Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Building a PC specifically for total war (Rome 2-Warhammer 2)

JordanBoroJordanBoro Posts: 3Registered Users
So I’ve basically been a total war fan all my life, yet haven’t been able to play it since the first few months of Rome 2’s release (my terrible pc gave way) so now looking to spend about £1,100 on a PC that will run the latest total wars at 1080 60fps on very high/ultra (where possible) settings, I don’t know much about PC’s but I’ve done some digging and thought this would work

CPU: Intel I5 8400
GPU: EVGA gaming GTX 1060 6gb
RAM: 16GB Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4 2400mhz
SSD: Kingston a400 480gb (does anyone know if I’ll need HDD along with this? Won’t be using the pc for anything other than games mainly)

This comes to around £1150, any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• JordanBoroJordanBoro Posts: 3Registered Users
    Forgot to add that this comes to £1,150 because I’m also buying a new monitor and keyboard/mouse
  • IchonIchon Senior Member Posts: 4,731Registered Users
    Probably works great for now. To get significant upgrades would need to add another £200 so seems pretty decent for what you are getting.
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • JordanBoroJordanBoro Posts: 3Registered Users
    Ichon said:

Probably works great for now. To get significant upgrades would need to add another £200 so seems pretty decent for what you are getting.

Thanks for the reply (I’m late I know I’ve just logged back on). I ended up going with

AMD Ryzen 5 2600
    PowerColor Red Devil RX 590
    16GB Team T-force 3000mhz RAM
    480GB L5 Lite SSD

Now to wait for it to be delivered and see how it performs