Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A Request for Attila Updates - A Plebeian's Plea

UMCenturionUMCenturion Junior MemberPosts: 14Registered Users
edited July 25 in General Discussion
CA,

I would like to first thank you for the recent support you've provided Rome 2. I, among others are pleasantly welcoming the new updates to improve overall gameplay. Rome 2 has come so far for all the good reasons.

As a member of the Ancient Empires team - Roman Republican era mod for Attila; I would make the plea to have small, but vital updates introduced to Attila.

I noticed that Rome 2 will be getting the family name propagation fixed. It's a small aspect of gameplay that would add so much to the current game. ToB also introduced some new graphical enhancements and fixes. Rome 2 is also running extremely well. Enhancing this would do wonders for already a tremendous game.

Currently we have 23,000 subscribers to the mod on Steam, and many others externally downloading our packs. This is far short of other mods, but for reasons in our control. We have done limited marketing on the mods behalf. We hope, (not to compete with Rome 2 as both games bring two very different playing styles) to bring more Rome 2 players, or players of some of the older games to Attila, that have yet to make such investment. Plans for the mod are only increasing, and these updates would put an exclamation mark on the future of Ancient Empires, and success of the franchise. Supporting all relevant games in the series can only help.

In conclusion to my case, I am happily pre-purchasing the new DLC campaign Rise of the Republic. You have increased my customer loyalty with Total War, with the recent updates to Rome 2. I truly thank you for that.

Keep up the good work.

-UMC

Comments

• joysongjoysong Posts: 1Registered Users
    i fully support this request and hope it will be fixed for Attila
  • PetelliusPetellius Senior Member Lancaster UKPosts: 209Registered Users
    Attila could definitely do with some love. The performance especially is severely hampering the game.

Please consider the above plea.
    Thanks,
    Petellius
    Petellius
    Battle Balancing and BAI for Ancient Empires, a Rome 2 and Attila overhaul.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2095-Antiqua-Imperium-(AI)

My youtube channel
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP_fJ0qji1DnEC9FFIWr22Q
  • DestinyCalls1312DestinyCalls1312 Posts: 5Registered Users
    THIS is very important ca, we all love the current modding that has been done in attila and seeing rome 2 getting such love really craves our inner desire for some love too. The current potential for attila is huge since 1212 ad is also working on a cpaign to be released end of this year, attila is going to blow up and giving it some fixing would do wonders.
  • HaxoTheHunterHaxoTheHunter Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users, Smiley
    I would very much like to see Attila receiving some love!

Such a brilliant game that missed out from fame by thematic and timing reasons.

Attila 4 lyf
  • SeiyaSeiya Junior Member Posts: 14Registered Users
    yes this game need serious work for once, give some love to attila
  • kevin000040kevin000040 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I would also like to see the family tree fixed in attila, please support ancient empires efforts
  • Greq7Greq7 Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited October 27
    Dear CA Every person who also liked this mod supports the plea. --> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1451481469
    (already

1500 people signed

in and counting...)

We have payed lots of money for this game +DLC's and most likely we will pay you more for creating DLC that would repair these issues.

I will help spread the word. I 100% support this plea!
    - Attila needs graphical and optimisation update
    - Attila needs more fps
    - Attila needs speeeed!

ps. Attila needs some bug removal and overall polishing balance update but leave stuff that can be modded and focus on things that we have no access to please :wink:
    Post edited by Greq7 on
  • Philip SheridanPhilip Sheridan Junior Member Posts: 26Registered Users
    Just reiterating my thoughts from a similar thread Attila is a stunning title in its own right, and small but significant improvements like suggested in the original post would go a long way to truly make it excellent. Appreciate the long term support for titles like Rome II and Warhammer (even though I don't play the latter myself).
  • DrSlothDrSloth Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    There is a lot of bugs when it comes to Attila, I have been playing quite a lot recently and have spotted a lot of bugs with the A.I, when they siege your castle and they have additional forces coming they just drop the siege equipment and the A.I commands them to go to their reinforcements and then they sit outside of my gates for the rest of the game or the A.I gets confused and it starts to tell his units to do a little wiggle outside my gates (even if my settlement has opened gates/walls) and they clump up together leaving me to wait those 60 minutes because there is no way I'm losing my settlement over a silly bug that should've been fixed ages ago, although this only happened when I played against the Huns. The lighting is too bright on the campaign map and when I use my recommended graphics it will lag horribly on the campaign map (like 5-7 fps)
  • prince_blucherprince_blucher Member Posts: 65Registered Users
    +1 I support this request fully. Ancient Empires is a very very special mod, a delight, and one well worth the wait. It's worth supporting because both Attila and AE deserve an equal place in the TW family.
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
    Display Memory: 4042 MB
  • NoxapaloozaNoxapalooza Posts: 3Registered Users
    I’d like to pile on an say some love for Attila would be greatly appreciated. It is by far my favorite TW but even so it has issues that can be fixed. Help me CA, you’re my only hope
  • HerrickHerrick Posts: 121Registered Users
    I fully support this idea.

