Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Official Ancestral Update issues thread

Comments

• benji402benji402 Posts: 1Registered Users

All of the children's names are different than the family name. For some reason my son and heir (M. Atellus) created his own House of Fabia. My heir (Q. Caepio) became the family leader however my brother (L. Scipio) became the dictator...is that supposed to happened?
  • CA_dionisievCA_dionisiev Posts: 167Registered Users, CA Staff
    Thanks for all your feedback, commanders :)

We have logged many of the issues you have raised in our bug DB and will try to resolve as many of them as possible before release.
    Actually the team is already working hard on some of the issues raised.

Thanks again, and please do keep the reports coming, this will help us make Rome II even greater (again) :)

Cheers,
    Ivan Dionisiev
    CA Sofia QA Team

FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • luchianohanluchianohan Posts: 8Registered Users
    edited July 2018

my faction leader once again marry to kush queen

just by next turn queen disappear(i assume Egyptian take over kush city and she's dead also.
    it would be cool if you can inform what happen to your wives...) and wait what??? one of my family member suddenly join kush family???(whole his family line join the kush family)

Seems like he is now Faction leader of Kush???

apparently he is still serving Nabataea.(his character card color change to blue doe) but i can't do any political action on him(in the family tree he is belong Kush family, his daughter is not onlyheir of Nabataea but also belong to Kush, i don't what would happen on future)

p.s-first picture A.Ali Zarih shows no wife ( i let him die on the battle and after that his wife disappear as well
    how can i make both parents put on the family tree after they are dead?...impossible?)
  • kingkong381kingkong381 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Just want to say that I'm loving most of the new features so far and I'm glad to see Rome 2 continue to get dev support so long after it released.

However, having said that. I've encountered some performance issues since opting into the beta that I didn't have previously. Most significantly, I've been experiencing atrocious frame rates on the campaign map at times (most often after loading back to the campaign map from battles). I'll be playing a campaign normally, fight a battle and then when it loads back to the campaign things will slow down and eventually the image freezes entirely. The cursor can still be moved around the screen and sound effects and music still play (for example: hitting escape will still trigger the sound of opening the menu but the image remains frozen).

I hope that this issue is resolved as soon as possible as, in the current state, it is effectively unplayable for much more than an hour at a time. I should reiterate that I have been thoroughly enjoying what little I have been able to play of the new update. I would hate to "lose" this game permanently as I've loved it since launch and have bought all of the DLC.
  • rom_mintzrom_mintz Posts: 3Registered Users
    when I get events messages, my game slows down to like 10 fps until I have read all of them.
  • LordVonHamishLordVonHamish Junior Member Posts: 64Registered Users
    Boicote said:

Suggestion: opposition parties/families should marry their own characters and should offer marriage proposals. They should behave like an independent party, with its own agenda.

Right now, human players have entire control of the opossition but I think that opposition parties should have more autonomy. For example, if the player never offer marriage proposals to the opposition, then the IA should marry the opossition characters by itself.
    The opposition families should also offer proposals to marry one of their characters with members of the faction leader family.

Great idea mate :D
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,731Registered Users
    The old quirk where the AI declares war on you only to immediately sue for peace afterwards is still there. Please see to it that it's rubbed out because it's monumentally stupid.

In the beta there is now some lag on the campaign map, also there is a bug since before the betas launch. That is when you are in a multyplayer lobby for a battle and you are building your army you get knocked back to the main menu and that is not becouse the party leader kicked you off the lubby.. Its wierd pls help becouse of that i cant play multy :cry: also you should rework the research tree and army lv up system like you did with the general lv up system whi h is amazing by the way :D so it would have better effects with more meaning and better bufs and also pls change the macedonian uniforms and their collor back to yellow it was waaaay beter before the UI change to more darker and that brown colour sure doesnt suit the proud macedonians.
  • rom_mintzrom_mintz Posts: 3Registered Users
    so veneti and the insubres formed a celtic confederation, and it showed me just white in the picture
  • TickwickTickwick Posts: 3Registered Users
    When you Shift + Right Click to set waypoints for a unit, the unit then stops between each waypoint instead of continuing the movement and keeping momentum towards the next waypoint.
  • MetricTensorMetricTensor Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    There are some typos amid the intrigue actions.

Several of the agent abilities claim to increase local income, but this effect does not update after acquiring the skill (either it is not working, or it does not display until the next turn).

Sending an emissary (intrigue actions) and receiving an entire region is immersion breaking at best, and overpowered and absurd at worst.

The Wrath of Sparta campaign: Athenian marine hoplites do not have the phalanx ability. They should, as should other faction's maritime hoplites.

The Wrath of Sparta victory video ran incredibly slowly, and the game only recovered from this crippling FPS drop when I made it back to the main menu.
  • SurgetSurget Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    I'm having crashes when alt-tabbing which I never had on patch 19 even modded
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Posts: 1,357Registered Users
    Ambush Battle on coordinates 0.219, 0.388 (Massalia + Grassland) causes the game to CTD on my end.

(Both on campaign and custom battle, while it loads it only show me a yellow deployment zone, no red deployment zone and then it crashed)

Can somebody double check that ?
  • QuestrumQuestrum Posts: 1Registered Users
    The update worked fine at first except it would crash after I manually fought battles as the Odrysian Kingdom but now it crashes the launcher immediately after I run the program event though I did a fresh install crashes every time immediately no exceptions but the regular game with no beta runs the launcher just fine
  • ivanculaivancula Posts: 12Registered Users
    Rewan said:

Ambush Battle on coordinates 0.219, 0.388 (Massalia + Grassland) causes the game to CTD on my end.

(Both on campaign and custom battle, while it loads it only show me a yellow deployment zone, no red deployment zone and then it crashed)

Can somebody double check that ?

