Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I think there should be an answer to super-troll skirmishers in MP

GaurdsmanGaurdsman Posts: 23Registered Users
edited July 2018 in Multiplayer
I just played against a highelf player who brought a prince on a star dragon, 2 dragons, some eagles with several reaver archers.

Although I took out pretty much all their eagles, dragons and half of their reaver archers, he just then started taking all his units all the way around the map and avoiding all combats. Then he began to laugh through the chat. I was definitely ahead of him in balance bar but after several minutes of cat and mouse game, the game ended up as a draw.

It is not the first time I meet this kinds of player who just do super trolling skirmishing and just make the game draw when it is likely that he can't win.

I really like this game and glad to play with warhammer fans but these trolls... they are just frustrating.

And if "you" are reading this, please. please don't ruin this game like that.
Post edited by Gaurdsman on

Comments

• ReymReym Posts: 490Registered Users
    Classic and I think I know this guy he always play the same army and always do the same thing when he is loosing.
    Too bad we can't share his name on this forum because of its rules.

Anyway a lot of people have already discuss about plenty of way to prevent those kind of drawkitting but nothing in that order get into the game sadly.
    But is talking about what is appropriate to talk about in this thread appropriate to be talked about in this thread ?
  • GerryGamer7GerryGamer7 Munich, Bavaria | GermanyPosts: 393Registered Users
    I think most of us here know this guy. Put him on your personal black list. If he continues like that he will get dodged more and more often.

I don't dodge him, I have prepared a special cheese just for him! :smile:>:)

MAKE RECORDS MODE THE DEFAULT MODE FOR RANKED GAMES. Period.
    No matter how negative i may sound, i love three kingdoms.
  • haynamshaynams Posts: 267Registered Users
    What would a counter to that look like? Centigors?
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Posts: 1,855Registered Users
    edited July 2018
    haynams said:

What would a counter to that look like? Centigors?

Depending on the race you're bringing...anything that debuffs speed/buffs speed of your own units so you can catch them.

Also, mild artillery spam works too, as you can start to zone off portions of the map, the same way a two rooks 'walk' a king in chess. And their army just simply won't be beefy enough to get to your artillery pieces.

Sadly, you really do have to KNOW that is what you're about to be facing, otherwise your 'hard counter' build will be suboptimal vs anything standard. And contrary to this thread's opinion...it is not just ONE guy. Builds like that are fairly widespread....although there are a few people in the top 100 you can recognize/predictably count on to bring that kinda stuff.
  • eumaieseumaies Senior Member Posts: 4,545Registered Users
    It’s the lack of tie breaker mechanic that really sucks. Bad enough to lose to an all air army but worse if they know they can always play for the draw and waste your time.
  • haynamshaynams Posts: 267Registered Users
    eumaies said:

It’s the lack of tie breaker mechanic that really sucks. Bad enough to lose to an all air army but worse if they know they can always play for the draw and waste your time.

Seems like it would be pretty easy to place an objective point in the center of the battlefield when the timer runs out. Whoever gets 100% control of the objective is the winner. Would force an engagement and the true winner should reflect who is in control of the battlefield.
  • NinjahundNinjahund Posts: 242Registered Users
    Remove skirmish mode from MP, impose unit limits and things would be a lot better. Sadly, CA isn't interested in putting in resources to improve the MP aspect of the game.
  • BrakierBrakier Posts: 1,522Registered Users
    edited July 2018
    should be bannable. after several times.

• cool_ladcool_lad Senior Member IndiaPosts: 2,272Registered Users
    Make fatigue penalties have a greater effect on speed and make running have a greater effect on fatigue.

Your enemy won't be able to run very far and once their units start getting tired, they wont be able to run or fight effectively.

Spamming fast units is unfortunately an overbuffed tactic in this game. Hence the overuse of skirmisher cavalry, the ridiculous dodge meta, the overuse of fast cavalry and monsters and the infantry elite spam.
  • VikingCatVikingCat Posts: 252Registered Users
    Super-Troll Skirmishers? I want this unit. Where do I buy it?

This has very little to do with which kind of build you play, but just with the bad attitude of the players involved.

I give the same advice to everyone: don't play ladder. You get the draw kiters, the counter pickers, the massive cheese armies, the found match bug, the people who instantly ready up and everything else unpleasant about ladder, and for what? A place on a leader board in which you're constantly being cheated out of your points, by people who might be higher up than you because they cheat?

Just open a custom lobby, call it 1v1 or whatever it is you wanna play and wait. You can get good games like that without all the ****.
  • glosskilosglosskilos Posts: 1,169Registered Users
    VikingCat said:

Super-Troll Skirmishers? I want this unit. Where do I buy it?