Also, many people want a Rise of Islam DLC.
  • Kmc2958Kmc2958 Posts: 2Registered Users
    I approve this plea. I would buy all the DLC. Also the mod OP is referencing is absolutely fantastic and should be a standard CA should consider holding themselves too (instead of the gimmicks they rely on).
  • A2O2A2O2 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I have more than a 1000 hours on Attila, and I'm still enjoying it, despite performance issues, I will still be playing it more and more. I Would love to see an update coming to Attila. So I totally agree with your plea.
  • OriGummyOriGummy Posts: 1Registered Users
    CA, I love Total War series, and with the release of Attila, I fell in love with the late Antiquity/Dark Age eras. I fully support this endeavor. Please, CA, hear our plea! :D
  • Alex250Alex250 Posts: 2Registered Users
    +1 Please CA fix optimization issues of Attila. It is unplayable, I play Warhammer 2 with all settings in ultra so is very annoying I cannot play Attila in any graphic setting.
  • will1467will1467 Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    + 1 I agree with this, Attila is my most played Total War title, it is an amazing game and deserves love.
  • LolongLolong Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited July 29
    +1 I support this!, They already did with the Rome 2, now it is the turn of the Attila!. This game (which is my favorite of the saga) needs a global update, lacks love and passion!!!. It is a good game and has a future (and more with a TOTAL update).
    Attila will rise from the bottom of the earth!!!
    -Unit rebalancing: Tier 1/2/3. More than anything Tier 1 units that are a terrible disgusting, and even more so in AGE OF CHARLEMAGNE.
    -TOTAL optimization.
    -A much more polished and deep family tree (such as Rome or much better).
    -When you play sieges or when you arm a ball of units the FPS become crazy!
    -The "crazy" IA: even if there is a good system of diplomacy sometimes enemies are somewhat unpredictable, doing things meaningless or not taking advantage of all possible advantages.
    -Visual Bug Polishing among others.
    -Would be good a new DLC of the Viking invasions, Rise of Islam, etc.
    Come on CA, don't let a big game die that easy!
    something I forgot.
    Nerf to the towers of the settlements, how is it possible that four towers do a damage to your army?

Post edited by Lolong on
  • the_real_weedthe_real_weed Member Posts: 215Registered Users
    +1 ->Give us some Answer at least !
  • DieselfaceDieselface Member Posts: 44Registered Users
    +1 I'd love to see Attila get some love. Or at least give us an answer on why not.
  • ESKEHLESKEHL Senior Member Posts: 478Registered Users
    I agree! Attila is probably one of my favorite TW games, and absolutely one of the best titles CA have released. However, latest developments in the TW universe actually highlights the changes that could be made to this otherwise excelllent game.
  • rbturbtu Posts: 1Registered Users
    +1 I hope they will fix Attila too. I love atmosphere and period in that game.
    Playing ToB, I realise that if CA Sofia takes on Attila next, then the the UI in Attila would be worth revisiting with inspiration from ToB when they do it.

Attila has it`s province system so no point in changing that. But at least make the objective, treasury and faction screens as intuitive as those in ToB (faction screen is even better now with alleigience update). And also I would really like the province building screen in the centre a bit smaller.

• drogdrog Posts: 1Registered Users
    I fully support this request.

I hope TT Attila will get optimized.

• Alex6472Alex6472 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I also support this request.

I’d love for attila to be optimized like Rome 2 is. It would also be nice too see more dlc’s come to attila also, such as a dlc in the medieval times or pre-medieval times. Something like the Rise of Islam using the grand campaign map.
  • OktarOktar Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited July 27
    Hi!

Me too join.
    • repair broken achivments
    • rebalance the huns when IA lead them. The huns are incredible Strong.
    • optimize the game
    Post edited by Oktar on
    Yeah, I think that would have been awesome, a "Rise of Islam" DLC, but I would probably call it something else not to tie to much to religion. But the post Muhammed arab expansion grand campaign would be an awesome DLC!

A note on that is that it could perhaps be an updated GC map for both the regular GC and the new one. I would love to see some more regions in certain parts of the current map. Some cultures are just stucked in a corner of the map with only 2-3 other factions opposing them, before they reach either the heart of Europe and those factions or meet any of the big players such as the romans or sassanids. For example the norse culture have three settlements in a vast territory, and some cultures are really forgotten. Foir example in you have swedes and gutes in that part of the world as well as danes, geats and jutes. The same thing I feel can be seen in the "desert kingdoms" part of the world or in Celts or in the slavs.

