Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Regions Controlled -- we need an interface for this

Itharus#3127Itharus#3127 Registered Users Posts: 16,828
You can see that members of the opposing parties control regions, but there is no way to tell a) which regions, or b) WHY they control those reasons.

With no feedback on what is causing the other parties to gain control, there is no way to influence the process at all, which is just a bad experience for the player.

Please add a tooltip that shows which regions are under outside party control, and WHY they are so that we can attempt to minimize this number.

Comments

• RonBurgundy#6586RonBurgundy#6586 Registered Users Posts: 2,355
    I’m pretty sure the regions are assigned randomly and parties gain more land as their party grows in influence.

Correct me if I’m wrong
    Team Mercia

Team Picts

Team WRE
  • HugothesterHugothester Registered Users Posts: 566
    Itharus said:

You can see that members of the opposing parties control regions, but there is no way to tell a) which regions, or b) WHY they control those reasons.

With no feedback on what is causing the other parties to gain control, there is no way to influence the process at all, which is just a bad experience for the player.

Please add a tooltip that shows which regions are under outside party control, and WHY they are so that we can attempt to minimize this number.

You already have an interface to see which regions they control. On the lower right corner of the screen open the map and choose the first option. It was included in the last patch and lets you see which territories belong to which politica lfaction.

You can also see what is causing other parties to gain control. If I remember correctly it depends on the amount of gravitas your faction has vs the gravitas they have, though it could be clearer.
    Biggest Spanish total war youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/hugothester
  • CA_GrimfeldCA_Grimfeld Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Posts: 291
    You are right, number of regions is based on party influence and updates every turn.
  • BoicoteBoicote Registered Users Posts: 825
    I think we should have access to this information in the campaign map itself (not only in the lower right corner button).
    Here is an example:

With this interface, you can easily see that the "green party" is in control of Sicily.
  • ArgonArgon Registered Users Posts: 1,501
    Boicote said:

I think we should have access to this information in the campaign map itself (not only in the lower right corner button).
    Here is an example:

With this interface, you can easily see that the "green party" is in control of Sicily.

This is a wonderful idea
    My favorite factions in TW titles:
    Rome 1 - House of Julii
    Medieval 2 - Milan
    Empire - UK
    Napoleon - France
    Shogun 2 - Tokugawa
    Rome 2 - Macedon
    Attila - Western Roman Empire
    Warhammer - Empire (Karl Franz)
    Three kingdoms - Sun Jian
  • Benjin#3371Benjin#3371 Registered Users Posts: 258
    edited July 2018
    I love that idea, Boicote.

By the way, I think that the icon representing a wreath is being over-used a bit in this update, which can cause some confusion. It's now used to represent:
    • Latin Culture - Red wreath.
    • Enemy Family Member - Red wreath hovers above a family member who is no longer a part of your party. This can be very confusing; when I first saw it, I thought that a character with this above their heads had converted to the "Latin" culture type, but it just simply means that they're not controllable due to not being a part of your party.
    • Faction Leader - White wreath with a purple circle behind it.
    • Family Leader - White wreath with a yellow / orange circle behind it.
    • Family Heir - White wreath with a blue circle behind it.
    • Party Leaders - Yellow wreath.
    • Political Action Modifier - White wreath with red (negative) or green (positive) circles behind it.
    It might be a good idea to give the "Enemy Family Member" a different icon - maybe a black wreath with a red circle behind it? Or give the "Latin" culture a new symbol, such as a red eagle? It would definitely help UI readability and avoid any confusion - the wreath should now solely belong to politics.
    Post edited by Benjin#3371 on

Currently working on a whole lot more, stay tuned.
  • RonBurgundy#6586RonBurgundy#6586 Registered Users Posts: 2,355
    I would love to have visual icons of who my faction leader and heir is on the campaign map, including what parties each general is in. That would be such a huge help
    Team Mercia

Team Picts

Team WRE
  • epic_159733062650ipC6PXfepic_159733062650ipC6PXf Registered Users Posts: 348
    @Boicote is that a mod? or a photoshop edited screeenshot?

Benjin said:

By the way, I think that the icon representing a wreath is being over-used a bit in this update, which can cause some confusion. It's now used to represent:

• Enemy Family Member - Red wreath hovers above a family member who is no longer a part of your party. This can be very confusing; when I first saw it, I thought that a character with this above their heads had converted to the "Latin" culture type, but it just simply means that they're not controllable due to not being a part of your party.
    It might be a good idea to give the "Enemy Family Member" a different icon - maybe a black wreath with a red circle behind it? Or give the "Latin" culture a new symbol, such as a red eagle? It would definitely help UI readability and avoid any confusion - the wreath should now solely belong to politics.
    It was just an example. Perhaps this would be more appropriate:

BTW, in the family tree menu, Gravitas and faction influence use both the same icon.

The faction influence should be something like this:

• ArgonArgon Registered Users Posts: 1,501
    Boicote said:

BTW, in the family tree menu, Gravitas and faction influence use both the same icon.

I agree on this too :)
    My favorite factions in TW titles:
    Rome 1 - House of Julii
    Medieval 2 - Milan
    Empire - UK
    Napoleon - France
    Shogun 2 - Tokugawa
    Rome 2 - Macedon
    Attila - Western Roman Empire
    Warhammer - Empire (Karl Franz)
    Three kingdoms - Sun Jian
  • Benjin#3371Benjin#3371 Registered Users Posts: 258
    edited July 2018
    Boicote said:

Benjin said:

It was just an example. Perhaps this would be more appropriate:

I was just generally raising an issue to CA about UI readability, but yes I think that maybe the party(?) symbol might be a better fit for that.
    Boicote said:

Yes, I agree with this also. Can be a bit confusing to read sometimes.

@Boicote is that a mod? or a photoshop edited screeenshot?

Photoshop.

Currently working on a whole lot more, stay tuned.
  • Itharus#3127Itharus#3127 Registered Users Posts: 16,828

Itharus said:

You already have an interface to see which regions they control. On the lower right corner of the screen open the map and choose the first option. It was included in the last patch and lets you see which territories belong to which politica lfaction.

You can also see what is causing other parties to gain control. If I remember correctly it depends on the amount of gravitas your faction has vs the gravitas they have, though it could be clearer.
    Thanks, didn't know that. I can't remember the last time I used the map mode :-/
  • HugothesterHugothester Registered Users Posts: 566
    Itharus said:

Itharus said:

Thanks, didn't know that. I can't remember the last time I used the map mode :-/
    No problem, I also discovered that option recently ;)
    Biggest Spanish total war youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/hugothester