Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Allegiance Update Beta and interview with game director Jack Lusted

13»

Comments

• Jack_Lusted_CAJack_Lusted_CA Creative Assembly Brighton, UKPosts: 1,346Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Still, a few points of loyalty can make a huge difference and as said would make late game easier, not harder.

Making such large changes to battlemaps is not planned.
    Game Director - Thrones of Britannia

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 1,166Registered Users
    Hi jack,

Pitty that how vassals work can’t be changed but understandable.

Is there any chance that you will be expanding the campaign map for example to parts of France/Europe as part of a next dlc? Expanding the timeframe, research and such. Or is this out of the question currently?

In general would like to know if you will be expanding on tob after the allegiance update has been finalized.
  • MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,145Registered Users
    edited July 2018
    @Jack_Lusted_CA

Do you intend to fix, units can't properly climb up Siege Tower, in this patch? I saw several complaint about this for awhile.

Other thing I need to ask, Could you make units more varied in terms of ability and skill? Why units have to stuck with "Shield Castle" "Expert Charge Defense" "Disciplined" and few ability sets?

Oh, I forgot. This patch and new change is great. Thank for hard work and fight for us. :)
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• kinjokinjo Senior Member Posts: 1,610Registered Users
    Is this a new shield size for the Scots in the blog pic? Realy wish there was a medium round shield size in the game that was in between the large Saxon/Viking shield and the small Irish buckler.

• Total_War_VeteranTotal_War_Veteran Posts: 446Registered Users

Still, a few points of loyalty can make a huge difference and as said would make late game easier, not harder.

Jack, you said that there will be 2nd beta before. Can you tell us what's it about ? Is it still about Allegiance or is it entirely new feature ?
    Full support for CA and CA_Ella
  • Jack_Lusted_CAJack_Lusted_CA Creative Assembly Brighton, UKPosts: 1,346Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff

Jack, you said that there will be 2nd beta before. Can you tell us what's it about ? Is it still about Allegiance or is it entirely new feature ?
    We'll be revealing what's in the 2nd beta when we update the current beta with it.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • tak22tak22 Senior Member Posts: 2,386Registered Users

We'll be revealing what's in the 2nd beta when we update the current beta with it.
    Not asking for anything like a precise ETA, but on a scale from 'soon' to 'soon (TM)' what are we looking at? And will there be any subsequent updates to the beta (not just tweaks etc.)? I'm holding off for the final version of the beta since I don't have a lot of time to play, and don't want things to change a bunch mid-campaign.
  • Total_War_VeteranTotal_War_Veteran Posts: 446Registered Users
    tak22 said:

Not asking for anything like a precise ETA, but on a scale from 'soon' to 'soon (TM)' what are we looking at? And will there be any subsequent updates to the beta (not just tweaks etc.)? I'm holding off for the final version of the beta since I don't have a lot of time to play, and don't want things to change a bunch mid-campaign.
    This very reason is why I hold up purchasing until the update is fully released, well along with a sale :P if possible. Well, hopefully it won't be really until late August but sometime before it..
    Full support for CA and CA_Ella
  • ThePoshBarbarianThePoshBarbarian Posts: 42Registered Users
  • tak22tak22 Senior Member Posts: 2,386Registered Users

Well speak of the devil, and he shall appear!

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/allegiance-update-beta-2

Indeed! I figured something like this would happen when I asked, usually does … but then I'd been wanting to ask for a while, so I thought I'd go for it anyway. Oh well … :tongue:
  • PileOBonesPileOBones Posts: 25Registered Users
    I mentioned in the Beta announcement thread that I'm still seeing single unit AI stacks roaming about.

I'm going to try and attach a screen shot and saved game as per Jack Lusted's suggestion.

No mods loaded BTW. This is on Beta 2. Saw it yesterday in a Mide campaign and today in a Dyflin campaign (both screenshot and save game are from today).
  • PileOBonesPileOBones Posts: 25Registered Users
    An example of war fervour still popping up as a reward for completing a mission (playing as West Seaxe)
  • the_real_weedthe_real_weed Member Posts: 238Registered Users
    Jack i´ve a short question regarding the family name system in Rome 2. When i play Thrones i see that my royal family is described as "House of...". Is there a way that we also can get a surname System to Thrones? Or does it not fit the time period ?

Still waiting for the full release to start playing thrones again :).

Jack i´ve a short question regarding the family name system in Rome 2. When i play Thrones i see that my royal family is described as "House of...". Is there a way that we also can get a surname System to Thrones? Or does it not fit the time period ?

Most of the cultures covered on the map didn't have surnames. Where a second name is shown, it is as "son of x", so you'll see Welsh kings described as 'Anaraut map Rodri' for example, Anaraut son of Rodri. Same system was used for Gaelic factions. English didn't have them, and for the Viking related kingdoms their surnames were also in a 'son of x' system, so changed every generation.

Most of the cultures covered on the map didn't have surnames. Where a second name is shown, it is as "son of x", so you'll see Welsh kings described as 'Anaraut map Rodri' for example, Anaraut son of Rodri. Same system was used for Gaelic factions. English didn't have them, and for the Viking related kingdoms their surnames were also in a 'son of x' system, so changed every generation.
    Ah, ok. I ike the system but if it doesn´t fit ... Thanks
    Another Question regarding the update for Rome 2: Can we get the same information by hovering over dead characters? "died at 80 years during battle"