Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Official Allegiance Update issues thread

CA_EllaCA_Ella Posts: 317Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team
Any issues with the Allegiance Update Beta should be reported in this thread, which we will be monitoring closely.

Comments

• InocybeInocybe Posts: 144Registered Users
    The new buildings are really cool !
    However, I still experience a bug that was here since day one :

What happens ? I use a cav unit to kill an enemy, and after that first fight I move my cav unit.
    They don't move in formation anymore, and a significant proportion of unit models (10-30%) repeat the same animation (like they were charging a shield wall). please fix, it's really anoying.
  • Octavius_5Octavius_5 Senior Member Posts: 271Registered Users
    edited July 2018
    Reposting this from the main support forum for convenience to have the issues listed in a single thread. I did load up the save game after updating to the Allegiance beta and the issue appears to still exist.

The Master Hunter trait does not appear to be working, at least not in all cases. More information posted here:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/222301/master-hunter-trait-not-giving-accuracy-bonus#latest
  • TurumbaTurumba Junior Member Posts: 16Registered Users
    Feedback, I might have posted this in the wrong thread.
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/2184015#Comment_2184015

Another thing: When running down fleeing enemies the chaser just stops, wether he is fighting or moving towards the enemy. Sometimes the chaser wont even move after repeating the order. This is repeatable very easy. (Just a shot in the dark, but this is case in TW: W II as well. It started in ToB after the first patch introducing "hide foliage" (Sounds wired but well...).
    If you're dealing with the devil, it's not the devil who changes, but rather the devil change you - for sanity is like a spider, sitting in a net woven from the finest of strings, unaware of the hand coming closer, being grabbed and stuffed into a mouth.
    Check this: Turumba's Twitch and YouTube channel!
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,458Registered Users
    edited July 2018
    On the subject of the UI, have the Age, Influence, and Loyalty icons beside character portraits in the family tree been removed completely? I know you could disable them before, but I can't see any option to re-enable them in the beta, unless I'm blind as a bat and just don't see it. If they have been removed, then I'd like to request they be returned. I found them very useful for at-a-glance info on characters.

Also, an actual percentage number of a settlement's Allegiance change per turn would be useful too.
    Post edited by Whiskeyjack_5691 on
    edited July 2018
    I've noticed a bit of a contradiction in some character traits with the new "Desire for Estates" thingy.

I've got a character who loses loyalty when he has any estates, but when I strip him of his estates his loyalty drops again from not having any estates. He also seems to lose loyalty from being jealous of other characters having more estates than him, even tough he doesn't want any? Bit of a weird one.

Post edited by Whiskeyjack_5691 on
    I'm not sure if this is a bug, but upgrading followers sometimes does not actually increase respective levels for Command, Governance, and Zeal. This has actually been in the game since launch if I remember correctly.
  • RobG4RobG4 Posts: 82Registered Users
    Not sure if this is a new bug or feature but it appears the Dyflin event which gave the player the option to vassalize the minor viking factions (Veisafjord & Vedrafjord) appears to no longer trigger like it did before the Allegiance Update.

I played over the weekend another solid 15 hours of beta patch with Gwined on L/L.

The bad news first: I was better off killing all governors, ultimately playing without governors at all. I've choosen to kill all not currently needed generals as well, that was optional though, but I was better off as well. Just to let you know, I killed all my nobles after 12-13 hours of really trying to deal with it.

Tbh, I have some problems to structure this feedback. Let's try:

About Allegiance. It is a very good add to the game. The problem is a governor will get very fast +2UA (ursurper allegiance) here , two turns later another +4UA there, a turn later another +2 UA. Suddenly over a course of 2-5 turns you ending up with +8UA in your home province. This is as much as your Factionleader will provide with leadership 10. This happens while other governors collect between 0 and +6 UA in other provinces.
    The only thing one can do to counter that, is to use priest as followers and constantly monitor the governors and the UA PO impact. Mind that I played as Gwined, thus, there is no other way to increase FA (faction allegiance). While this is happening more or less constantly, non of my governors got a scribe to actually make them worth having around. The only benefit they provide is their starting trait (miner, lessor and so on). Since recieved UA and FA doesn't negate each other and "just" keep adding up, they need more monitoring and figuring out if it will be enough to keep the PO in balance, which needs usually recalculation within 1 or 2 turn because of the trait rain or a desire which is not fulfilled.
    Thus killing them is the best option, sets it all to null and PO is getting better as well. A funny fact, due to the priests, the nobles who damaged the kingdom the most were the most loyal ones.

