Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ancillary issue: Iolei get +5% research ancillaries (old man, barb philosopher etc.) all the time

wolphyxwolphyx Posts: 43Registered Users
Hello,

this may sound like a minor issue but I found that at least as the Iolei in RotR, my family members get these +5% research ancillaries very often, and I mean VERY often.

Every single character of my family has one of these and they keep popping up, whenever I assign one the next turn I have a new one. (Doesn't help that there are like 3-4 kinds of them, all named differently but with roughly the same bonuses). Upon reaching the victory condition, my great family had like 40 adult members and I could give every one of them an ancillary that boosts the research rate, giving me over +200% research rate excluding any libraries (with libraries, I was at 700% by this point).

Is there any reason why these kind of ancillaries are so common? (category in the down right corner in the character screen) The upper right and down left kind of ancillaries don't spawn half as much.

(Or is it because I assign them, the game thinks "oh you haven't got one of these yet? Here you go!")

Comments

• Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,491Registered Users
    edited August 2018
    I have noticed this myself actually. It doesn't seem to be limited to that particular ancillary either. I had about 5 or 6 identical ones in the ancillaries pool for my characters.
  • CA_dionisievCA_dionisiev Posts: 167Registered Users, CA Staff
    Hi @wolphyx and @Whiskeyjack_5691.

Your observations are correct.

Unfortunately the pool of ancillaries for some factions is not very, hm, deep, and some duplication will inevitably occur.
    I am afraid we will not be able to change this - i hope we can agree that there are more pressing issues we could turn our attention to :)

Thanks for the report, though :)
    Cheers,
    Ivan Dionisiev
    CA Sofia QA Team

FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,491Registered Users

Hi @wolphyx and @Whiskeyjack_5691.

Your observations are correct.

Unfortunately the pool of ancillaries for some factions is not very, hm, deep, and some duplication will inevitably occur.
    I am afraid we will not be able to change this - i hope we can agree that there are more pressing issues we could turn our attention to :)

Thanks for the report, though :)

Yeah, you guys have a lot on your plate already. Perfectly understandable. Thanks anyway!