Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Empire Patch 1.6? [Solved - ETW version display is not intuitive]

JerichoHuntJerichoHunt Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 5
edited August 2011 in Total War Eras Support
Hey,
I recently purchased and loaded Empire: Total War via Steam (of course) and after the update was complete, I noticed that on the main menu of Total War in the bottom left it lists the version as 1.5

But I have seen reference to a 1.6 patch. Can anyone advise on this? its my understanding that Steam updates the game automatically to the latest patch.
Post edited by JerichoHunt on

Comments

• JerichoHuntJerichoHunt Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5
    edited August 2011
    So to be specific, is my version fully patched even if it says 1.5 in the bottom left corner of the main menu?:confused:
  • EllEzDeeEllEzDee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 864
    edited August 2011
    Steam will always give you the most up-to-date version of the game without any exceptions.
    If you use the "verify integrity of the game cache" button, Steam will make sure the game's files are all in working order and that they match the most recent version of the game.
    You can access this feature by right clicking on the game in the Games Library, then clicking Properties, then the middle tab named Local Files - the verify button should be the third one down.

EDIT: Just started up my game to confirm - the game does in fact call itself version 1.5.
    [portable-ID]lsd[/portable-ID]
    Feel free to check out my Steam guide on naval combat in E:TW
  • JerichoHuntJerichoHunt Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5
    edited August 2011
    Thank you. I appreciate the clarification.
  • Rick_OShayRick_OShay Registered Users Posts: 2
    So.... is Steam mistaken, or what?