Solutions ideas:
    Keep it way down with UA traits. I guess we can't make the FA negates UA. Which would be best. Basicly you have 6UA on the governor and his priest provides 4FA, makes 2UA for the province. I realize that this is what happens already, but there is a big difference while checking the Allegiance list. We are talking the difference between 12UA vs. 16FA and
    4UA vs 8FA. First one is a good reason to kill the govenor, second is just bad and the govenor is "only" nearly wortless.

If above is not possible, make the priests "heal" certain traits and in this way remove one or more negative traits. This could be traits with negative associatones (UA, -loyalty and so on). Most negative traits a bit childish anyway and thus having an older human beeing telling them and thus remove this trait would make sense.

WHILE ALL of the above is going on, the desires kick in and it all end in a big ****. The desires are a complete misstep imo. Look at it:

Desires more Estates than faction leader
    Desires less Estates than faction leader
    Desires more Estates than generals and governors
    Desires more Estates than characters with lower Command
    Desires more Estates than characters with lower Governance
    Desires more Estates than characters with lower Zeal
    Desires more Estates than lower level characters
    Desires more Estates than everybody but the faction leader
    Desires more Estates than younger characters
    Desires no more Estates

This is ridiculous. If you really really really have to go on with this, let 1 or max 2 nobles with the most influence have those kind of (yes childish) ambitions. Well, maybe as to keep them satisfied and not pursue further as they reach King material. And then provide a extra tab to actually being able to track it.
    Imho, ain't nobody got time for this and I would not implement it at all. It is not needed, super tedious and one will very likely anger a couple nobles, while fulfilling the desire of one. Please, just scrap it.

Every faction need to have access to benedictine estates. I would suggest just make all churches into benedictine estates. The name might have to change... dunno clerical estates. Same does count for pagans if you give the option to stay pagan. But every faction need to have this, I feel like this is mandatory.

A newly picked noble candidate should not have at start 8 influence (and about to start a civil war) or the other extreme 1 influence (and gain a bad trait next turn, because he has less than 3 Influence). This is in desperate need of adjustment. Let them start with a random amount between of at least 3 and up to max 6 influence. This is important. Plus a minimum of 3 loyalty as well, because otherwise he wouldn't be picked in the first place (be it legendary or not).

I like the overall adjustment made to ecomomy. Talking about money and food here. It is way harder to build up. Reminder, I play legendary and thus it should be and it's working very well. One have to choose between army or buildings and one has to make decisions (once one is in the position to even think about it and mandatory thinks have been dealt with), in which way the economy should go in the first place. One doesn't have the "build it and no worries" options anymore. Though the goldmine should do a tad more.^^

I'm sure I forgot a lot, but these are my most pressure themes. I ended up with the short victory. It was, beside the heart attack material described above, very satisfying. A real legendary experience. You are welcome CA, I hope it helps to make decisions.

Regards,
    Turumba
    If you're dealing with the devil, it's not the devil who changes, but rather the devil change you - for sanity is like a spider, sitting in a net woven from the finest of strings, unaware of the hand coming closer, being grabbed and stuffed into a mouth.
    I 100% agree with @Turumba 's post. In particular what he said about estates and "desire for estates";
    Turumba said:

The desires are a complete misstep imo. This is ridiculous. If you really really really have to go on with this, let 1 or max 2 nobles with the most influence have those kind of (yes childish) ambitions. Well, maybe as to keep them satisfied and not pursue further as they reach King material. And then provide a extra tab to actually being able to track it.
    Imho, ain't nobody got time for this and I would not implement it at all. It is not needed, super tedious and one will very likely anger a couple nobles, while fulfilling the desire of one. Please, just scrap it.

