Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Proposal/Speculation: Warriors of Chaos will be a headliner race of game 3

2»

Comments

• DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 7,901
    edited July 2018

So instead of a new race like we've gotten in every game we would get one that is already mostly complete and have had since release. And you want me to be happy about that?

Screw that! I'm tired of chaos fans trying to get game 3 to have less content. It's honestly a bit insulting to anyone who isn't a chaos fan.

We aren't "trying to get game 3 to have less content". That isn't possible. CA already has their plans we can't influence them to completely change the lineup of the next game's factions.

People are just speculating what could happen. Having the 4th race be a completely revamped WoC would make sense actually since they weren't intended to be playable in Game 1 originally which is why they are so bare bones.
    According to the 'what are the teams doing' blogpost, they're in preproduction and planning NOW. So this is actually probably around the best time for the community to get its opinion heard.

I'm sure they had a vague outline before, but now is the time they're working out the details and setting them in stone.
  • SteamageSteamage Registered Users Posts: 663
    I would be glad if the Chaos Warrior get back their place as a game 3 race.

So the fantasy Russians end up as DLC.
  • Horus38Horus38 Registered Users Posts: 929

Surge_2 said:

Surge_2 said:

Cathay is not even remotely realistic.

Yes they are. We have descriptions of around 20 units and 2 LLs to create their roster from, and any map of the Darklands and the mountains of mourn can be scaled to fit them in.

No matter what the plans are for game 3, I suspect they will likely be in eventually as DLC.
    Not really. Look at what was lost in the vortex to mortal empires map translation.

Cathay is not remotely realistic.

Daemons
    Ogres
    Chaos Dwarves
    Kislev
    Hobgoblins
    Updated WoC
    Legion of Mono God Chaos
    Vampires Subfaction
    Nagash

All of those are more possible than Cathay, and it's not close.
    You don't know what you're talking about if you think the Hobgoblin Khanate is more likely or has more lore and units than Cathay. (And that's coming from someone who'd love to see the Khanate fleshed out.)

Besides, considering how much land they squeezed into Game 2, there really isn't a reason why Game 3's map couldn't include Cathay or even all of the Far East if CA and GW feel really ambitious.

The only possible issue with Cathay besides fleshing them out more is Game 3's combined map.
    I would straight up **** myself if the final combined map looked anything like that as far as game 3 content.
    Horus38 said:

Surge_2 said:

Surge_2 said:

Cathay is not even remotely realistic.

Yes they are. We have descriptions of around 20 units and 2 LLs to create their roster from, and any map of the Darklands and the mountains of mourn can be scaled to fit them in.

No matter what the plans are for game 3, I suspect they will likely be in eventually as DLC.
    Not really. Look at what was lost in the vortex to mortal empires map translation.

Cathay is not remotely realistic.

Daemons
    Ogres
    Chaos Dwarves
    Kislev
    Hobgoblins
    Updated WoC
    Legion of Mono God Chaos
    Vampires Subfaction
    Nagash

All of those are more possible than Cathay, and it's not close.
    You don't know what you're talking about if you think the Hobgoblin Khanate is more likely or has more lore and units than Cathay. (And that's coming from someone who'd love to see the Khanate fleshed out.)

Besides, considering how much land they squeezed into Game 2, there really isn't a reason why Game 3's map couldn't include Cathay or even all of the Far East if CA and GW feel really ambitious.

The only possible issue with Cathay besides fleshing them out more is Game 3's combined map.
    I would straight up **** myself if the final combined map looked anything like that as far as game 3 content.
    Honestly, I don't think the green area is likely. However, it does express a point: that the area of Game 2 encompasses so much real estate that it does seem possible to include more than just the Dark Lands in game 3.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 1,752
    The rightmost edge of the red shape?

Draw that straight towards the word Eastern in Eastern Steppe, that's what we get.
    Surge_2 said:

The rightmost edge of the red shape?

Draw that straight towards the word Eastern in Eastern Steppe, that's what we get.

That would make it the smallest non-minicampaign map, and the density of landmarks that can be made into settlements is more like that of Naggaroth than the Old World.
    edited July 2018
    Oh I meant more for the combined map. For the mini game, I anticipate it will be the Darklands on the left, going down to include the jungle that is currently Kroq-Gar's, with room for Nagash, and the left edge will be some Dwarf holds. Up to the north west, Kislev, including the Northern Steppe/Wastes (Norsca/Marauder, Hobgoblins if we are lucky) and then a large part of the mountains of mourn.

That still has scope for nearly every race, and the 'density' is up to what CA does with the map.

It can easily cover the same area as Game 1, and since we lost a bunch in Game 2 when it went to the Mortal Empires map...I dont really care if the mini game map is large.

Something like this easily.

And then simply look at the scope possible in just the Mountains.

Simple.

edited July 2018
    Wasn't intending to post to this thread just yet (phone playing tricks on me, I think), but I would be planning to post here at some stage. Rather than going to the effort of having this deleted, let me actually type up a proper post and come back to it...

Okay. Here goes:

The Ogre Kingdoms map has the advantage of being an 8E map, which are as a group a lot more detailed than most of the maps in previous editions. Actual settlements are likely to be the yellow dots rather than the tribal markers, but there's enough there for the Mountains of Mourn to have about as much content as Naggaroth or Lustria.

The Dark Lands, however, are fairly empty... and are similarly empty in the fluff. CA has, historically, handled 'empty' regions by compressing them - see, for instance, how the Game 2 continents have been shrunk in area compared to the Old World for the Mortal Empires map. All up, the map area you suggest would probably have roughly half the content of the Vortex map.

You could possibly just add the Old World in on the side instead of the eastern Southlands region, and have a map that is not too much larger than the Vortex map... while still covering a much smaller area according to the fluff than the Vortex map covers.

And that's pretty much the crux of the issue with "but that would make things too large" arguments. The Vortex map region literally covers half of the Warhammer world, albeit with some twisting and some wide open spaces being compressed into something more manageable. Given that precedent, it is very reasonable that the Game 3 map can stretch into the Far East if CA is so inclined.

Now, appending that much onto the final combined map may be an issue. However, systems may be able to handle the larger map by then.
    Post edited by Draxynnic on
    I'm not going to argue that the map wouldnt be smaller than the Game 2 additions, it would have to be since they added what amounts to probably 3 x the size of Game 1. I do believe that the Game 3 map would be far closer to Game 1, and could easily match the number of settlements/provinces, depending on if they go north, or how much of the Kislev/Jungle area's they include.

Far East is simply not going to happen. In fact, I bet looking at my first map, if that was 'modernized' it would have the potential to match game 1 easily.