Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CTD when changing graphic settings; CTD sporatically when in multi-coop campaign

chrisgardner333@gmail.com[email protected] Junior MemberPosts: 6Registered Users
I recently upgraded from 2x HD6950's crossfired in my system:

i5 4690k
Asus Z170-A Mobo
game drive is SSD
750w
16gb DDR3 memory
win 10 64bit

Now I have a singly RX 580 8Gb card. Previously, I could run on ultimate settings, minus AA and Texture filtering, and Smooth shadows. Now everything will run on full settings, but when i play multi-coop campaign now, i get a random CTD with no error code. It usually happens in battles, but sometimes from main campaign map. I would not get this issue with my 6950s, which is odd because their drivers stopped being supported, and i thought having supported drivers this time around would make less issues..... :(

I have also recently noticed, that I cant turn down my texture filtering option! its stuck at x16, when i try to make it x8 (trouble shooting the CTD's) and click apply changes, the whole game crashes to my desktop! Pretty weird. My graphic driver is updated, ive verified my steam files, but nothing seems to work. Any clue what this could be? are the 2 issues related? Does the game make crash dump files when it CTDs, and if so could some one point them to me so i can upload here?

Thank you for your time, please let me know if I can provide any more information.

Cheers

Comments