I can confirm this, tested with custom battles (coordinates 0.218, 0.389 or 0.387 though)
  • BoicoteBoicote Senior Member Posts: 639Registered Users
    edited July 2018
    I played a couple of turns in my Seleucid campaign (legendary) and I have some issues to report:

- When you quit the game (or press alt+F4) on legendary mod, the game should automatically save.

- The family tree window should memorize the level of zoom in/out. When the family tree is large, I usually zoom it out. However, when an intrigue option is activated, the window closes (to show the notification) and then re-opens. When this occurs, the family tree is always in the max zoom in.

- In the diplomacy menu, there should be information about the age of the foreigner faction leaders. Because there is no information, sometimes I married my young faction leader with a very old character and I only get this information AFTER they are already married. This is boring because the couple cannot have kids and I have to divorce them.

- I have a suggestion about torches in siege battles. When the AI is attacking and there is no more infantry left, the AI sends cavalry to attack the gate with torches. This is suicide. IMO, under this circumstances, the AI should retreat the battle OR it should dismount the cavalry units, so they can climb the ladders. Torches should always be the last resource (ex. When all ladders are destroyed).

- In my campaign, I persuaded an enemy to join my faction. Then I adopted him and then I made him the new heir. When the faction leader died, he became the new faction leader. However, he is from a completely different culture (he is middle-eastern and my royal family is Greek). If this happened in real live, most likely all citizens in my empire would be very displeased to see a foreigner as the faction leader. There should be public order penalties if something like this happens. Eventually, the other potential heirs could join a plot to murder him.
    To make this situation even more absurd, I married my leader with the queen of Meroe. So, right now the Seleucid empire has a Middle-eastern king and an African queen :P , and nobody in my empires cares about it.

Post edited by Boicote on
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,047Registered Users
    Thanks for the patches, CA peeps. So long as you keep supporting and improving R2 I will keep supporting you! Attila is nice in its way, but the era(s) in Rome 2 are just more my style.
  • mrpopcornbmrpopcornb Posts: 29Registered Users
    game still doesnt start
  • giannism13giannism13 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I want to report that any MSAA option (x4, x2) other than x8 doesn't work. Also it appears that in naval battles MSAA isn't applied to oars no matter the option.
  • Maximus_3Maximus_3 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Some units cards are brown where they shouldn't be like the picked Hoplites or Cimmerian Noble Hoplites.
    The chariots riders are also just standing like a infantry soldier. And juste something that I just noticed is that normal that the praetorian guards are still red even when playing as Antony's Rome ?
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,463Registered Users
    Not really related to the Ancestral Update, but the Roman First Cohorts and Eagle Cohorts are still classed as "Heavy Melee Infantry" instead of "Very Heavy Melee Infantry" like their regular legionary counterparts. They've been like that since before the Power & Politics Update actually.
    Suggestion: please bring the end of turn menu from Attila to Rome 2:

This is very useful to locate characters, settlements, etc, which need attention before the turn is completed.
    edited July 2018
    I would like to report a bug related to the "family annals" event.
    One of my characters, who was leading an army, decided to leave my faction for a while to find a great treasure:

This is how it should work, no problem here.

However...

Later I had a character leading an army and I replaced him with another general. Next turn, I got the "family annals" event but the notification didn't show the name of the character.

I took a look on the family tree and I discovered that this event was related to the character that replaced in previous turn. Apparently, this event doesn’t show the character’s name if he is traveling back to the capital.

• EleosEleos Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited July 2018
    I have been playing with the beta and I love it. I'd like to report the following issue:

In Imperator Campaign I married Cleopatra as Mark Antony... about four turns later she disappeared from the game without a trace. Went several turns without realizing that she had either been killed or somehow removed from the game. She does not appear as a deceased member of my family on the family tree... she's just gone. To my knowledge there was no event dialogue informing me of this.

We need event messages for death of a spouse, ESPECIALLY if that spouse is the leader of another faction.
  • SurgetSurget Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    Getting this while alt tabbing
    Battle loot should be more visible like in warhammer and you should also get more money after defeating a full stack army becouse now you get almost less than nothing
  • happycompyhappycompy Senior Member Posts: 355Registered Users
    For some reason, my launcher says that my mod (Community Patch) is out of date even though it isn't and is fully updated for the new patch beta...thus prompting the annoying "warning, you have out of date mods!" dialog box when I start the game.

Also, ROME 2 will sometimes not fully close when exiting the game, forcing you to use task manager to force close it. This has been an issue on & off depending on the patch for a few years now.

Lastly, while the new shadows look great, they have a jarring flickering bug that occurs when zoomed in on big battles with Extreme shadow settings. This is with no mods installed.
    HappyCompy's Rome 2 video emporium

Completed Campaigns:
    ETW: Italian States, Mughal Empire

Shogun 2: Uesegi, Date, Shoni

Rome II: Rome, Venetii, Bastarnians, Pontus, Athens

Attila: Franks (minor), Vandals (cultural)
    Is there any chance we can choose to not display if we will win an autoresolve battle or not? No other TW game tells you 100% if you will win an autoresolve, and I find that this really encourages players NOT to fight out close battles.

Thank you very much!!

Completed Campaigns:

Since launch, ROME 2 has been the only TW game that shrinks down enemy unit flags down to a size that forces you to use an electron microscope on any battle difficulty above normal. There have been so many great changes in this patch, but this "feature" that Rome 2 has really hampers the quality of life & fun of the battles. Any chance for a fix?

:)

Bonus: you cant issue attack or defend orders on the tactical map in battle. Not sure if this in intentional, but you can in all of the other games which feature it.

Thank you for an amazing patch!

Completed Campaigns:

Not sure if this is an isolated incident but desert charioteers have the default standing animation when charging.

Completed Campaigns: