at least to some degree? When I play as Egypt, I would like to have Ptolemy the Xth or something eventually, not some random name. I know some randomness is obviously needed, but if you made the chance of big recurring family names of showing up like 40-50%, I think a lot of people would be happy. It is really the last piece needed for me to be 100% satisfied with the political system in Rome II. (alternatively, allowing us to rename characters like in Warhammer would solve the problem to, so I suppose you could also consider that)
    - I haven't played vanilla Rome II in a long time, but is it intended that all my provinces, even without my culture or a public order building, have like +20 PO? Playing on hard, that seems excessively easy.

Those were all things I noticed so far. Again, amazing update, definitely gonna keep playing RII for a good while to come and am looking forward to the future, cheers
  • VilmurinVilmurin Senior Member RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,038

since i got ancestral beta some times my game lags in the world especially after ive taken a settlement and i mean like nearly frozen , doesnt do it in battles . i havent changed graphics etc everything else seems fine. other than that love the update so far

It happened to me too.
  • tobias.j.andersson92@gmail.com[email protected]om Registered Users Posts: 1
    For Roman generals, "the" is written twice in a row in the tooltip for assimilator.
  • luchianohanluchianohan Registered Users Posts: 8
    when enemy attack my village through the sea some of them landed to attack my troops while others don't landed whole time. i killed all troops who landed but the enemy ship don't try to attack me even they are 3 times out number my units.

also it would be cool if i can arrange marriage at prince situation as Attila and if i can choose who to become a successor as Rome 1

Thank you for amazing updates :)_
  • siralvarexsiralvarex Registered Users Posts: 4
    For those having performance/graphics issues, are you running SLI?

I ran a test today where I would enable/disable SLI. All of my performance and flickering issues went away as soon as I disabled SLI. With SLI enabled I have the following problems:

* Shadows higher than "low" on campaign flicker.
    * Family portraits flicker no matter the settings
    * After a battle the campaign map gets really slow and stuttery
    * When stuttery, zooming in on a settlement causes frames to drop down to like 3FPS
    * When stuttery, moving the campaign map around (using arrow keys or mouse) stops the stuttering

All of that goes away when I disable SLI in Geforce Settings. Settings don't matter -- Everything on Ultra or everything on low it's bad. Window or full screen it's the same.

Driver: 398.36
    Card: GTX 1080 (x2)
  • Alexsanchez508Alexsanchez508 Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited July 2018
    I'm playing a Macedon campaign in the beta patch and I've noticed events and skills are as if I were playing as Rome. Here's two examples:

• IelloIello Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 443
    edited July 2018
    HadrianLP said:

Using any kind of 4 Turns Per Year mod (playing as Rome) breaks the family tree, preventing Lucius Julius Libo from bearing children.

Can confirm this is the case for three different basic 4 TPY mods on the workshop; it also happens when modifying the startpos.esf file directly.

Driving me crazy because I'd really like to enjoy this new campaign in true 4 TPY fashion.

-H

Interesting discovery, and I hope this gets fixed. Multiple turns per year are essential....

I wonder if this affects the Empire Divided campaign -- that startpos is set by default to be 12 TPY, and I've not yet seen any children in my Empire Divided game. Could the turns per year be why?
    Bug: genders don't matter for traits. Example: a male getting the trait "murderess".

Not game breaking, but a bit jarring.
  • RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,314
    Iello said:

I wonder if this affects the Empire Divided campaign -- that startpos is set by default to be 12 TPY, and I've not yet seen any children in my Empire Divided game. Could the turns per year be why?

I have seen children born in my WoS campaign. I guess it does not happen as frequently with 12 TPY.

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER and THREE KINGDOMS campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
    HatG: Arevaci, Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Korinthos, Sparta.
    ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    RotR: Rome, Samnites, Syracuse, Taras, Tarchuna.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    Dublin, Gwined, Northumbria, Mercia, Sudreyar, West Seaxe.
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
    W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
    W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable.
    THREE KINGDOMS
    MOH: Liu Chong, Liu Hong, Lu Zhi, Zhang Bao.
    ROTW: Dong Zhuo, Gongsun Zan, He Yi, Liu Bei, Ma Teng, Sun Jian, Yuan Shao.
    AWB: Cao Cao, Lü Bu, Sun Ce, Yan Baihu.
    EP: Sima Ai, Sima Yong, Sima Yue.
  • HadrianLPHadrianLP Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 41
    RafSwi7 said:

Iello said:

I have seen children born in my WoS campaign. I guess it does not happen as frequently with 12 TPY.
    It might affect Rome exclusively; I don't know, I haven't tested. One of the sure-fire ways to know that the TPY edit has borked the tree is to see if Libo starts out with a wife. He SHOULD; her name is Lucretia. When you try to go to 4 TPY, however, Lucretia disappears.

