Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

[BUG] Opposing parties never propose marriage

happycompyhappycompy Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 355
edited July 2018 in Ancestral Update Support
The tooltip in game for the wife ancillary slot still says that wives can be proposed by opposing political parties, as it was pre-Empire Divided. However, since ED, I have never once had an opposing party offer a marriage. Have political marriages initiated by opposing parties been removed from the game? I hope not, but if so, the tooltip appears to be outdated.

One more question: do characters receive random marriage offers as it was in Attila, unrelated to political parties (the code appears to be there in campaing_variables)? Or must marriages always be initiated by the player?

Thank you!

HappyCompy's Rome 2 video emporium

Completed Campaigns:
ETW: Italian States, Mughal Empire

Shogun 2: Uesegi, Date, Shoni

Rome II: Rome, Venetii, Bastarnians, Pontus, Athens

Attila: Franks (minor), Vandals (cultural)

Comments

• epic_159733062650ipC6PXfepic_159733062650ipC6PXf Member Registered Users Posts: 348
    Getting marriage proposals from not just other political parties but other nations would be neat. Right now is kind of a flat action. you do it cehck the bonuses/penalties and go on.

• Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 4,159
    I reckon the other parties should be able to use all the intrigue options available to the player. Not just Political Marriage, but Insult, Praise, Gather Support, Embezzle Funds, even Secure Promotions for themselves.
  • happycompyhappycompy Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 355

I reckon the other parties should be able to use all the intrigue options available to the player. Not just Political Marriage, but Insult, Praise, Gather Support, Embezzle Funds, even Secure Promotions for themselves.

I agree
    HappyCompy's Rome 2 video emporium

Completed Campaigns:
    ETW: Italian States, Mughal Empire

Shogun 2: Uesegi, Date, Shoni

Rome II: Rome, Venetii, Bastarnians, Pontus, Athens

Attila: Franks (minor), Vandals (cultural)