Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Great Wall

J_PJ_P Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 20

Will the Wall feature in the game? I see it in the artwork on the blog .

Will we will be able to fight battles on the great wall? If not in the initial game release, maybe it could be in an expansion pack?

Also would there be game mechanic whereby if you stopped funding its maintenance and garrisons you would save money but become more prone to more raids from invaders.

I would very enjoy map defending different sections of the wall.

Comments

• Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Registered Users Posts: 2,381

No! buahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Probably... depends how far north they are going :) if CA intends to includes us Mongols (Xian Bei) then it would definitely make sense to put the Great Wall in. If not... it's be a nice aesthetic to see on the campaign map.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,550
    edited August 2018

Probably... depends how far north they are going :) if CA intends to includes us Mongols (Xian Bei) then it would definitely make sense to put the Great Wall in. If not... it's be a nice aesthetic to see on the campaign map.

Are you Mongolian?
    I would like to Great Wall as garrisonable structure by skirmishers.
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Registered Users Posts: 2,381
    jamreal18 said:

Are you Mongolian?
    I would like to Great Wall as garrisonable structure by skirmishers.
    Yes.

I too would like to see a garrisonable structure... but do you mean during the campaign map? or in a battle. In the campaign map, they could work similar to the Warhammer High Elf gates, except combined into checkpoints.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • IntranetusaIntranetusa Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 611
    They don't even have naval battles. I highly doubt any garrison-able special buildings will make it into the game.

It seems the game will be about "CHARACTERS CHARACTERS CHARACTERS " according to everything they've released so far.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,294
    edited August 2018
    AFAIK the Great Wall wasn't really meant to be defended for any prolonged period of time(though there were forts alongside it I think that could?) and more intended to funnel armies into specifically designed gaps in the fortifications. As such I would say that how it should be done is crossing over the Great Wall should either A)Take an entire turn of movement to get across slowing an enemy down or B ) simply be impassable, both options encouraging you to make for the gaps in the wall instead. If you fight a battle on the great wall though it should definitely feature on the battlemap.