This has very little to do with which kind of build you play, but just with the bad attitude of the players involved.

I give the same advice to everyone: don't play ladder. You get the draw kiters, the counter pickers, the massive cheese armies, the found match bug, the people who instantly ready up and everything else unpleasant about ladder, and for what? A place on a leader board in which you're constantly being cheated out of your points, by people who might be higher up than you because they cheat?

Just open a custom lobby, call it 1v1 or whatever it is you wanna play and wait. You can get good games like that without all the ****.

True, but doing this ive found im more likely to run into someone who doesnt know how to play and thus have a very one sided game.

Another thing you can do is not let your rank get too high on ladder, because the higher it gets the more likely youre going to run into cheaters. I do this by improvising builds every game and experimenting with less competitive units, which means im inevitably going to lose some games.

You can also just concede the game whenever you encounter these players, as rank means nothing anyways. Then they can get the win they want so bad without even having to play the game for it.
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Posts: 7,958Registered Users
    There is no matchmaking so what your actual rank is has no impact who you might be up against.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Posts: 1,855Registered Users
    In general, custom battles seem to have less hyper-competitive nonsense compared to ladder. Absolutely there is less mass-skirmish builds.

However, there are potentially more 'single entity builds' in custom as some people like to take advantage of custom in order to avoid the unit/hero caps, so there does not seem to be a 100% solution to avoiding cheese.

But yeah, Lotus is correct, whether you're doing ladder or custom, there is no MMR or power-matching system in place. So whether you're going up against a new player or a veteran is 100% random in both modes.
  • glosskilosglosskilos Posts: 1,169Registered Users

There is no matchmaking so what your actual rank is has no impact who you might be up against.

If thats true then i must be very lucky because i dont run into many of these cheesers
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Posts: 7,958Registered Users

If thats true then i must be very lucky because i dont run into many of these cheesers
    it is true, actually not that many people cheese i say its a very very small %, people are just more likely to post about something that cheesed them rather than post games they enjoyed.

I think in last 100 games i had only about 5 i felt they tired cheesing and 4 times it was the same guy...i just enjoy giving him loses so i played him, but i could easly dodged him so it would only been 2 in 100 games.
  • tank3487tank3487 Member Posts: 1,374Registered Users

Draw kiters are quite rare. I met only 1 Bretonian player that draw kitted me in last 100+ games. And all skirmish builds or single entity builds are actually not hard to deal with.

I am more worried to droppers. Do not know it is due to some bug or players quitting but got 3 drops in Friday (the first time such unlucky) and as result dropped from rank 70 to 124.
  • ZerglesZergles Member Posts: 3,011Registered Users
    Reym said:

Classic and I think I know this guy he always play the same army and always do the same thing when he is loosing.
    Too bad we can't share his name on this forum because of its rules.

Anyway a lot of people have already discuss about plenty of way to prevent those kind of drawkitting but nothing in that order get into the game sadly.

Oh. THAT guy. Yeah. He used to do it with Wood Elves. The High Elves came out and he changed it up. He even did a really weird VC build to me last year that I still remember.

I've beat him before. He has a hard time dealing with Beastmen or Wood Elves. Anyone he can't kite.
  • GriffithxiGriffithxi Posts: 516Registered Users
    Gaurdsman said:

I just played against a highelf player who brought a prince on a star dragon, 2 dragons, some eagles with several reaver archers.

Although I took out pretty much all their eagles, dragons and half of their reaver archers, he just then started taking all his units all the way around the map and avoiding all combats. Then he began to laugh through the chat. I was definitely ahead of him in balance bar but after several minutes of cat and mouse game, the game ended up as a draw.

It is not the first time I meet this kinds of player who just do super trolling skirmishing and just make the game draw when it is likely that he can't win.

I really like this game and glad to play with warhammer fans but these trolls... they are just frustrating.

And if "you" are reading this, please. please don't ruin this game like that.

Whatever you do don't talk with the people who do these things. From my experience gaming in many different online games that attract the worst trolling/griefing players like this tend to get a lot of joy and entertainment from eliciting a reaction from people. When there is no reaction eventually they are just wasting 50 minutes with no entertainment for themselves.
  • smartemartesmartemarte Posts: 145Registered Users
    did the same thing to me
  • UniverseBearUniverseBear Posts: 121Registered Users
    They need to get rid of draws. When the timer runs out the person who has more power in the balance bar should get the win. This would get rid of people who kite when losing to get a draw or stalemates (ex: once played GS vs Bret and got to a point where he wouldn't come into my forest because of Calv penalties and I wouldn't leave because I'd get cycle charged to death so we drew. If the person with more power would win it would force an engagement.).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file