Here's the good part: About three or four turns in, without fail, you'll get a notification about a mysterious son (always with the same name) coming of age. He'll never appear on the tree and you'll never be able to interact with him.

Meanwhile, even if you marry Libo off, he won't have any kids. Adopt a successor, and the mechanics kick in just fine.

Odd, huh?

-H
    Emperor of Rome 117-138 AD
    or Total War Addict, circa 2018

Check out my channel! | Visit hadrian.watch
    • No-nonsense Let's Play for thinking gamers.
    • Daily, multi-genre videos in HD.
    • At least two series running at all times.
    /r/HadrianLP | Steam Community | Facebook | Twitter
  • klotimklotim Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 27
    HadrianLP said:

RafSwi7 said:

Iello said:

It might affect Rome exclusively; I don't know, I haven't tested. One of the sure-fire ways to know that the TPY edit has borked the tree is to see if Libo starts out with a wife. He SHOULD; her name is Lucretia. When you try to go to 4 TPY, however, Lucretia disappears.

Here's the good part: About three or four turns in, without fail, you'll get a notification about a mysterious son (always with the same name) coming of age. He'll never appear on the tree and you'll never be able to interact with him.

Meanwhile, even if you marry Libo off, he won't have any kids. Adopt a successor, and the mechanics kick in just fine.

Odd, huh?

-H
    What's good with that?
  • slapnut1207slapnut1207 Registered Users Posts: 678

Visual issues I have with Empire Divided Roman Uniforms:
    Every Legionary I see is wearing boots or maybe some other form of footwear, which should not be. Since some should be wearing Caligae.
    Some Roman Legionaries should not be wearing pants, but stay true to the classic Tunic with only undergarments on.
    Could late Roman units that appear in the very end of the third or early fourth century have at least a few legionaries wearing more decorated tunics?
    Some Roman Legionaries wearing Concesti Ridge Helmets should be given Intercisa Infantry Ridge Helmets.
    The Palmyrene Roman Army's uniforms look a mix between Roman, Barbarian and Eastern. Could we remove the Barbarian part of it. Because some of the men in Palmyrene Roman units look like Barbarians.
    Some Legionaries and all centurions should at least be wearing greaves
    Roman Legionaries should be wearing Focale.
    Roman Legionaries should not be wearing Lorica Hamata and Lorica Segmentata together.
    Roman Skirmishers should not all be wearing Spangenhelms, give them Ridge and Niederbieber Helmets.

Here are some images on what I mean:

Light Roman Skrimishers:

This Roman unit has legionaries wearing both Lorica Hamata and Lorica Segmentata, which looks weird and probably unhistorically accurate.

This unit is too uniform, give some of them scale and chain mail at least.

Roman Levies are wearing armor which probably doesn't exist and it makes them look weird. Just remove the armor and maybe replace it with chain mail. If not they should only be shown wearing tunics.

The Gallic Roman Navy has too few units:

Some Mercenaries in ED look strange as well.

In Hoc Signo Vinces

• waly8724waly8724 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 19
    1) I had two siege battles where the AI sent the general in a suicide attack against my legionaries, it was the general and his escort against all my legionaries.

2) In the attributes of the Roman women I get the option to increase the armor of the troops, increase the damage of the troops, etc. If the Roman women do not lead armies, it does not make sense that they have these attributes, I suspect that these attributes correspond to the Galas women for example.

3) I had two events, I resolved them and I never received a notification saying the consequences of my decisions.

4) No matter the size of the army, I will always take out 90 of wealth if I defeat it.

For the rest this is one of the best updates they did and I even want to buy me the DCL that I need from Rome 2 :)

Regards
    That faded brown background to various menus and the encyclopedia in ED is SO FREAKING HARD TO READ for me. It just hits all the nasty shades in my partial colorblindness. Complete mess. Please please PLEASE revert that to the original UI or give the option to do so. That one thing is basically keeping me from buying ED. Can't play a game you can't see!