Hello, announcement of the new patch have motivated me to report some issues I have found in Rome 2. All of them are up to the latest DLC/patch (Desert Kingdoms), with no AU BETA installed (if some of them are going to be fixed, but are not mentioned in update change notes, just simply ignore them). I will try to report them as clearly as possible, just as I have done in Attila Ultimate Bug Thread. These issues cover many aspects of the game. So lets start:
* Some units hold one type of bow while being idle, and suddenly type of bow change during shooting (this issue BTW occurs also in Attila). Units affected by this bug are:
- Royal Sassanian Archers (ED the Sassanids)
- Highland Archers and Elite Highland Archers (ED Caledonii)
- Elite Gothic Archers (ED Gothi)
- Germanic Noblewoman Archers (ED Marcomanni) - here the issue is even more serious with composite bow/longbow change
- Armoured Horse Archers (ED Palmyra) - it seems like unit holds two bows while shooting, all Armenian Horse Archers from ED are also affected by this bug
- Eastern Bowmen (ED Armenia)
- Eastern Horse Archers , Armoured Horse Archers and Noble Horse Archers (ED Armenia) all share the same issue of 'double bow' while shooting
- Persian Horse Archers (ED the Sassanids)
- Mercenary Kretan Archers (Wos)
- Bactrian Horse Archers (GC)
To conclude archer - related issues I must point out that most barbarian archers from ED have wrong bow on the UI unit card (they have always there a composite bow, while they normally equip either simple bow or a longbow). Also some units with longbow (Longbow Hunters from GC, CiG and IA; Highland and Elite Highland Archers from ED) have just 125 range, which is ridiculous and does not make sense, considering the fact that some units with simple bows (like Gallic Hunters) have 150 range. And as for the unit models, many archers and horse archers in the game (practically in all campaigns) are lacking arrow quivers.
* Elite Saxoni Javelinmen (ED) in melee fight with Greek type sword, instead of more historically accurate one (preferably seax).
* Numidian Noble Infantry (GC) has invisible javelins before throwing them
* Sometimes a glitch with Zhayedan Immortals (ED) occurs, when thay are suspended in the air after being killed
* Now a bug, that Attila has inherited from Rome 2. All horse skirmishers with Parthian Shot (but not horse archers!) are affected. While running away from the enemy, they throw their javelins without turning themselves in enemy direction. While it is not game-breaking issue, it somehow kills immersion, and is extremally unrealistic.
* Gallic Roman General (ED) on chariot is lacking his javelins
* There is a glitch with Nabatean an Sabean melee infantry shield patterns. They change, depending on point of camera so fast, that I do not know anymore which one is correct. Also one Nabatean cavalry unit shares this issue.
* According to unit stats, Desert Chariots (Nabatea, Masaesyli, Saba and Kush) and Armoured Desert Chariots (Masaesyli) should wield shields (shield bonus is applied and mentioned in melee defence and armour). However, models are lacking shields
* These guys should mount armoured camels, at least according to unit UI banner
* Such terrain bugs, are still quite common in the game, unfortunately
* Or fleets traveling through land, without disembarking on the seashore
* In custom battle for the GC, Parthia has access to two ships with Pontic Peltasts/ Pontic Swordsmen as the marines. But I do not know if this is an issue during the campaign, maybe someone can confirm that.
* Ok, now some translational issues. In Polish version, descryption of Desert Cavalry and Armoured version has word 'Namibijczycy posiadali...' , should be 'Numidyjczycy posiadali...' . Also Cimmerian Noble Infantry is translated as Kimeryjska Szlachta Konna, is should be Szlachetna Piechota Kimeryjska. And finally, in campaign descryption for Nabatea faction, the word 'Judowie' occurs, it should be correctly 'Judejczycy'.
* As for the ideas for improving the game, I agree that there sould be banners over broken enemy units, because chasing them after the battle is a nightmare. Also, I would support adding some handicap to transport fleets (like seasickness from Attila), because right now they are way too OP.
Thanks for further patching the game and greetings to the Community!