Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Playing ToB with Alligience update - This right here is the best Total War game in a LONG TIME!

ESKEHLESKEHL Senior MemberPosts: 484Registered Users
Just want that to be known and say to @Jack_Lusted_CA that I truly hope that you will be heading up the team for a future Medieval sequel.

With ToB you and your team has done something which is really awesome, making campaign gameplay something more than just steamrolling across the map. With the Alliegence update you do actually have to take notice of your actions and how your other nobles are developing! This right here takes the best from TW, and it deeper!

So I once again I want to say, that I really hope that you are the one who will head up the Medieval III team!

Cheers, ESKEHL

Comments

• Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,303Registered Users
    Yeah, agree. This game adresses a lot of problems that have plagued the TW series for quite some time. I only wish they'd make the AI interact with the player more diplomatically (and declare war).

• LeverkinLeverkin Posts: 38Registered Users
    I agree.

But, the CAI needs to be made more aggressive towards the player. CAI is capable of building strong kingdoms. Those kingdoms should be a threat. War with them should not be left to player's whim.

Aside from that (and some annoyances with the trait system in the early game), the game is great.

• MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,145Registered Users
    With Allegiance patches. I feel the game is better than Rome2 or Attila in term of Management and UI. It look simple but complex too.

The next thing, I hope CA would change, is battle. Its balance is fine but I likely to see somethings new, other than Shield Castle formation.
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• ESKEHLESKEHL Senior Member Posts: 484Registered Users
    Regarding the CAI, I play as Circenn and I don't recognice myself in what you are describing. I usually end up getting all viking factions to the north and west at me about 10 turns in! :smiley:
  • SutefanuSutefanu Posts: 17Registered Users
    I agree the new mechanics added in Allegiance beta are great and make this game a great total war product.

I'm looking forward for the full patch and hopefully CA will also tweak the CAI to challenge the player more.
  • DolorousEddDolorousEdd Junior Member Posts: 555Registered Users
    Glad to hear that. I'm just waiting for Blood and Gore and the update to come out of beta to buy it.
    Team Dwarfs
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Crooked Moon
    Team Cult of Pleasure
    Team Clan Pestilens
  • DominicomucciDominicomucci Senior Member Posts: 409Registered Users
    Wow sounds cool im looking forward to trying it. Even the vanilla game is great im well impressed. In my playthrough the campaign AI Has been great. Im currently getting stuffed, VH VH campaign :blush:
  • TheBraveKnightTheBraveKnight Senior Member Posts: 1,657Registered Users
    Absolutely agree! In my opinion, this game trumps Rome 2/Attila. I am really enjoying it and easily rank it in my top 5 TW titles.

And I can't boast enough about how much I LOVE the trait system - Reminds me of the traits from Medieval 1-2.

Yeah, agree. This game adresses a lot of problems that have plagued the TW series for quite some time. I only wish they'd make the AI interact with the player more diplomatically (and declare war).

Will agree with this though. The CAI
    Current Top 3 Total War List

1) Thrones of Britannia - Art style, soundtrack, aging portraits, sieges, politics, and trait system!
    (Prob 3 Kingdoms after I invest more hours. Awesome awesome game!)

2) Warhammer 2 - Eye of the Vortex

3) Shogun 2

Honorable mentions - Medieval 1

• LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 1,166Registered Users
    Best polished total war game currently available. Ui is absolutely great and really like the building and recruitment chances. Battles also perfectly fit the setting. Hope they will offer some additional dlc in the near future.
  • billydillybillydilly Member Posts: 143Registered Users
    Agree. It is really good with the latest Beta. This and Attila are my favorites.
    CPU: i7-8700. RAM: 16Gb. SSDs: Kingston 120Gb (System) and Samsung EVO 500Gb (Steam). GPU: GTX 1070 (8Gb), PSU: Corsair CX600W.
  • Emperor_NapoleonEmperor_Napoleon Posts: 122Registered Users
    I'm finding it hard to go back to older TW games after ToB, since none of them have UI that's as refined and polished as ToB's, and none have the great recruitment system or province system (I guess Shogun II sort of does but not really).
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 1,166Registered Users
    Yeah really hope that building system is extended and improved further into there kingdoms
  • Felix_CarnifexFelix_Carnifex Junior Member Posts: 23Registered Users
    I am in the same boat with all of these comments.

ToB is a great addition to the Total War series and I wish some of the mechanics could be bought to R2 but I know it wont happen. This feels like a historical version of Warhammer and makes me hopeful and excited for future historical titles. Many of the new features would be absolutely fantastic in a Medieval era title, I cant wait!

The UI is incredible, the recruitment reminds me of the M2TW system (which was great in my opinion), the family tree, traits, politics, governors and estates system are outstanding, the building and settlement management systems are a fresh new take on the old formula. The game is just a pleasure to play through and I find myself being affected by the "just one more turn" disease whenever I jump in.

The new Allegiance update has brought many great balances, changes and updates to the game. Well done CA and Jack!
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,506Registered Users
    I've said this before in other threads, but I think the historical games were starting to get a bit stale, especially compared to Warhammer. But ToB (and by extension Jack Lusted and his team) did a really great job of putting a fresh spin on the series in terms of gameplay mechanics.

In my opinion, Thrones of Britannia's biggest accomplishment was successfully reworking and redesigning some core gameplay mechanics of the Total War series - such as recruitment and replenishment - which have otherwise remained largely unchanged since Medieval 2 or Empire.