Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

regarding minor settlements (unwalled)

LequintalLequintal Registered Users Posts: 25
Just wondering why you didnt make capture point a win condition as its the case with walled settlements?

Is it so to not limit the fight to the small cramped town center or because you lacked time to implement it ? Just curious

wasnt it the case in early stages of the game years ago btw? cant remember very well

Comments

• ArgonArgon Registered Users Posts: 1,501
    at release there were capture points even in land battles lol, it was removed form minor settlements because people didn't want to be forced to defend the area, aspecialli if you have a cavalry based army or faction, I like how it is now anyway
    My favorite factions in TW titles:
    Rome 1 - House of Julii
    Medieval 2 - Milan
    Empire - UK
    Napoleon - France
    Shogun 2 - Tokugawa
    Rome 2 - Macedon
    Attila - Western Roman Empire
    Warhammer - Empire (Karl Franz)
    Three kingdoms - Sun Jian
  • MorticiaIuniaBruti#8997MorticiaIuniaBruti#8997 Registered Users Posts: 1,740
    Argon said:

at release there were capture points even in land battles lol, it was removed form minor settlements because people didn't want to be forced to defend the area, aspecialli if you have a cavalry based army or faction, I like how it is now anyway

I prefer as it is now too.
  • Benjin#3371Benjin#3371 Registered Users Posts: 258
    edited July 2018
    I'd prefer if the capture point contributed to a battle-wide morale buff like in Attila rather than only within its radius, but other than that it's fine the way capture points behave I think.

Currently working on a whole lot more, stay tuned.
  • Itharus#3127Itharus#3127 Registered Users Posts: 16,835
    Oh boy...

This takes me back to Day 1... capture point discussions... LOL.
  • BoicoteBoicote Registered Users Posts: 825
    edited July 2018
    Argon said:

at release there were capture points even in land battles lol

The capture points were present in land battles ONLY IF an army was intercepted while traveling in forced march. The goal of those battles was to capture the train baggage.
    I liked this feature. However, in release date, the AI didn't know how to use forced march and, because of that, there were too many train baggage battles. There was a riot in the community and CA decided to remove those battles and replaced them with ambush battles.

However, right now the IA is more prudent when using the forced march. I wouldn't mind to see an improved version of train baggage battles back.
    Post edited by Boicote on
    Boicote said:

Argon said:

at release there were capture points even in land battles lol

The capture points were present in land battles ONLY IF and army was intercepted while traveling in forced march. The goal of those battles was to capture the train baggage.
    I liked this feature. However, in release date, the AI didn't know how to use forced march and, because of that, there were too many train baggage battles. There was a riot in the community and CA decided to remove those battles and replaced them with ambush battles.

However, right now the IA is more prudent when using the forced march. I wouldn't mind to see an improved version of baggage train battles back.
    Imporved yes, maybe you have a chance to get ambush or baggage capture but in this case, the baggages should be there, not a capture point (I don't mean a unit but something more concrete)
    Rome 1 - House of Julii
    Medieval 2 - Milan
    Empire - UK
    Napoleon - France
    Shogun 2 - Tokugawa
    Rome 2 - Macedon
  • MorticiaIuniaBruti#8997MorticiaIuniaBruti#8997 Registered Users Posts: 1,740
    I prefer ambush Battles instead of sending cav to victorypoint.

I prefer ambush Battles instead of sending cav to victorypoint.

True
    Rome 1 - House of Julii
    Medieval 2 - Milan
    Empire - UK
    Napoleon - France
    Shogun 2 - Tokugawa
    Rome 2 - Macedon