So my suggestion is simple, add some more regions and provinces to the map and some extra factions. They don`t necissarily need to be playable though
  • texoman81texoman81 Senior Member Posts: 157Registered Users
    edited July 27
    First i want to second the sentiments of this request, then expand on the current state of the historical total war community. I was both surprised and thankful for the renewed attention showed to Rome II. I am especially looking forward to Rise of Rome DLC next month. Rome II is the first and only game i have ever preordered or bought the collectors edition of. Like many others i was sorely disappointed in the initial release and went back to R1 and M2 mods for what R2 was missing. Attila was actually a step forward in many ways, but suffered from the frustration and disillusionment of historical tw community as we watched more and more fantasy element seep in while the game seemed to become less moddable. I skipped over all the TW games since R2, as have many in the community. Its sad but there are currently more people playing R1 and M2 than Attila. I was only recently induced to buy Attila with the release of Ancient Empires. I've come to realize that Attila is actually the best platform for a Hellenistic period mod, and could be even better with some modest updates. I believe Attila represents the biggest opportunity for both CA and the modding community.

Currently the two sticking point keeping most players on older platforms is missing settlements and too few building slots. The ideal situation would be to have the campaign map and building chains be as moddable as they used to be. This would open total war back up to the wide range of mods to be found on R1 and M2. This range of mods sells your game to entirely different fan bases that would have no interest in the vanilla game. Barring that, it would be almost as good for us who focus on Hellenistic period to simply get a more detailed grand campaign map and a few more building slots. This goes for both R2 and Atillia, and Attila could definitely use the kind of attention that R2 has already gotten. CA has turned a corner again, this time for the better. R2 mods now represent the best total war experience and Attila has the potential to surpass them. Overall i have to say this is the most excited i have been for the future of total war since the build up to R2. I actually have preordered Rise of Rome! I really hope the TW modding community can bring most of the disgruntled former members and those who reverted back to older game into the future with us and fully realize the potential of the new generation of tw games, especially Attila.
  • frozenmenbgfrozenmenbg Senior Member Posts: 756Registered Users
    CA already said in the forums or in one of their blogs that this is the last DLC for Rome 2 months ago and they will go to another project/game.Probably Attila or a Saga title.
    This is my +FrozenmenBG+'s Collector's Rome 2 Overhaul Mod Pack Edition In top 8 Highest voted Mod compilations for Rome 2 in the Steam Workshop.

Check out The Barbarian Invasions - Overhaul Mod for the Grand Campaign with 8 New Starting dates(395ad-681ad) mod coming soon to TW: Attila. It adds several new factions to the game with their unique rosters .
  • the_real_weedthe_real_weed Member Posts: 215Registered Users
    texoman81 said:

First i want to second the sentiments of this request, then expand on the current state of the historical total war community. I was both surprised and thankful for the renewed attention showed to Rome II. I am especially looking forward to Rise of Rome DLC next month. Rome II is the first and only game i have ever preordered or bought the collectors edition of. Like many others i was sorely disappointed in the initial release and went back to R1 and M2 mods for what R2 was missing. Attila was actually a step forward in many ways, but suffered from the frustration and disillusionment of historical tw community as we watched more and more fantasy element seep in while the game seemed to become less moddable. I skipped over all the TW games since R2, as have many in the community. Its sad but there are currently more people playing R1 and M2 than Attila. I was only recently induced to buy Attila with the release of Ancient Empires. I've come to realize that Attila is actually the best platform for a Hellenistic period mod, and could be even better with some modest updates. I believe Attila represents the biggest opportunity for both CA and the modding community.

Currently the two sticking point keeping most players on older platforms is missing settlements and too few building slots. The ideal situation would be to have the campaign map and building chains be as moddable as they used to be. This would open total war back up to the wide range of mods to be found on R1 and M2. This range of mods sells your game to entirely different fan bases that would have no interest in the vanilla game. Barring that, it would be almost as good for us who focus on Hellenistic period to simply get a more detailed grand campaign map and a few more building slots. This goes for both R2 and Atillia, and Attila could definitely use the kind of attention that R2 has already gotten. CA has turned a corner again, this time for the better. R2 mods now represent the best total war experience and Attila has the potential to surpass them. Overall i have to say this is the most excited i have been for the future of total war since the build up to R2. I actually have preordered Rise of Rome! I really hope the TW modding community can bring most of the disgruntled former members and those who reverted back to older game into the future with us and fully realize the potential of the new generation of tw games, especially Attila.

So short and sweet: You are +1 ;)