Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER II - Reinforcement Beta feedback thread

Grace_CAGrace_CA Creative AssemblyPosts: 761Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, SuperAdmin, Community Team
edited August 21 in PTE Beta Feedback
The Total War: WARHAMMER II Reinforcement Beta is now available - check out this blog for the patch notes and information on how to opt in: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/reinforcement-beta

Please post all feedback in this thread.

Comments

• ASyrianASyrian Posts: 74Registered Users
    What was wrong with the skeletons?
  • booker519booker519 Posts: 8Registered Users
    @ASyrian The skeleton recruitment is what caused this bug:

Fortress Games, Skavenblight, Hell Pit and Occupied Elven Colonies can now be upgraded by those who do not own Tomb Kings.

They couldn't fix it so they disabled skeleton recruitment in only those cities. The additional recruitment in the barracks allows you to recruit skeletons in those cities.

I hope CA learns from this and doesn't repeat this mistake again in the next dlc. But they also can't stop putting lord's army on hero abilities, so slim chance of that.
  • tremor3258tremor3258 Posts: 43Registered Users
    So DLC-related units were blocking construction of buildings if no faction-specific units were available and the DLC wasn't owned?

I'm amazed that slipped through QA and vanilla players were blocked on a paywall so long (the Sisters of Slaughter was bad enough) given when Tomb Kings came out.

My suggestion? Time to do the Attila thing and give every city spearmen recruitment.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 15,590Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Folks, this thread is for feedback on the Reinforcement Beta. Post the specifics on other topic in the appropriate area. Thanks.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Posts: 108Registered Users
    edited August 21
    @Grace_CA

Can you please fix the lizardmen Sacred Spawns and loyalty dilemmas (dark elf and i think skaven events) not working at all?

They are completely non functional (not appearing/working) and they can not be fixed by modders at all.

Also please take a look at the Community Bug Fix Mod (on steam workshop).

They have plenty of ready bug fixes that you can implement as well as talks about bugs that can't be fixed by mods.
  • swagalinaswagalina Posts: 0Registered Users
    how about some actual content? those of us who already owned the dlc got nothing
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 15,590Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Another reminder folks (last one). Feedback on the replenishment update only.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • WikistWikist Posts: 14Registered Users
    Hi!

There is a bug with unit cards for Norsca. Norscan Warhounds have Chaos Warhounds unit card picture. You have diffrent unit card picture for that unit in Warhammer I, so I am sure it's just a small (easy to reapair), but touchy (frustrating)matter. Please addres this in your future update.

Thanks!
    Also don't know if this is still a bug, but there was an issue with Skeggi landmark.

There is a mod that reapairs the bug and author says that this bug is still in the game so I woud advise to take a closer look into it. As I downloaded this mod even before starting my first Norsca campaign I can't say what is the bug exactly. I quess you can't build the landmark in the city or the bonuses don't work. Either way author of this mod has made a mod because of the problem, so I quess there is a problem.

Link to the mod with the fix:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1399799846
  • manx2007manx2007 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Fix the Lothern Sea Guard and Shades (Great Weapons) animations bugs.Thanks.
  • subtactricssubtactrics Posts: 1Registered Users
    +1 for the community bug fix mod. Would be great if it didn't exist.
    Thanks for looking after people who don't have all the DLC.
  • VessingerVessinger Senior Member Posts: 855Registered Users
    I've been testing the beta patch over the last couple of days, and so far it has been stable and reinforcements now seem to be showing up from where you would expect them to, which is good.

One thing I have noticed, though, is now skirmish mode seems to be broken on Skeleton Archers, and Skeleton Horse Archers. The Skeleton Archers sometimes don't retreat from enemies at all but just stand there, and sometimes Skeleton Horse Archers charge at the enemy instead of running away from them. Oddly enough Chariot Archers seem fine as far as I've noticed.

To add to that, Skeleton Archers often won't disengage from melee even when I manually order them to move away, so that compounds the broken skirmishing issue.
  • Akamanah500Akamanah500 Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited August 23
    Будут ли исправлены анимации добивающих ударов у некоторых персонажей?Анимация добивания у Малекита все еще работает некоректно.Вместо срубания головы отлетает текстура самого Малекита.Так же нету многих анимаций у других персонажей и юнитов.Дикий стегадон и Дикий бастиладон вообще не имеют добивающих ударов.Морати,Теклис,Алариель,Хелеброн тоже не имеют своих собственных добивающих ударов.

This is an English-only forum. Either post in English or at least post a translation.

Via Goolge Translate:
    Animation of finishing off units in Malekit still works crookedly. Instead of chopping off the head, the texture of the Malekit itself flies. Plus, there are not many people finishing off other characters and units. The Dikid Stegadon and the Wild Bastiladon do not even have finishing shots. Morati, Teclis, Alariel, Helebron, too, do not have their own finishing moves.
    Post edited by Akamanah500 on
  • oesisoesis Posts: 1Registered Users
    Sorry if this is a bad place to put this. I am unable to download the beta patch. I opted into the beta but the download freezes at 91%.
  • JIMBOBBIBALYBOBJIMBOBBIBALYBOB Posts: 1Registered Users
    mines also just completely stops at 87.8/102.6. i even downloaded another game to see if its my internet and steam downloaded the game perfectly fine, but then when it went back to the patch download it stops completely.
    OK, just a quick update. I had a CTD towards the end of a siege I had essentially won. The first CTD I've had since the patch. No errors, no messages, just straight to the desktop as I was about to win.

