Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Please remove the 'office given to subordinate' loyalty penalty

cool_ladcool_lad Senior MemberIndiaPosts: 2,272Registered Users
There are 2 reasons why I think that this effect should be removed:-
1. The effect is opaque; it's virtually impossible to determine who is a subordinate of whom and why.
2. There's not enough offices to go around; with only 3 offices available and a penalty associated with anyone being removed from one, it often turns into a lose-lose situation where you can't figure out who should get the office and why(due to point 1) and any removal also nets you a loss of loyalty. Perhaps the number of offices could grow as the kingdom grows.

The whole trait is opaque and adds more frustration than any sort of enjoyment or immersion.

Comments

• Felix_CarnifexFelix_Carnifex Junior Member Posts: 23Registered Users
    I agree with this point completely as there is no indication at all as to who is a subordinate (is it age related?) and sometimes you need to shuffle the office to other characters for loyalty issues or you just want your general to be a governor and he doesn't need the command boosting office.
  • Jack_Lusted_CAJack_Lusted_CA Creative Assembly Brighton, UKPosts: 1,346Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    It's gained by any character of a lower rank than the character in questions gaining an office instead of the character who gets the loyalty penalty. However I can certainly see why this may be unclear, so we will remove this loyalty penalty.

Offices are meant to be limited, a nice way to help character loyalty in the early game but in late game not enough to solve all of them.
    Game Director - Thrones of Britannia

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • kinjokinjo Senior Member Posts: 1,610Registered Users
    Yeah I was wondering how this was determined as well, thanks for clearing this up.
    To clarify, is the penalty is based on the command star rank?

For example, if a character with 4 starts gains the Justicar position over a 7 star character, then the 7 star character will get the 'Office Given to Subordinate' loyalty penalty. If this is the case then I agree with the current system and believe that it should remain as is, with just a simple explanation added to the offices so that players will know what the effects will be of assigning the office to a low rank character.
  • Jack_Lusted_CAJack_Lusted_CA Creative Assembly Brighton, UKPosts: 1,346Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    It's character rank. Command is an attribute and separate from rank, and is the basis for the penalty currently. As said, the penalty is going to be removed.
    Game Director - Thrones of Britannia

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Just realized where character rank is, right under the portrait of the character in the character details panel.
  • MagnusModestusMagnusModestus Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited September 2018

However I can certainly see why this may be unclear, so we will remove this loyalty penalty.

Could you maybe do likewise for Attila?