Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CAN MY LAPTOP RUN ROME 2 TOTAL WAR EMPEROR EDITION MEDIUM OR HIGH?

AthosMGMAthosMGM Posts: 1Registered Users
Intel Core i7 3630QM - 2.4 GHz (Turbo Boost to 3.4 ghz) 6 MB

Nvidia Geforce GT 650M DDR3 2GB

8GB DDR3 RAM
Tagged:

Comments

• naishonaisho Senior Member USAPosts: 3,425Registered Users
    edited August 16
    The answer to your question....

On laptops the M series of graphics cards means mobility. They are often stripped down versions of cards. The 650m is pretty bad. Your CPU might be ok but you will struggle with the 650m. You might get lower medium out of it it just depends on the resolution of the screen.

Of course, I am a bit out of touch with Rome system requirements since it has been a while since I thought about it. But this was my quick opinion.

Typically, I do not recommend gaming with anything less than a x70m if you have a mobility card and a x60 if a standard GPU. If you have a 1050 you could do it easily. (But that is outside the scope of your question)
    1---/\__/\
    1=(O-"-O)=/\
    1--- / | | \--/ -|
    1---| \-/ \-_ /
    1--( Neko )

Naisho the Neko

"You have raised assorted issues under what might be termed a “I-don’t-like-it because-I-say-it’s-not-historical” banner. This isn't quite the same as "justified", I'm sorry to say." -MikeB