Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Blood Queen of Har Ganeth, The Shadow King of Nagarythe or The Everqueen of Ulthuan

DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,361
Hello friends !

I am sorry for the long title, but all 3 deserve there proper title to be written down.

It has been a while now since we got the new DLC, and now its time to judge it, praise it, criticism it and most of all, keep enjoying it.

Who goes your vote to ?

Crone Hellebron ; the Blood Queen of Har Ganeth, High Priestess of Khaine

Queen Alarielle the Radiant, Protector and Everqueen of mighty Ulthuan

or

Alith Anar, the Shadow King of Nagarythe, bane of all Druchii

My personal vote goes to my queen, Alarielle the radiant.

Why ? because she to me reminds me of the Fay Enchantress, with happens to be my all time favorite legendary hero for Warhammer total war.

The immense role-play value she brings to the field is amazing !! Her character feels VERY very invested and her skills and magic are awesome. Playing as a support lord is something else for once :) Very enjoyable.

Minor - point is the fact I wish she had 1 more offensive spell. I understand it though, but a little bit more firepower would serve her well in my eyes, and on top of that, she is anathema to anything corrupted, so she better bring something along to back that up ^^

Anyways, a VERY VERY different kind of DLC then the others, something completely new. Interesting ! for sure, but, to me, one of the weaker DLC's brought out for Warhammer total war 1&2. I know its due to the fact its also a lord pack, and not something as huge as lets say a campaign pack with brings more to the table.

I praise this DLC for the nice invested characters it brings to the field, together with the unique mechanics. Its a nice addition to the campaign in general. Awesome !

I would say I give it a 7/10. What you guys think ? please let me know !

PS

Mention worthy, the price for this DLC was truly surprising. I thought it was a fair deal to say the least !
Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor

Comments

• KandennKandenn Registered Users Posts: 465
    Considering your love for the fay, take Alarielle, she is truly enjoyable !

I'm sure you will have a blast with Her. Her mechanics are good and Her start position give you a lot To do.

For me it's the best lord pack we got. By far better than G&G and slightly better than K&W. The only thing i miss is white lion chariot for HE.

Anyway, play Alarielle, she is amazing!
  • NemotheelfNemotheelf Registered Users Posts: 752
    Alarielle. I have a weakness for characters that seem weak, passive, and harmless when they're actually some of the most powerful and dangerous beings in the world when the die is cast.

Like sure, she's nice, she likes fuzzy woodland creatures, and she spends most of her time holding parties and ceremonies. She's also one of the few beings that can combat Chaos itself directly just by existing.

Mechanically, I loved playing the Wood Elves and it's nice seeing that nod in the lore by letting her have Forest Spirits on top of her Handmaidens and Sisters; it's a mostly solid combination, and I enjoy using and applying magic.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 3,098
    edited July 2018
    I liked the Hellebron campaign the most.
  • HarkovastHarkovast Registered Users Posts: 1,763
    Yeah I found Hellebron really fun.
    For The Lady, for Manann, for Bordeleaux!
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 742
    I like Hellebron as a lord and her campaign is really aggressive to start with but I got a bit fed up of the blood voyage after a while. They ended up doing nothing and they take ages to get anywhere.

Alarielle while I haven't played her campaign too much as I was a bit bored of playing elfs, is my favourite high elf lord. Her campaign effects really make you try and keep ulthuan alive, plus the wood spirts and sisters make for a really nice cross between high elfs and wood elves. As a lord she is one of the better casters,loads of magic plus being able to spam earth blood is quite nice and she has really good mobility with the eagle.

Sisters of Averlorn and their lascannons for the win!
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Registered Users Posts: 5,211
    The price was good, the content was not. Just too few and uninteresting units. It should have been more ambitious.
  • HarlecHarlec Registered Users Posts: 308
    Alith Anar, great lore and the stalk mechanic is wonderful.
    It matches his shadow war aproach, story wise hidden encampments would also make sense....
    BUT he is definitly strong enough right now.
  • SteelRoninSteelRonin Junior Member ChileRegistered Users Posts: 731
    Doing Hellebron atm, 160 turns and I still have 2 armies...looks like going to Norsca was a bad idea...too slow...no income, forced to play aggressive due the Blood Night. It is my first time with Dark Elves, and it will be the last time.

No encampment, raiding is the only way to avoid atrittion, no global recruitment....

Maybe I need the Morathi's capital to avoid the chaos corruption, but I started the campaign and all the norscan tribes declared war on me, I had to face them...

Elves.......was a mistake to play with them.....it is better to kill them all.....****ing pointy ears..
  • AnnoyedOneEyedGuyAnnoyedOneEyedGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,080
    edited July 2018

Doing Hellebron atm, 160 turns and I still have 2 armies...looks like going to Norsca was a bad idea...too slow...no income, forced to play aggressive due the Blood Night. It is my first time with Dark Elves, and it will be the last time.

No encampment, raiding is the only way to avoid atrittion, no global recruitment....

Maybe I need the Morathi's capital to avoid the chaos corruption, but I started the campaign and all the norscan tribes declared war on me, I had to face them...

Elves.......was a mistake to play with them.....it is better to kill them all.....****ing pointy ears..

that blood night mechanic is a pain in the ass, unless you have an army raiding someones land or constantly fighting battles Crone is gonna be brittle and debuff the campaign
  • Fear_The_WolfFear_The_Wolf Registered Users Posts: 3,367
    I don't particularly mind the blood night mechanic. Seems a near permanent buff as there is never a reason not to be killing someone. Have troops, will travel. But even still Helebron has the problem of competing with Morathi, who I much prefer campaign wise. So she's out.

Alarielle is boring. Take and hold Ulthuan. What a challenge. Even her travel around visiting buffs mechanic is meh. Feel like I'm not playing a total war game with her, as I spend a lot of time at peace. Peace sucks.

So Alith Anar is the winner for me. Not only is he the one and only High Elf Lord that I somewhat appreciate the lore behind, but skirmish tactics are my favorite tactics. And he does that in spades. Plus he's surrounded by people who want him dead at the very start so I've no reason not to repay in kind. Ambushing and wiping out the Delfs, sometimes rats.

Played a vs campaign between Tretch and him once and that was ackward. Neither of us wanted to go into the others territory for fear of getting ambushed.