I honestly have to agree, the "desire for estates" is a terrible addition and just adds an extra layer of micromanagement on an already unnecessarily awkward system. It needs to be completely rebalanced, toned down significantly or, failing either of those, scrapped altogether. I don't have a problem with the estates mechanic itself (I actually think it's a good idea), it's just the way it's implemented makes it very finicky to manage. Honestly, right now I'd much prefer if we just had plus and minus buttons next to each character's number of owned estates and could hand out generic estates from a total pool owned by the King that way.
  • KnightoftheWolvesKnightoftheWolves Posts: 3Registered Users

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but upgrading followers sometimes does not actually increase respective levels for Command, Governance, and Zeal. This has actually been in the game since launch if I remember correctly.

If you look at the UI, upgrading followers only increases the Command, Governance, and Zeal traits every two levels or so. It's not a bug, it is intended.

---

The scholarly trait from having the scribe and library buildings seems to be a bit buggy. It never ranks up beyond 1, and will trigger multiple times on the same governor, even vanishing sometimes and then coming back many turns later. Also, I still have governors getting the "stupid" traits for not having a library, even though I have two in the Kingdom.

If you look at the UI, upgrading followers only increases the Command, Governance, and Zeal traits every two levels or so. It's not a bug, it is intended.
    That's what I was thinking it might be. In that case, it needs to be made clearer on the tooltip. The way it looks currently, you would think that the first two ranks of followers each give 1 more point to Command / Governance / Zeal.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,654Registered Users

That's because a "+1" means always just "+1" until the skill level says "+2", then you get an additional point.

That's because a "+1" means always just "+1" until the skill level says "+2", then you get an additional point.
    Yeah, that's what I mean; at level 1 it says it gives +1 and at level 2 it says +1 again, so you'd assume you get +2 after 2 levels. I dunno, I found it a little confusing, but maybe it's just me.
    Apparently King Alfred isn't very imaginative when it comes to naming his kids, as I've got two sons named "Beornwulf".

• gunnarmarinegunnarmarine Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    UI does not show info on enemy province status such as allegiances, public order, ect.
  • Jack_Lusted_CAJack_Lusted_CA Creative Assembly Brighton, UKPosts: 1,346Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited July 2018

Yeah, that's what I mean; at level 1 it says it gives +1 and at level 2 it says +1 again, so you'd assume you get +2 after 2 levels. I dunno, I found it a little confusing, but maybe it's just me.
    It always states the value you get, nowhere in the game is the value added to previous one, its always what's shown is what you get. True for buildings, true for followers, true for attributes.
    Game Director - Thrones of Britannia

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.

It always states the value you get, nowhere in the game is the value added to previous one, its always what's shown is what you get. True for buildings, true for followers, true for attributes.
    Ah, so I was just reading it wrong. Cool beans, sorry about that.
  • norseaxenorseaxe Posts: 402Registered Users
    Can you add battle loot after winning battles like you did in ancestral beta update for rome 2 that's if it's not to late thanks.
  • MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,099Registered Users
    I found 3 problems now.

1) Units ability&skill don't show in Custom Battle panel

2) Routing units freeze in siege battle

3) Naval Assault not show settlement damage icon

SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

Reposting this from the main support forum for convenience to have the issues listed in a single thread. I did load up the save game after updating to the Allegiance beta and the issue appears to still exist.

The Master Hunter trait does not appear to be working, at least not in all cases. More information posted here:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/222301/master-hunter-trait-not-giving-accuracy-bonus#latest

It looks like this one is still not resolved in the latest update. I loaded up the same save game and the accuracy bonus is still not applying to the archer units in the army commanded by the general with the Master Hunter trait.
  • CJYXGCJYXG Posts: 23Registered Users

Just a small UI bug, the unit card of "Northumbrian Thegns" and "Northumbrian Mailed Thegns" are wrong and should be interchanged.
    AUB 2, Mierce, 6 hours of gameplay on l/l

Thanks for tunning down the amount of desires and that if they pop up, the new way they are presented is quite nice. Plus the link in the trait rain to the noble individual overview is really helpful.

The ai still sends in one unit general armies take a settlement and recruits more army, but I have seen, as it is intended ai armies with 4 units going in take a settlement and recruiting more army. The first mentioned should not be the case, if I understand the changes correctly.
    While I think this approach doesn't prevent players destroying their own game experience, and thus will not help the game popularity, it is fair enough and I appreciate the effort to reduce the urge to „exploit“ by making the ai stop showing/using said „exploit“. Kudos for that.

