Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

TWW3 3 (or in general) - Game Master Mode

MisterMister Junior MemberPosts: 32Registered Users
edited August 2018 in Feedback & Suggestions
My idea is simply just a mode called "Game Master Mode" or something like that.

Objective:
The point of this mode is that players are more likely to have their "what if" scenarios to come true AND to overcome the repetitiveness of the game.

What it does:
On the campaign map, from the default settings, players can customize which factions on who owns what regions, each faction relations and how they start out with their armies. And I figure based on the diplomacy that the players customized will set the incentives for the AI to attack the other player.

- An example of repetitiveness, currently on my Warhammer 2, I'm playing as the Dark Elves and I almost conquered all of the regions around Naggarond and I am finally attacking Ulthuan.
What if the player had intentions to fight the Empire from across the sea? They have to go through conquering Naggarond first, then have war with all of the High Elves and then they could FINALLY start having their "what if" scenario if the Empire or what ever faction. This will take approximately 100 turns..

Instead of taking 100 turns to finally to become strong and then having fun with your what if scenario, the Game Master Mode could just make that happen from the start. Also, if you want to have another what if scenario with another race, you would have to do essentially the samething before having your war with that faction.

Go play custom battles instead?:
- I like campaign battles better than custom battles because buildings and lords in campaign has their own unique effects like the Lord's progression system that can make their army stronger and such that you cannot do in custom battles. Custom Battles is just a battle, but this would be more broad, more of an epic scale.

- I would love to see a lot of hypothetical scenarios like the Dark Elves are taking over the world and the High Elves retreated to the Empire for help or the Skaven finally united and storms the world, Empire is evil and wants to rule the world, etc.
Once the player made their settings, they could upload to steam workshop and share it with others :smile:

I don't know if someone already suggested this idea or not, but I thought this would be really cool to add this feature into Warhammer Total War (or in ALL future Total War titles) :smile:

When Warhammer 3 comes, the world will be very large and you have to go through many hoops to have your what if scenario. I think this mode would be perfect.

Comments

• DandalusXVIIDandalusXVII Posts: 4,171Registered Users
    U can attack Empire from the beginning of the game if u want, u can skip HE and attack old world's territories. If u don't want to conquer the surroundings of your starting location just get good to do it fast, built the +pop building in all cities of a province to tech fast. What u say can already be done and is also easier cause the ai isn't prepared for such an attack.
  • ValiantVicValiantVic Posts: 5Registered Users

U can attack Empire from the beginning of the game if u want, u can skip HE and attack old world's territories. If u don't want to conquer the surroundings of your starting location just get good to do it fast, built the +pop building in all cities of a province to tech fast. What u say can already be done and is also easier cause the ai isn't prepared for such an attack.

I think what Mister is suggesting is more of a game mode that allows the player or a player in MP/co-op to be a “Dungeon Master” of sorts that can create custom campaign scenarios with unique starting conditions, such as different factiom starting locations—possibly even randomly generated.

I like the idea.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file