Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Next TW game after 3K?

ApocticApoctic Posts: 21Registered Users
edited August 10 in Total War General Chat
So ToB sucked.

Rome II and any dlc for Rome II will always suck and it is pathetic they are trying to release DLCs for that abject failure of a total war game.

TW 3K will suck. Lamest most uninteresting setting possible. They have to add fantasy elements out the butt just to make it semi interesting which is stupid.

WH probably only doesn't suck because all the fantasy stuff and unit diversity and factions, basically all the warhammer, covers up how CA hasn't gotten their act together since the failure that was Rome II was released and set the standard for most non-WH TW games.

Attila was OK. OK at best. But no replay value once you beat WRE.

So is there any hope for any TW game after the Chinese cop-out flops? What era are they going to ruin next?

It is just Medieval 3 left for them to ruin on this TW engine before they need another engine right?

Frankly this TW3 engine, sans Shogun, and WH which is it's own island apart from other TWs, has sucked overall. But it isn't even the engine that is to blame but the stream lining and retardation campaign mechanics has become. So I guess we can't hope a new engine would end the steep decline of CA's quality.
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 7,861Registered Users
    edited August 10
    Take note, several people want Alexander still to be made in current game-engine.

Medieval 3 needs to be made in new game-engine.

Hope 3K is the last game that will use the current-engine but expansion might still use it again. What do you think would be the expansion? If it's Genghiz Khan, what would be the Character expansion for Medieval 3?
    Post edited by jamreal18 on
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Posts: 421Registered Users
    edited August 10
    Apoctic said:

So ToB sucked.

Rome II and any dlc for Rome II will always suck and it is pathetic they are trying to release DLCs for that abject failure of a total war game.

TW 3K will suck. Lamest most uninteresting setting possible. They have to add fantasy elements out the butt just to make it semi interesting which is stupid.

WH probably only doesn't suck because all the fantasy stuff and unit diversity and factions, basically all the warhammer, covers up how CA hasn't gotten their act together since the failure that was Rome II was released and set the standard for most non-WH TW games.

Attila was OK. OK at best. But no replay value once you beat WRE.

So is there any hope for any TW game after the Chinese cop-out flops? What era are they going to ruin next?

It is just Medieval 3 left for them to ruin on this TW engine before they need another engine right?

Frankly this TW3 engine, sans Shogun, and WH which is it's own island apart from other TWs, has sucked overall. But it isn't even the engine that is to blame but the stream lining and retardation campaign mechanics has become. So I guess we can't hope a new engine would end the steep decline of CA's quality.

Cry me a river. My advice is come back again in 10 years, you might get what you want then.

Did I say cry me a river?
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 1,132Registered Users
    All I see here is you throwing a temper tantrum because you don't have your perfect Total War. I'll echo talonn here.
  • BreadboxBreadbox Posts: 474Registered Users
    Its ok, we all have moments where we believe what we’d like to believe regardless of reality. Sounding like an insufferable dumbass while doing so, however, is something fairly unique to you.
    Here: I’ll show you your way home : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?759599-The-TW-series-is-dead-Everything-after-Medieval-II-sucks!
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 1,297Registered Users
    Not the sort of guy I'd like to be in charge of arranging a surprise birthday for..
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 15,856Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Folks, this is the Off Topic area, and is a little more open to commentary than other section but let's not forget the Forum Terms & Conditions. One of the points in the T&c is that a member may post in the correct area the relative topic of their choice.

What that means, bottom line, is to not post derogatory remarks about the thread topic or with responding postsw you might disagree with.

Not commenting at all is always a good choice.

Thanks.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • GreenKing1GreenKing1 Senior Member Posts: 542Registered Users
    Empire 2 is what I would like!
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 7,861Registered Users
    edited September 8
    How about Bronze Age Period?

Here are the factions:
    • Egypt
    • Hittite
    • Assyrians
    • Myceneans
    • Sumerians
    • Akkadians