Benedictine estates held by the King do not provide Faction Allegiance factionwide. They do show up in the character overview, but not as influence in the provinces and thus have no effect on the faction allegiance factionwide. Kinda gamebreaking, due to the amount of traits regarding allegiance flying around and to deal with other faction allegiances in newly conquered regions/provinces.

As others have reported War Fervour is still offered as a reward for missions.

The amount of food shown in the info window on the left side is a bit off...something like 448538270,2 Food seems not accurate.

A extra tab for factions with marriageable ladies in the diplomacy menue would be a real time saver.

Young nobles start with way to much and/or way to less influence and/or loyalty. This is at this moment the biggest problem. Mainly because it cost the king huge amounts of influence to deal with them. Even if one is very very very lucky and just have to pay kings influence every second time a political action is performed, it leads to too little amounts of influence on the king, which bring other nobles into troubles. I realise that the little game of influence versus loyalty within the nobility is to find that sweet spot, but it does not work, if the starting amounts of loyalty and influence are off the charts.

Let me tell you about that ONE time I got a new noble who didnt went of the charts with his loyaltly nor his influence. He is fine 22 years young and a born governor (+2 governance): loyalty 3 influence 5 or 6. Turn ends. Turn starts: „estates low“ thus minus 3 loyalty. Same turn he got a bad trait „usurper allegiance +2 and -2 governance“ because he had less than 3 loyalty. Same turn. Did I mentioned that this has happend in the same turn? Trying to fix this now useless governor, cost my king a lot of influence via estates and political actions, long story short: next turn civil war. One does not have limitless estates/influence/money. This should should not happend within the same turn.
    (Due to fact, that the benectine estates dont provide faction allegiance factionwide, I had rebels in that very province later on.)

It is really a struggle to keep influence above 7,8 or 9. One „can“ get permanent influence via traits after a certain amount of time due to certain battle circumstance, heroic victories and so on. Problem is, the player doesn't have any influence over these circumstances. That leads to other fundamental problems:

In order to get influence for a battling king, one has to fight as weaker or evenly match participant. This is not doable. One can not willy nilly delete units and thus drown the unit/recruitment pool to match the needed army strenght of the opponent in order to gain influence or generelly gain not bad traits.

Other way around: At this point I have to mention, that if one attacks an enemy with 12 full units, while the players army has 20 units a level 3 trait can appear with „+3 zeal and -2 loyalty“ trait gained because we fought and killed a weaker army. This happend for my king, but would it happend to another general this is bound to lower kings influence massivly or is just civil war material. That is just plain wrong. Seriously, what am I expect to do here, disband 8 units or raise a new army? Nope, some traits are in need of change.

You can not let traits decide all of game. This wont work. Please bring back more influence for fighting kings and/or lower influence for governors for building in their province or give part of building influence to the king. And please keep the new noble influence/loyalty within a playable level. Nobody mind to deal with a troublemaker every now and then, but only 1 out of 5 is not a troublemaker. Please switch that around.

Money and food is tight. Very tight. I dont mind that so much, since I play l/l. It feels very tight though. It is turn 26 and I have managed to build ~5-8 buildings/upgrades at all. Way less than usual. I have ~30 units and ~30 food left. I have 5 full provinces and 5 other regions under my control and make ~1000 coins per turn (high taxes due to we need that extra money and food and Burghal). It's tight, there is little chance to build anything, cause I would need to save money over several turns and there is too much going on to do that (political actions, emergency army and refill recruitment, repairs and so on). Mostly when I try to build, I have to stop it, because the money is needed elsewhere.
    Which brings me to the decrees at least with Mierce: 10000 for a decree will never ever happend. Maybe in the late mid or late game, who knows. I suggest make it, if has to be more than everyone else, 7500, which I dont see ever doing as well.
    Named amount of food is the reason, why the feast isn't a option to deal with low amount of kings influence, btw.
    Maybe it is another case on lower difficulties. I do not know. That's just fyi, I dont mind that much it is legendary in the end.

Burghal: It is strange. While the thought seem to be right, I feel like it wont work. As I make 1000 coins p/turn, I dont see myself lowering the taxes later in peace time, which I'm forced to do due to Burghal logic. Even if I lower taxes later and reduce the army (as intended with the fyrd system), I wont make any money to build any building at all. Plus, let's pretend we are very rich, why should I get penalties because I have low taxes during war. This strange. It is not gamebreaking problem, but it is very strange.