I'm afraid I don't have all my system specs as my machine is at home and I'm not atm, but it's an i5-7400 with a Radeon RX 480. I'm using Win 10 and DX 11 mode. I know I don't have the latest graphics drivers, I'll try updating them this evening and see if that clears it up.

As far as my skirmish issue, I'm beginning to think it might just be a 1-off thing. My archers have mostly been retreating like they should. Same with Archer Cav.
  • SonoftheforestSonoftheforest Posts: 3Registered Users
    Started a new Alith Anar ME campaign have the Griffin Gate but can't build anything in it?
  • Havamal13Havamal13 Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    oesis said:

Sorry if this is a bad place to put this. I am unable to download the beta patch. I opted into the beta but the download freezes at 91%.

mines also just completely stops at 87.8/102.6. i even downloaded another game to see if its my internet and steam downloaded the game perfectly fine, but then when it went back to the patch download it stops completely.

Glad to know i'm not the only one. I too get stuck at 87.7% and have been stuck ever since the release of the beta patch.
    I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, verifying installation, cleared downloading folder, attempt to redownload patch and get stuck at 87% again.
  • trwolff1963trwolff1963 Posts: 7Registered Users
    I was testing a wood elf campaign to see where reinforcements came in and so far good. But noticed the wood elf bow changing to a high elf bow. not sure if was because of test Beta test or not.

I did a few save games from before the beta test. Ones I remember where the other army was at. And it did reset them to enter about where I thought they should on the grand campaign map.
  • GnomanGnoman Posts: 1Registered Users
    In the dugout of dwarfs there is the artifact "ancestor's horn" in which one of the properties is the call of the spirit of the ancestor. When you hang your artifact on a hero or agent, there are no bonuses for visa.
    There is a bug that allows Avelorn and Nagarythe to recruit their exlusive units when played by AI. So there should be a bug that blocks it from happening. Please look closer to this issue aswell.
    edited August 30
    There is also a mod for Avelorn and Nagaryrhe to be able to recruit the exclusive units for them as treemen and shadow-walkers. Please fix it. :)

Sorry made double post. Please delete it.
    I was recently playing vortex campaign as the high elves. I was surprised to see that Skaeling recruited for themselves Dark Riders unit. I play with some mods on, but I'm not sure if that's a original game bug or the mod bug. Please take a closer look.
  • Paxsinica85Paxsinica85 Junior Member Posts: 27Registered Users
    edited September 1

...noticed the wood elf bow changing to a high elf bow. not sure if was because of test Beta test or not....

This is an old-ass bug which is existed for nearly one year and reported many times already, therefore, not cause by this new patch, but which also means CA still haven't fixed it by this patch.
    --------

CA, please fix this simple animation bug of wood elf changing their bows to high elf bows, which is reported for nearly one year. That's really not too much to ask, yes? PLEASE! THANKS!
  • captainbeastfeastcaptainbeastfeast Posts: 7Registered Users
    This fix does not reliably work. In the multiplayer campaign head to head me and my partner found that reinforcement armies are still arriving in the wrong part of the map relative to where the main army is.on the campaign map, often with disastrous results as the other player sees the misplaced army and quickly wipes it out! We were both playing the reinforcement patch beta.

I repeat, this issue is not fixed. I have experienced the same problem in single player as well. Please look into fixing this bug.

-----

As a side issue, please give undead factions perfect vigour. It doesn't make sense that they get tired since they aren't alive. This would help to make tomb kings more competitive in multiplayer battles as well. For VC it would help to lessen the disadvantage of not having any missile units/artillery, which can be devastating when they fight wood elves/high elves.
  • pecasperpecasper Posts: 1Registered Users
    My download stops at 87.8 MB, what can I do?
  • Dragonswrath18Dragonswrath18 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Grace_CA said:

The Total War: WARHAMMER II Reinforcement Beta is now available - check out this blog for the patch notes and information on how to opt in: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/reinforcement-beta

Please post all feedback in this thread.

I took a look at it and I thought that you where finally going to put the option to have reinforcements in custom battles so that you can have a better variety in custom battles. Why is it only in campaigns and quest battles?
  • bigbuddyman12341bigbuddyman12341 Posts: 1Registered Users
    hello creative assembly my name is buddy Collins, and I am a huge fan of total war Warhammer and I like Nagash the Great Necromancer. Can I please play as Nagash himself and see him and his armies in action? I am a HUGE fan of Nagash and his body and his powers.
  • ThaneMurthor12ThaneMurthor12 Posts: 414Registered Users

hello creative assembly my name is buddy Collins, and I am a huge fan of total war Warhammer and I like Nagash the Great Necromancer. Can I please play as Nagash himself and see him and his armies in action? I am a HUGE fan of Nagash and his body and his powers.

The Total war Warhammer trilogy is not based on the End times.
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

"In the centuries I have been the High King, our enemies have thought us weak, cowards hiding in the deepest, darkest places. Heh, fools! Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, etched in blood! Clan Gurnisson! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman! The Urks must pay, Let them come..."

"One wrong put right, yet the Great Book of Grudges...remains full..."

- High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer.

I've started a Hellebron campaign and one thing I've noticed: when you're being attacked by much more stacks than 2 then reinforcements are still quite broken. I fought one battle this weekend where I was attacked from the front, but I had 2 armies attacking from beside me and behind me. I believe it was 4 stacks vs my one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file