Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: ROME II - Rise of the Republic is out now!

CA_EllaCA_Ella Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 336

The year is 399 BC, and Rome is poised for greatness. However, its very existence balances on a knife-edge. A crossroads in history: a time of threat – and of opportunity.

A time for the republic to rise.

You can find more information on Rise of the Republic – or to purchase it if you haven’t already – here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/850010/Total_War_ROME_II__Rise_of_the_Republic_Campaign_Pack/

Don’t forget that this comes alongside the Ancestral Update – everything about it can be found here: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-rome-ii-ancestral-update-additional-patch-notes

Make sure you opt out of the Ancestral Update beta in Steam and disable all mods before playing - full details of all the mod updates and Mod Filter are on the Total War blog: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/mod-updates-with-rise-of-the-republic

Comments

• slapnut1207slapnut1207 Registered Users Posts: 678
    I will now start playing :)
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

• Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 3,753

As will I.
    edited August 2018

As will I.
    The only bad thing is that we have to wait for the update to finish.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

• AnglocanerAnglocaner Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 40
    Well... After the update the game will not start, as when i tried to install the beta.................................... https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/2189142#Comment_2189142

COME ON, WTF is going on!? @CA_Ella
    Veni, vidi, vici

Well... After the update the game will not start, as when i tried to install the beta.................................... https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/2189142#Comment_2189142

COME ON, WTF is going on!? @CA_Ella

I hope your problem gets solved.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

• lilsweetcaligulalilsweetcaligula Registered Users Posts: 285
    @Anglocaner

Did you opt _out_ of the Ancestral beta?
    My personal favorite Total War games chart:
    I. Attila
    II. Rome II
    III. Napoleon

@Anglocaner

Did you opt _out_ of the Ancestral beta?

No beta and deleted all mods.. All works fine with the version before Ancestral...
    Veni, vidi, vici
    edited August 2018
    @Anglocaner

Could you please try verifying the game's integrity in Steam? It actually does help.
    I. Attila
    II. Rome II
    III. Napoleon

@Anglocaner

Could you please try verifying the game's integrity in Steam? It actually does help.

Already did. It is very strange. Because if I try to open the LAUNCHER without going througe steam then an error message will appear in order to start. Error Message Quote: Can not Start Because MSVCP120.dll was not found. New installation of the program may fix the problem. What is MSVCP120.dll?
    Veni, vidi, vici
    edited August 2018
    @Anglocaner Unless I'm mistaken, MSVCP120.dll is a Microsoft Visual C++ library which many of the applications including games rely on. I would personally try the following options in the same sequence:

- start a thread with the description of your problem here: https://forums.totalwar.com/categories/rise-of-the-republic-support
    - update the GPU drivers (try to launch the game)
    - reinstall the game (try to launch the game again)
    - download an update for Microsoft Visual C++ (see if it works now)
    I. Attila
    II. Rome II
    III. Napoleon

@Anglocaner Unless I'm mistaken, MSVCP120.dll is a Microsoft Visual C++ library which many of the applications including games rely on. I would personally try the following options in the same sequence:

This is the answer! Thank you :)
    Veni, vidi, vici

Great, you found the answer to your problem.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

Glad I could be of help!
    I. Attila
    II. Rome II
    III. Napoleon
  • markonexmarkonex Junior Member ITALIARegistered Users Posts: 131
    Hi all, can we get an updated list of all the changed dB tables as in modding information post about desert kingdoms please?
  • fredericmeyernfredericmeyern Registered Users Posts: 231
    Thanks for the update to Rome II
  • AxelradAxelrad Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 633
    DLC campaign & Ancestral Update are amazing so far. Great work CA Sofia!
  • Polaris600Polaris600 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 30
    The new DLC is great! Playing Rome on hard and it's challenging, which is great :)

If possible CA please give Attila some attention. I also really like that game as well and yes I own all Total War games and nearly all DLC.

Thanks again. You guys rock!
  • AdmiralJelloAdmiralJello Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 513
    Enjoying the snazzy new units and the new voices. The Etruscans are hilarious and very ~fancy~.

I'd like see the Roman forum city center building (called "Capitoline Hill" by the game) in GC. In GC, Roma has an upgradeable city center -- and that's fine -- but I'd really like to see that cool new city center model of the Roman Forum actually used for Roma in GC.
  • BuhyrBuhyr Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 188
    Has the city been improved? New buildings as for Carthage too? Is it bigger it’s a pitty that veyes be a normal custom city without any kind of scalation ( i mean no height no mountain or hill) that city was in a huge hill in reality ,
    Don’t get me wrong I know is it quite difficult doing cities more realistic but to be honest when making publicity is involved they were realistic ( Carthage siege Alfa) , please let at least that modders do it by using TED maps
    Great that you’re working still in Rome 2 but please release TED
  • Tenerife_BoyTenerife_Boy Member Registered Users Posts: 348
    TED is so much hell needed

• sdw1000sdw1000 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 624
    Quick question-?

"Fixed Armenia’s christian religious buildings causing negative public order due to christian cults."

I didn't know Christianity existed before about 100 A.D.. especially in about 270 BC.....are we suddenly reordering the timeline of Jesus Christ?
    I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation. War is hell.
    - William Tecumseh Sherman
    sdw1000 said:

Quick question-?

"Fixed Armenia’s christian religious buildings causing negative public order due to christian cults."

I didn't know Christianity existed before about 100 A.D.. especially in about 270 BC.....are we suddenly reordering the timeline of Jesus Christ?

I think the note was referring to the Empire Divided DLC, set during the Crisis of the IIIrd century.
    I. Attila
    II. Rome II
    III. Napoleon
    edited August 2018
    Gotcha! :)
    I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation. War is hell.
    Might be a dumb question unlike the other one...lol but this does require a new campaign?
  • MemoriaMemoria Registered Users Posts: 2
    Etrucian Elite Hoplites soo strong that when you circle them with 1000 man they are not retreat but my 1000 man did ?
  • euromanijakeuromanijak Registered Users Posts: 3
    Soo i decided to play as Kush in this new patch that came with DLC soo i have a Queen and her husband (both are black) they have a child wich is black and when reaching 16 years of age once black child became white the hell fix this pls xD
    sdw1000 said:

Might be a dumb question unlike the other one...lol but this does require a new campaign?

I am not sure but I think that, yes, for the fixes to work, a new campaign has to be started.
    I. Attila
    II. Rome II
    III. Napoleon
  • fredericmeyernfredericmeyern Registered Users Posts: 231
    sdw1000 said:

They said it will work with old save games, you might have some odd stuff crop up.
  • FornachiariFornachiari Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 30

The new DLC is great! Playing Rome on hard and it's challenging, which is great :)

If possible CA please give Attila some attention. I also really like that game as well and yes I own all Total War games and nearly all DLC.

Thanks again. You guys rock!

Ir!
  • FornachiariFornachiari Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 30
    My family LEADER left and formed a new political party, WTF???I don't think this is right.The politics system really need a change, please :( make it reasonable!
This discussion has been closed.