I saw some changes on the battlefield as well. The amount of ai moral has been drasticly buffed since allegiance patch.
    I going to check this a bit more, but we have reached Attila legendary standards again. Wether this is due to buffs or just a general correction of the difficulty setting, I can not tell.
    What I can say, is that horses and archers have lost a lot of worth for the player, which would be historicly accurate and thus maybe intended. Problem with this is, that the ai, due to the mentioned above buff/correction do not have that loss of worth by fielding horses and archers and do indeed field them to ridiculous results.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I do rant a lot, thus it is only fair to participant in giving feeback while the beta is running.

Regards,
    Turumba
    The Welsh Brethren dilemma for Gwined does not seem to be working correctly. It has shown up twice in my campaign, both times I have selected the option to try and annex them but there has been no resolution to the dilemma. Here is a screenshot of the dilemma. I have a save game attached.
  • pflipspflips Posts: 3Registered Users
    After getting far enough into the game as Dyflin, I was able to send out an expedition. I chose to send them to the mainland. Then two rounds later when the next set of choices appeared I chose to send my expedition to the land of the Franks. After two more turns when the next set of options is supposed to appear the game crashes.

In addition to this I've noticed some food producing villages display astronomically high numbers for how much food they are producing, sometimes 7-10 figures in length. It seems to be just a UI issue as it does not actually add that much food to my factions total count.
  • WelshImperiumWelshImperium Posts: 15Registered Users
    I started a new campaign yesterday as Circenn using the new Allegiance Beta and have been enjoying the changes.

However, today I ran across a small bug that will need fixing. When I went to upgrade my farms to increase my food I checked the toolbar and it listed 4294967296.00 as the amount of food that my farm was generating, I then checked other food producing buildings and they all listed that same amount on the toolbar.

Earlier in the campaign I had been getting correct information from the toolbar so I am not sure what caused the error. I had saved my campaign and then reloaded it by clicking continue campaign so maybe that caused it? Anyway, I have attached a screen shot showing the bug to this post.

I ran into an instance of a trait being gained by a wife instead of her husband:

Selecting the character information screen associated with the trait showed the wife as a statesman and her husband in the wife spot. As far as I can tell the negative effects of this particular trait aren't actually being applied anywhere normally visible since I don't think it is normally possible to see the wife's character details screen like this.

I have the save game attached.
  • RomanSionisRomanSionis Posts: 3Registered Users
    Liking the new mechanics. Overall another upgrade to the game.
    A few suggestions.
    In the late game of Mide, I found it very hard to maintain legitimacy. Could there a be a way for the new High Cross building to increase legitimacy like that of Scotland?
    Also there is a glitch in the tech. When you research Siege Warfare, the catapult stays locked even after researching the required tech.
    Also while the first patch of the game, you ended up with too much gold, now its the opposite, I find myself with too little and not able to build much.
    Another suggestion is Wessex new fortify stance. I enjoy it but whats the point of the Arena now for Wessex? I get more out of the Fortify stance than the building.
    Also these are just minor but could the battle traits last longer? I always seem to end up earning back the War Chief trait and never seem to advance past level two. I love the new traits but can they last longer? And the idea of having more items would be nice!
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 1,145Registered Users
    Yes catapult is not recruitable after researching the right tech. Is a bug!
    It looks like the Shield Effectiveness bonus from the Lumberjack trait is not being applied in all cases.

General with the trait:

No bonus to shield stats for units under his command:

A save game is attached.
  • billybob1billybob1 Posts: 44Registered Users

I ran into an instance of a trait being gained by a wife instead of her husband:

Selecting the character information screen associated with the trait showed the wife as a statesman and her husband in the wife spot. As far as I can tell the negative effects of this particular trait aren't actually being applied anywhere normally visible since I don't think it is normally possible to see the wife's character details screen like this.

I have the save game attached.

I could have sworn I saw that the other day, but didn't screenshot it.. so I'm not going mad. I don't even have +5 to axe and sword melee skill. Odd seeing the guy as the wife. Maybe CA are introducing gender non-binary characters?