Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Closed[CLOSED] Wrong result from Massalian Merchants event... er, maybe not?

MigzMigz Senior MemberPosts: 316Registered Users
In the Rome campaign, I was given a choice of merchants to select: Amber, Jewelry, and Wine. I selected Amber, but instead, I received a wine award. Images of selection and result screens below.

UPDATE
Four turns later, I finally received a message about amber. So, maybe the wine message was about something unrelated and occurred the next turn coincidentally? Perhaps the event results should have the same name as the starting event but with a "Part 2" or something so that players know what results come from what events.

Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,492Registered Users
    Yeah, I noticed this myself. I think the events and their results might be staggered several turns apart. So you might choose Amber in the first event, several turns later get a second event, and then on the following turn get the result of the Amber from the first event, making it look like the amber result was from the second event. If that makes sense?
  • MigzMigz Senior Member Posts: 316Registered Users
  • CA_dionisievCA_dionisiev Posts: 167Registered Users, CA Staff
    Hi @Migz @Whiskeyjack_5691 :)

Indeed - we tried reproducing the behaviour you mention and it seems that the awards are correctly set. The payoffs come a few turns later and it is possible for another, seemingly related event, to sneak in between.
    To complicate matters further, there is a software limitation that only one event could be triggered per turn, which may result in a long queue of events. This may delay the payoff event even further...

So basically it seems that the event chain works correctly within the limitations the game has.

Thanks for the report though :)
    Cheers,
    Ivan Dionisiev
    CA Sofia QA Team

FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • BenjinBenjin Junior Member Posts: 256Registered Users
    edited August 2018
    Yeah, I also noticed how there can only be one event triggered per turn - I think it was also present in Shogun 2 and Attila as well. I wish events and their resolutions could happen on the same turn, that way you get instant feedback on the decision you've chosen and allow room for more events to spawn on other turns.

Currently working on a whole lot more, stay tuned.
  • MigzMigz Senior Member Posts: 316Registered Users
    edited August 2018

Indeed - we tried reproducing the behaviour you mention and it seems that the awards are correctly set. The payoffs come a few turns later and it is possible for another, seemingly related event, to sneak in between.
    To complicate matters further, there is a software limitation that only one event could be triggered per turn, which may result in a long queue of events. This may delay the payoff event even further...

So basically it seems that the event chain works correctly within the limitations the game has.

Thanks, @CA_dionisiev. I'm glad that they're working, and I'm sorry for the unnecessary testing.

If I might suggest, keeping consistency in the panel titles from one event stage to another helps players to know that a result panel is for one particular event vs. another. In this case, I feel like there was no way for me to know what either of those results panels was a result for.

Regards
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,492Registered Users
    edited August 2018
    Migz said:

Indeed

we tried reproducing the behaviour you mention and it seems that the awards are correctly set. The payoffs come a few turns later and it is possible for another, seemingly related event, to sneak in between.

Awesome! Good to hear!

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,157Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    I'll put an official Closed prefix and close the thread as it seems the matter is explained.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
This discussion has been closed.